Dies Irae Steam Confirmed (Prefundia Up Now)

Yuuko

1 minute ago, Decay said:

I'm basically just expecting Dies Irae to be a pretty good action story. Which makes it one of the few VNs I actually have expectations for. I typically try to have absolutely no expectations when going into something new but with Dies Irae, that's pretty much impossible. But still, got to keep it realistic. 

from what I ve been seeing in reviews its actually quite a philosophical work on top of being action packed. 

49 minutes ago, Clephas said:

I honestly hope that it is true, since it is just sad that the entire world hasn't had the opportunity to read it.

6 minutes ago, douggle said:

from what I ve been seeing in reviews its actually quite a philosophical work on top of being action packed. 

>Philosophical

More occult nazis? :makina:

I understand the hype, but like seriously, Dies Irae isn't the holy grail of japanese vn industry. It just happens to titillate the kind of stuff we're fond of as fans. Granted, it's still better than the 95% of vn's out there :Teeku: that's, perhaps, why we always wanted it to happen so badly.

That aside, this preety much means we kind of achieved our goals as a community. Will that mean Fuwanovel will close down, or is it just the beginning of a more wondrous voyage? :miyako:

Don't forget, guys - eroge was a mistake!

Just now, Narcosis said:

>Philosophical

More occult nazis? :makina:

I understand the hype, but like seriously, Dies Irae isn't the holy grail of japanese vn industry. It just happens to titillate the kind of stuff we're fond of as fans. Granted, it's still better than the 95% of vn's out there :Teeku: that's, perhaps, why we always wanted it to happen so badly.

Well for me its more of I started text hoooking it finished the prologue decided to hold off, and this was the leak/announce i ve been waiting for

27 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Just to clarify, the Amantes version doesn't censor any gore, just the h-scenes.

From what I remember out of previous discussions, they did at the very least censore some backstories (like Wilhelm's or Schreiber's, maybe even heavily) and something about a severed head...? Man, my mind is way too fuzzy about the rest. Pity they can't at least bring back all the gore and details.

11 minutes ago, Decay said:

I'm basically just expecting Dies Irae to be a pretty good action story. Which makes it one of the few VNs I actually have expectations for. I typically try to have absolutely no expectations when going into something new but with Dies Irae, that's pretty much impossible. But still, got to keep it realistic. 

It's a really good idea, TBH. The amount of hype Dies Irae has received, much of it because people like to parrot stuff other people say on 4chan, means it's impossible for Dies Irae to live up to community expectations.

9 minutes ago, douggle said:

A lot of fiction contain 'philosophical' elements. Why? Because every person has their own thoughts, their own philosophy, their own reasoning that makes sense of the world. Much of the time even when the author doesn't realise it, that stuff gets inserted into their work. 

Sometimes this gets hyped up into more than it is. Like everything else, it's how it's done not it is there.

1 minute ago, Rooke said:

It's a really good idea, TBH. The amount of hype Dies Irae has received, much of it because people like to parrot stuff other people say on 4chan, means it's impossible for Dies Irae to live up to community expectations.

A lot of fiction contain 'philosophical' elements. Why? Because every person has their own thoughts, their own philosophy, their own reasoning that makes sense of the world. Much of the time even when the author doesn't realise it, that stuff gets inserted into their work. 

Sometimes this gets hyped up into more than it is. Like everything else, it's how it's done not it is there.

except as I stated before I have tried a read attempt on this one this isnt hype just for hype. I finished the prologue I didnt feel I should continue and decided to hold off because machine translation doesn't do Masada justice. And as I mentioned this was exactly the leak i was hopng for.

Since this is a fictional story involving the Third Reich and the aftermaths of WW2, does it show any Nazi crosses?

If so, they probably have to be removed at least for the German Steam version or there won't be a release here.

Don't think the appearance of Hitler is really a problem provided it's not in a peculiar context.

I hope they keep that in mind, since this is something the German authorities aren't particular tolerant about.

3 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Since this is a fictional story involving the Third Reich and the aftermaths of WW2, does it show any Nazi crosses?

If so, they probably have to be removed at least for the German Steam version or there won't be a release here.

Don't think the appearance of Hitler is really a problem provided it's not in a peculiar context.

I hope they keep that in mind, since this is something the German authorities aren't particular tolerant about.

Yeah, uh, Swastika is like the integral part of the plot in Dies. xD

swastika01.gif

Just now, ChaosRaven said:

Yeah, if the German authorities see such stuff in the Steam version it's pretty much game over.

You mean it won't appear in the German version of steam or the German government will somehow force valve to take it off steam entirely? that would be pretty ridiculous and against freedom of expression

3 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

For whom, I wonder? :sachi:

For the German Steam version of course. I don't think other countries will be affected except Austria or Swiss maybe.

Edit: Censorship is pretty normal for German Steam versions. There are many "Low Violence" version from games like Fallout 3 and recently some games like Painkiller: Hell & Damnation were taken down completely. And if it involves Nazi symbols it's even more critical.

1 minute ago, ChaosRaven said:

For the German Steam version of course. I don't think other countries will be affected except Austria or Swiss maybe.

I don't think Germans actually care at this point, either.

Dies Irae doesn't really talk about nazism, nor calls for it's ideologies; it merely uses it's symbols to convey authentic story setting.

1 hour ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Wolfenstein ; the new order showed nazi cross.

I'm pretty sure you've checked the wrong version because if i go to the German Steam page I get the following:

English language not supported
This product does not have support for your local language. Please review the supported language list below before purchasing

and

Notice: To take account for local laws, certain symbols, and content that may be construed to violate § 86a of the German Criminal Code, have been replaced by no less atmospheric alternatives.

And those are usually Nazi crosses. And we can't get the English version because it does contain those symbols.

1 hour ago, Narcosis said:

I don't think Germans actually care at this point, either.

Dies Irae doesn't really talk about nazism, nor calls for it's ideologies; it merely uses it's symbols to convey authentic story setting.

Unfortunately, discussing that with German authorities is as useless as discussing mosaics with Japanese authorities.

Actually, it's even more ridiculous because those symbols are allowed in movies (if the context is right) because movies count as some kind of 'art medium' and computer games not.

Don't ask, I don't understand it either... :amane:

if Dies Irae gets banned or censored in Germany,can't you just buy a Steam key from another country?Bully was banned in my country for years and couldn't be bought on Steam or PSN(though as of recently recently they finally lifted the ban) and since a government has no place to demand me what I should or should not play,I said "fuck you" and bought a Steam key elsewhere.