Necromancer

This manga serie is pretty old now but personally I find it really interesting to follow: http://myanimelist.net/manga/27679/Necromancer

Explaination in short version: the serie is about a young necromancer who do his own job... resurrect dead people. However, in order to bring a dead one back to life, the "customer" will have to pay an amount of his/her lifespan. But that's not all, the resurrected will be possessed by a demon spirit who amplify the strongest desire of the person brought back to life. Each demon spirit type represent the sin or feeling that it feeds on. With each story, each customer we will see deep inside the life, the desire, and the deepest dark part of human side.

Personal opinion: The story in this serie is quite dark and grim, though it's not something entirely new but it has really deep concept and idea behind. Unlike many other manga or anime series (games included) which has pretty simple resurrection concept: you are dead, a mage/priest use super rare spell "resurrection" and being you back to life, you live normally like nothing happened. But in here, resurrection comes with a price, the price is not only in term of customer's life but also in term of the dead one's personality and desire. Will being summoned back to life is good for the family? Hard to know, but one thing we can be sure: resurrected people are not the same anymore. Indeed, everything has its own price, and summoning a person back from the dead costs big price. So the question is: will you pay that price? And the deeper one: "What reason drives you to resurrect a person?

From my opinion, I will rate this one 8/10, interesting story, intruiging and somewhat disturbing concepts. The artwork may deceive readers, unlike its "cute" looking character, the real grim and disturbing story lies behind. If you are really afraid of the concept of demonology and catholic stuffs, I dun recommend reading this one. But for the other, it's worth a try.

Also, what interest me is that, I rarely see anyone discuss about this manga so I would like to bring it up :).