We want to support Obama to repeal the Bill of Rights

He says, "repeal the Bill of Rights" so many times to these people that it's just sad that they don't notice, or I suppose understand what he is actually saying. I would like to say I'm shocked at how uninformed and ignorant people can be; but I'm not. This is America folks! I'm no longer sure whether I should be proud to say I'm American...

.... :angry:

Come on Aaeru. Seriously dont want arguments about politics here. It doesnt do anything but cause problems. Not to mention, not everyone will have the same opinions. Last thing we want to do is start arguments and discord in the forums.

This gets out of hand and ill be locking this thread.

.... :angry:/>

Come on Aaeru. Seriously dont want arguments about politics here. It doesnt do anything but cause problems. Not to mention, not everyone will have the same opinions. Last thing we want to do is start arguments and discord in the forums.

This gets out of hand and ill be locking this thread.

If things get out of hand it's perfectly reasonable to moderate and perhaps even lock the thread. But in Aaeru's defense the video isn't promoting any sort of political agenda. It's merely pointing out the ignorance of some American citizens, and how they would ignorantly trade over their rights.

If things get out of hand it's perfectly reasonable to moderate and perhaps even lock the thread. But in Aaeru's defense the video isn't promoting any sort of political agenda. It's merely pointing out the ignorance of some American citizens, and how they would ignorantly trade over their rights.

if you look at the guy's other videos, apparently he does random other ones, like people signing that they are a moron (

)

regardless.

It has no business on a Visual Novel Forum. Im tired of hearing about that crap. Last thing I want to do is come to a Visual Novel forum and hear about it. It has no place here.

Not to mention, ive already gotten complaints via PM.

Not everyone wants to hear it.

regardless.

It has no business on a Visual Novel Forum. Im tired of hearing about that crap. Last thing I want to do is come to a Visual Novel forum and hear about it. It has no place here.

Not to mention, ive already gotten complaints via PM.

Not everyone wants to hear it.

I can't disagree with you, though people will always have a reason to complain. It's always the worst when it comes to religion or politics, though.

Ryoji i dont really agree, we shouldn't use our powers to police over what other people want to say.

We could lock a thread when conflict occurs and people are getting very hurt from the insults being thrown on both sides, but only for their sake.

But I didn't hurt any one. Neither am I starting a troll thread with the intention of hurting someone.

It is simple as "This is what I wanted to at the time, that is why I said it."

If argument does break out, then people can argue, so long as it's civilized and respectful.

(fan translation is a very controversial topic too.)

it is not right to use powers to prevent people from saying what they want to say at the time they want to say it,

so long as they do it without malicious intent.

just like this thread that Kaguya started.

^ this can be controversial too. but kaguya really wanted to say it. because it is important to him or her. that's why

wouldn't you agree it would be wrong to prevent people from saying urgently what they need to say, even if it is possible that it could incite disagreement?

Thats the point...

This is a Visual Novel Forum. This is Not a Poiltics Discussion Forum. People come here to talk about VN/anime/manga/fun stuff. Not Politics.

If I get one more PM im locking this thread

The only controversy I've noticed so far are people complaining that there could be controversy. But I haven't read one comment on this thread so far antagonizing any political view. Besides the video is far more comedic by nature then it is political. If people really are debating about political views then I could perfectly understand locking the thread, but as of yet nothing of that nature has occurred. But if you are getting alot of pms expressing people's discontent with this thread then I can't stop you from appeasing them. I merely entreat you to consider if this thread has really done any wrong yet.

Haha yeah, that's exactly the issue -- even offline. I can't blame Ryoji for worrying about it. People will go out of their way to try to change your opinion, and your best friends may even fight with you over silly elections when they come up. I'm not sure why people are so silly, but I don't think we can do anything about it.

Haha yeah, that's exactly the issue -- even offline. I can't blame Ryoji for worrying about it. People will go out of their way to try to change your opinion, and your best friends may even fight with you over silly elections when they come up. I'm not sure why people are so silly, but I don't think we can do anything about it.

I agree... to an extent. I think its good for people to be intellectually involved in politics and to know whats going on. Other wise you'll end up like those people in the video signing their rights away. It's also good to be politically involved because if everyone were to ignore and remain ignorant to politics than we'll have a repeat of the mid-evil times. Where the majority of the population doesn't know whats happening politically and just accept what powerful opportunists tell and mandate from them. On the other hand when religious, political, economical, etc disputes lead to hostility, hatred, violence, and war; that's when being "intellectually involved" has gone too far.

I think this kind of thing should have a sub-forum tbh, I've tried really hard to avoid these sort of topics here because of exactly ryoji's reaction. it's a forum for video games. people don't play video games to constantly be reminded of real world problems and shit. i'm not a mod or anything of the sort so my opinion really doesn't hold much water either way, but I feel it would cause less drama if there was a separate place for people who wanted to talk about this here.

food for thought.

The forum description does say...

so this should be allowed as long as it doesn't turn into a flamewar.

It currently doesn't look like it will, in any case.

we also have several mods in multiple threads strictly telling us not to post hentai here.

regardless of the nature of the subject, the same standard should be held for everything. if it clearly bothers other members like this does, be respectful and refrain. otherwise restrictions are pointless.

in a vain attempt to behave, i'm not going to post in here anymore either.

Please try to keep your discussion to the topic which is the video itself. You can look on the video and see some signs of politics in there but in fact, it is larger than that.

Let me tell you what I see in the video.

It will be worth mentioning that I am not American and yet I see the problem with this, I who only know Obama as "the president of the US", nothing more, I don't know anything else about the politics in the US or what parties there are, I don't even care about politics and government of my country because currently we don't even have one I think (it collapsed or something) xD

But the point of this video is not to point out any mistakes in politics, it is to point out mistakes in humanity and people on this whole planet.

Because this doesn't apply only to the US, this stuff can happen everywhere and it can be related to politics, it can be related to religion but it can also be related to internet cultures, games and visual novels, because it is the human mind that is being tested in the video.

It is the problem with humanity, that they tend to select a individual person who they believe in so much that they become the same mind as the person, losing all their personality. And it doesn't matter if it is the President, if it is the first man on the moon, if it is some actor or celebrity or some youtuber, or even if it is a moderator on forums. The outcome is the same, it is always bad to blindly support someone else's mind and opinions.

And you can see obvious examples of it even in Visual Novel and fan translation community.

How many times have you seen people just blindly follow someone's opinion on vndb, without actually knowing the facts.

Let me show you example of what this video represents if we take Fuwanovel into it:

Imagine if I go without Aaeru knowing (she can be away or something) and I start a topic petition that "We support Aaaeru making Fuwanovel a monthly paid website" and then I start talking about how good that would be for everyone. How many people, especially those that come mostly from the blog could I get to agree with it? Maybe there would be some.

And see how wrong it would be? What if Aaeru actually decided to do it, how many people would blindly agree to change the basic principle behind Fuwanovel, to undermine the foundation that Fuwanovel is based on - it being available for free to everyone in the world. Thats what the video is actually pointing - what if it was actually true, how many people would blindly agree.

Now this is a small community (relatively) and there already might rise some problems from thing like that. But this is already happening in much larger scale on the whole internet. Someone who has lot of viewers on youtube can start something and get full support for it without the people actually knowing what it is, just because their favorite youtuber is always right in this.

This comes to the fanboism and overall worshiping of a single person and it is terribly wrong thing to do, we are all originals and we are all unique people so why should we follow mind of someone? I already said that in different topic, you are encouraged and you should disagree, being able to disagree is one of the most powerful things you can do in your life. I don't simply follow Aaeru or anyone else to that matter and you shouldn't too. That's why we can have healthy conversation with people like sanahtlig with whom I disagree in most cases - yet the conversations are on good level and intelligent and even though we never reach agreement, we get lot of useful information from those discussions which both of use can use for their own.

Some might call it a bad trait, standing behind your words and not changing your mind, I do that a lot, if I believe in something, I believe in it and it is a prove I am human, if I just changed my opinion to what Aaeru things or some youtuber thigns or even some politician or even the President of the whole galaxy, I would lost part of what makes us human.

And this is what we should bring from this video, its not about politics, its about us, people and how to actually be people, not just robots. Look at how many times you did something that wasn't really for cause you believed in, how many times you simpli "liked" a video because you were told to like it, how many times did you upvote a greenlight game on steam because you were told to, without even knowing what the cause behind it is.

Can you say you haven't? Maybe not even I can, but I hell try to not do that, even when some of the VNs were on greenlight and posts here were "go and upvote now", I didn't do it as I didn't believe the cause, I formed my own opinion on that from which I based my decision.

Did you do the same or did you just blindly did what you were told? Now I am not saying you should have not upvoted, but having a thought about it is what's important, if you agreed with it because YOU agreed with it, then please do it.

But never do stuff without thinking, just because someone you are friends with or believe in tells you to. Because yes, lot of the times you might end up agreeing anyways, but what if there is one time you wouldn't agree and what if it then changes outcome for something you care about.

Btw just to give you an example of greenlight going wrong, look at YogVentures of how that game is called. I understand kickstarter, kickstarter is "would you like to see this game" and ofc, fans would like to see. So I didn't have anything against the KS itself.

But when it came to greenlight, the game wasn't even in a playable state, the game wasn't working and it is still not. And SO MANY people clicked "I would buy this game if it was on steam" - they couldn't possibly know if they would because they had no idea about the game as it just didn't exist. That is how this matter reflects into our lives as gamers and into the life on the internet.

And you might look at me as Scumbag Steve for not supporting some VNs on greenlight but the question there is clear, I wouldn't buy the game if it was on steam because I wouldn't even play it. I overall voted up a single game on greenlight, a single game I was supporting from the start, made the first video review of it and loved it so much and that as Unepic and only recently the game after years made it to steam.

Now again, this is no discussion about greenlight but the matter is close.

This applies to everything, please try to be human and try to have your own mind.

And remember, arguing and disagreeing is a sign that you are human so please, argue!

There is difference between argument and fall out (or flamewar is a knowo word for it), we as moderators should support healthy arguments and solve flamewars (luckily we don't have those).

*Facepalm*

An interesting parallel-story: In one of my evolution classes, my professor started making up science -- contradicting things we've learned and tested in person in labs, and seen for ourselves -- , but threw out big names like Watson, Crick, Dawkins, and a few professors from our University. Pretty much the whole class bought it. At the end of the lecture, I raised my hand and said, "Uh... I may have misunderstood you, but I don't think any of that was real. Were you joking" He started getting upset, had the class vote whether or not they believed him or me (most of the class went with him), and made a big scene. Then, without warning, he started laughing, and explained that it was all a joke, and that people need to stop believing things just because a name is attached to it (or because a professor is saying its true).

May not be exactly the same thing as the video (I'd imagine not all of the people there were swayed by the name "Obama", since some people just like signing petitions :)/>), but similar enough that it brought back some funny memories.

PS:

There is difference between argument and fall out (or flamewar is a knowo word for it), we as moderators should support healthy arguments and solve flamewars (luckily we don't have those).

Right on, steve. Discussion is always okay on Fuwanovel! The staff is here to make sure discussion stays respectful, but, please, discussion-away!

*Facepalm*

An interesting parallel-story: In one of my evolution classes, my professor started making up science -- contradicting things we've learned and tested in person in labs, and seen for ourselves -- , but threw out big names like Watson, Crick, Dawkins, and a few professors from our University. Pretty much the whole class bought it. At the end of the lecture, I raised my hand and said, "Uh... I may have misunderstood you, but I don't think any of that was real. Were you joking" He started getting upset, had the class vote whether or not they believed him or me (most of the class went with him), and made a big scene. Then, without warning, he started laughing, and explained that it was all a joke, and that people need to stop believing things just because a name is attached to it (or because a professor is saying its true).

May not be exactly the same thing as the video (I'd imagine not all of the people there were swayed by the name "Obama", since some people just like signing petitions :)/>/>/>), but similar enough that it brought back some funny memories.

PS:

Right on, steve. Discussion is always okay on Fuwanovel! The staff is here to make sure discussion stays respectful, but, please, discussion-away!

Haha, my English teacher does stuff like that all the time! He's really sarcastic and knows half the class are naïve enough to believe him.

For example, when we started studying the movie "The Truman Show", (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Truman_Show) people asked him if it was "Real", to which he responded with an "Of course" for SEVERAL DAYS. *Facepalm*