Dies Irae Steam Confirmed (Prefundia Up Now)

Yuuko

On 29.8.2016 at 6:20 PM, sanahtlig said:

If you want to employ irony correctly, I'd suggest following some basic writing principles, like not starting a new paragraph when the line directly depends on context from the previous line.

Point taken. I guess making the best use of the available space by spreading the text lines isn't exactly a valid grammar rule in English. :wafuu:

• 3 months later...

Another update: A youtube video appeared.

It's the Also sprach Zarathustra OP, but more interesting is the English description:

Thank you for the comments everyone! Yes, the Kickstarter is in the works! In a few days we will have a Prefundia page up, so please check it out and give us your thoughts. A link to the Prefundia page will be posted once it is ready. Facebook and Twitter will soon be up as well, so please be on the lookout!

Now, this appears to be an edit of the original description, which used to have a broken link. I don't know the details of why this video was posted, but it seems like it may have been so on accident or something? Regardless, they're saying that the prefundia will be up in a few days, and they'll also start their social media promotion then as well.

I also have concerns with this being the Also sprach Zarathustra OP instead of the Amantes Amantes OP. Hopefully this means that they'll release both versions, and not that they're choosing ASZ over AA just because a handful of people complained about the lack of boobs. I don't want to speculate much more on that until they've started their actual promotional campaign, we'll likely get answers soon.

Edited by Decay

23 minutes ago, Decay said:

Another update: A youtube video appeared.

It's the Also sprach Zarathustra OP, but more interesting is the English description:

Now, this appears to be an edit of the original description, which used to have a broken link. I don't know the details of why this video was posted, but it seems like it may have been so on accident or something? Regardless, they're saying that the prefundia will be up in a few days, and they'll also start their social media promotion then as well.

I also have concerns with this being the Also sprach Zarathustra OP instead of the Amantes Amantes OP. Hopefully this means that they'll release both versions, and not that they're choosing ASZ over AA just because a handful of people complained about the lack of boobs. I don't want to speculate much more on that until they've started their actual promotional campaign, we'll likely get answers soon.

One would think they would at least go with the ~Acta est Fabula~ version instead of the Also sprach Zarathustra if they were going to go the "boob" way.

Hopefully it's just a randomly picked OP or something like that, and not the OP of the specific version they are going to bring over.

Well, it could be just Fabula with no H content instead of Amantes version imo. Beside, it's not like that Amantes cut Fabula original content right (Except sex scene, but it should be obvious because Amantes were first released on PSP). Either way, let's just wait and see here for their Kickstarter later.

Edited by littleshogun

21 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Well, it could be just Fabula with no H content instead of Amantes version imo. Beside, it's not like that Amantes cut Fabula original content right (Except sex scene, but it should be obvious because Amantes were first released on PSP). Either way, let's just wait and see here for their Kickstarter later.

Amantes Amentes is Acta est Fabula with no sexual content and some bonus scenes.

3 hours ago, Decay said:

They may not have the rights to the Amantes amentes OP.  It's also possible that they never had the rights to Amantes amentes to begin with, and it was just a codeword for "Dies Irae without the 18+ content".

Edited by sanahtlig

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

They may not have the rights to the Amantes amentes OP.  It's also possible that they never had the rights to Amantes amentes to begin with, and it was just a codeword for "Dies Irae without the 18+ content".

I was afraid of this, but isn't the english publisher Light? If that is the case, there shouldn't have a need to have the "rights", since Amantes amentes was developed and published by Light, unlike say ChuSingura46+1 V which was developed by inre but published by Dramatic Creates and NextNinja only managed to obtain the rights from inre, which could only give them the license that 100 percent belongs to them, which wast the 18+ PC version.

1 hour ago, Nier said:

I was afraid of this, but isn't the english publisher Light? If that is the case, there shouldn't have a need to have the "rights", since Amantes amentes was developed and published by Light, unlike say ChuSingura46+1 V which was developed by inre but published by Dramatic Creates and NextNinja only managed to obtain the rights from inre, which could only give them the license that 100 percent belongs to them, which wast the 18+ PC version.

Not sure who the English publisher will be, but it certainly is rare for a Japanese eroge company to do its own console ports.

4 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Not sure who the English publisher will be, but it certainly is rare for a Japanese eroge company to do its own console ports.

Yeah that's true, but according to vndb, it is 100% Light, not to mention there is already PC version releases of Amantes amentes and according to vndb Light is both developer and publisher:

https://vndb.org/r20366

https://vndb.org/r44310

Not to mention the Dies Irae game version they will be bringing in the West will have higher resolution than any of the versions released in Japan which were all at most 800x600.

Edited by Nier

8 hours ago, Dergonu said:

One would think they would at least go with the ~Acta est Fabula~ version instead of the Also sprach Zarathustra if they were going to go the "boob" way.

Hopefully it's just a randomly picked OP or something like that, and not the OP of the specific version they are going to bring over.

Ah, of course. To be honest, I wasn't sure which version was which when I made that post. Now that this has been pointed out, it definitely feels like they just picked whatever OP they liked best, or something along those lines. Or maybe it's a rights issue for the video as Sanahtlig suggested. 

edit: Prefundia is up: http://prefundia.com/projects/view/project-to-lead-dies-irae-to-the-atziluth/11416/

Edited by Decay

"Dies irae ~Amantes amentes~" will be released on Steam in two parts.
The first part will contain Kasumi and Marie's routes, while the second part
will cover Kei and Rea's routes. As it generally takes at least 60+ hours to play through the entire story, we would have no choice but to sell the game at a higher price point, were we to offer it all in one part. So that a wider audience would be able to enjoy the world of Dies irae, we have decided to separate the story into two parts. Rest assured that backers will have access to both parts once they are
completed. The game will also be polished to fit the current system environments.

Oh boy, I have no doubts they will charge quite a lot more for this than shame should allow.

Update the topic and putting these here so people can stop bitching.

Q: How will the censorship in the original ~Amantes amentes~ version unrelated to ero content be handled for the English version? Will the text censorship be reverted as well?
The censorship from ~Amantes amentes~ unrelated to ero content will be 
reverted to the way it was in Acta est Fabula (the 18+ version). Censored 
text will be reverted to the way it was in Acta est Fabula as well (however, all these restorations will have to fall in line with Steam's policies).

Q: When do you plan to release the 18+ patch?
We plan to release the 18+ patch about three months after the Steam version
is released.

Q: How will the CG resizing be handled?
Dies irae was already given the HD treatment for the Japanese Android version release. The game was updated at that time. The CGs were cropped and the screen could be scrolled up and down, all to ensure that it all fit on the whole screen. However, in response to demand from those who want the full-sized CGs from the 4:3 era, we shall include a 4:3 version with the game. You can choose which version to play (or both!) when you install the game.

2 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Oh boy, I have no doubts they will charge quite a lot more for this than shame should allow.

Full digital copy is $35 on prefundia.

Edited by Kiriririri

10 hours ago, Decay said:

My guess is that it will be $20 per part, or something along those lines.

Seems like; that'd be my guess, yeah.  They seem to have taken the lesson that $40 for VNs doesn't seem to work very well on Steam, so it's better to cut it in half and charge their $40 twenty bucks at a time.

Edited by Nandemonai
for great grammar