JAST is releasing Flowers in four hours

Decay

http://store.steampowered.com/app/452440/

Surprise! Although this time we had slightly more hype than what we've typically been getting, the suddenness still feels jarring. The game will unlock on Steam in approximately four hours from the time of this post, according to Steam's countdown timer. 

Many of you may remember the demo debacle from this spring. JAST seemed to have taken that criticism to heart and really spent a lot of time heavily retooling the translation. I've talked to @meru, the new main translator on the team dedicated to fixing the translation, and it sounds like a lot of work has been put into making it better. 

As for what Flowers actually is, check out this extensive review from Golden Sneer. https://goldensneer.wordpress.com/2014/05/25/flowers-le-volume-sur-printemps/

13 minutes ago, Rooke said:

They really like to spring these things on the community, don't they 0.0

I have every confidence they've fixed those issues also. They spent a lot of time, and got some good help on it. It's one of the few VNs I'm going to read :3

Here's @meru's statement in Sekai Project's Discord channel:

meru - Today at 10:57 AM
Okay so about Flowers
Firstly, I didn't retranslate the script. I worked off the original...that being said, I did make a lot of changes. There were some sections I found pretty much fine, and others that I reworked entirely
It's hard to say how much is exactly "my work"
But I definitely put as much into it as I could within the time!

meru - Today at 11:01 AM
I wuld say it was relatively aggressive...I was given pretty much free rein with it. But there were some bits that didn't need much doing, whereas others needed a lot, so it was kind of uneven...very strange actually, the difference in quality between different parts. I would probably have done more rewriting to make the English more "pretty" if I'd had more time, but as it is I think (hope) I fixed most things that would be classed as "problems" or "mistakes"

Okaaaaayyy, so Jast moved from announcing release dates years in advance to just a few hours now?! I know, you should learn from past mistakes, but aren't they overcompensating at bit now? :blink:

Not that I would complain, it's a title I'll surely buy. So it's great that it's finally getting released.

59 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

Okaaaaayyy, so Jast moved from announcing release dates years in advance to just a few hours now?! I know, you should learn from past mistakes, but aren't they overcompensating at bit now? :blink:

A pattern of sudden submissions is generally a symptom of inability to plan ahead.  It's the final stage of the disease of procrastination: failing to meet deadlines for so long that you don't set deadlines anymore for fear of failing to meet them.  I have firsthand experience.

1 hour ago, sanahtlig said:

A pattern of sudden submissions is generally a symptom of inability to plan ahead.  It's the final stage of the disease of procrastination: failing to meet deadlines for so long that you don't set deadlines anymore for fear of failing to meet them.  I have firsthand experience.

sounds like every time I set a deadline for a review for myself

or homework.... 

For what it's worth (which is not much), Peter teased it as "coming soon" at least twice in J-List's thrice-weekly mails over the last couple weeks, IIRC, and both Meru and Jast USA were tweeting about it coming out "very soon" about a week ago. If you had your ear to the ground, you had a little warning that this was coming, at least. But certainly nothing very official or a formal release date. I also saw something (maybe another tweet?) that implied they were going over the final build a couple days ago, and pushing it through Steam final approval just over the last day or two. So, my guess is they didn't offer a precise date because they didn't have any buffer - they were just shipping it as fast as they could, which as a strategy doesn't lend itself to a predictable release date announcement.

Not meaning the above by way of excuse, but by way of theoretical explanation. I agree with the general sentiment that this has been a pretty unprofessional release :sachi:

Another sudden release by JAST here I think, and now we'll had Flower - Spring Chapter for the translated yuri / shoujo aiVN. Good for anyone else who like it.

As for the premise, it was tell the story of how our MC Suoh who is very shy decided to come to all girl scholl in the deep of the forest. The school apparently had some sort of friendship system called 'Amitie' and Suo got 2 'Amitie' for her school life. And also Suoh will face some mystery, although it's not as bloody as either Cartagra or Kara no Shoujo. For the seiyuu, we got Kaori Nazuka who played our MC Suoh, Kawashima Rino (Although she using her real name Mizusawa Kei here though), and Sakura Ayane for notable one. This is the first series of planned Flower tetralogy here and it's take at spring section. I think I'll just waiting for all series to be translated (It'll takr long time here), although I may will play this though.

PS - About the Tweet which said 'very soon', maybe this time they managed to fulfill that. But if we talking about it in the past, it was some sort of joke that already becoming memetic here ie soon didn't mean it'll be released quickly or it could be in a long time before the release there.

At this point JAST actually said not to expect Sumaga this year. Or was that Django? Or both?

I really only expect Nympho Sensei Ryoko and maybe Sweet Home to release this year and that's it.

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

We have, but they don't work, (at least not mine). Sasuga :miyako:

I came across this on the JAST boards:

@dziwny The codes were sent out much earlier than expected (before the game was up on the site) it'll unlock now. but there is also a bug in that installer so please wait a little longer so we can fix the installer (we'll post an announcement on twitter and facebook when it's fixed.)

http://discuss.jastusa.com/discussion/comment/382820/#Comment_382820

Installer problems are not new to JAST.  Why does JAST keep stumbling on the same issues?