Little Busters! PE

Ronnie21093

Has anyone heard anything about the translation of Little Busters! PE? VNDB says Fruitbat Factory is doing the translation, but there hasn't been any word from anyone about the translation, so I am worried about the translation being dead. (And that would make me sad. Mainly because I have been wanting to do Sasami's route.)

We have unfortunately heard very little about it. However, this google doc that Doki Fansubs used to track their progress silently updated a couple of months ago: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nos5YweGwSeVqmIkTCM2Lvt3IhRGGP-mjpzbZgZDc6s/edit

It added a whole lot of editing progress. I'm not sure what to make of it since it is highly unofficial and operated by Doki, not Fruitbat, but Doki are apparently assisting on the official release so perhaps it could be used as some indication of progress. 

You could actually try learning Japanese and reading it for yourself faster than they can translate it. I picked up JP after I finished LB, wanted to read more and got through it in about 2 or 3 years (and you can do it faster). There's a good number of learning Japanese threads around the forum.

...Man, PE STILL isn't translated after all these years.

17 minutes ago, seventhfonist425 said:

You could actually try learning Japanese and reading it for yourself faster than they can translate it. I picked up JP after I finished LB, wanted to read more and got through it in about 2 or 3 years (and you can do it faster). There's a good number of learning Japanese threads around the forum.

...Man, PE STILL isn't translated after all these years.

Ya not everyone wants to waste 3 years learning another language. They don't have the time or just don't want to wait that long when there is plenty other things to do that are more important, not to mention a lot of VNs will be translated by then. Getting tired of everyone saying "then learn Japanese". It is one of the most difficult languages to learn and most don't have the time, patience, or ability to do so.

1 hour ago, WinterfuryZX said:

The only difficult thing in japanese are the fucking kanjis.

yup and you dont even need to learn them all before you can read of course, you have so many tools to aid you when you read vns that you in theory can start reading when you have the kana and basic grammar down, its not as hard as people make it seem guys.

8 hours ago, Erogamer said:

Ya not everyone wants to waste 3 years learning another language. They don't have the time or just don't want to wait that long when there is plenty other things to do that are more important, not to mention a lot of VNs will be translated by then. Getting tired of everyone saying "then learn Japanese". It is one of the most difficult languages to learn and most don't have the time, patience, or ability to do so.

Yeah the language is incredibly difficult compared to most.  All because they continue to use an ancient written system known as Kanji.

Would be nice if they could adopt a more modern system.  I've learned English, some spanish, some korean, and very little japanese.  Out of those 4 korean is the easiest to get started.  You can learn how to read and write words in about 1 hour of learning the korean alphabets.  no joke.  While japanese can take you years cause all those damn Kanji you have to remember and two seperate alphabets systems also.

I'm just amazed that an advance country would still be using kanji.

2 minutes ago, sevencamelot said:

I'm just amazed that an advance country would still be using kanji.

People still using Kanji being difficult as excuse not to learn Japanese in 2k16. :Kappa:

In my opinion, Kanji are the ultimate shortcut to learning Japanese.

If you state Kanji as a reason, I will automatically assume, you've never seriously delved into learning Japanese to begin with.

47 minutes ago, Ningen said:

People still using Kanji being difficult as excuse not to learn Japanese in 2k16. :Kappa:

In my opinion, Kanji are the ultimate shortcut to learning Japanese.

If you state Kanji as a reason, I will automatically assume, you've never seriously delved into learning Japanese to begin with.

The written language just didn't click with me I guess.  I quit after learning Hiragana and Katakana with some Kanji.  I felt the time and investment I would have to put in wasn't worth the return for me.  Considering it took me 2 weeks just to remember Hiragana and Katakana and god knows how much extra time I would have to learn to remember all the Kanji.  From what I heard it takes YEARS >_>

I've heard it all from people who learned Japanese.  They always say it's not that hard or some say it's one of the easier languages to learn, but to me it just felt like its outdated.  Needlessly complicated imo.  It's a pet peeve for me to do something that feels like its made difficult just because.

In HS I asked how do you read those korean words to me friend.  He sat down with me one day and taught me for like an hour, then after that I could read and write no problem.  So I was kind expecting to get right into it with Japanese, but man was I wrong. :wahaha:

10 hours ago, Erogamer said:

For the record, it took ME 3-4 years to get to reading LB, but most of the people I know get around to it in like, 1 year. I was honestly just slow about it and messed up a few times, had to pick myself back up for it. There are several reasons to learning another language, and there WILL be gems that will NOT be translated. That, and the process itself is a pretty good learning experience.