MAL not updating time?

Kendjin

So after trying to write a script to extrapolate the information from anime-planet, best I got was the ability to mine off the information into text, so I can use it as a guide to fill my MAL profile.

So this is gonna take a while, but I checked my profile.

Its not showing time viewing anime.

Because it's not updated in real time. Lately it's been very long to update, because they have shit tons of users in their database and I think they decided to slow down the quite a lot the time between profile updates to lower the strain on the servers. I think.

It's very long though (mine gets updated every few days, sometimes up to 1-2 weeks) so they might have issues.

I checked the forum but there wasn't a clear answer despite the dedicated topic.

So after trying to write a script to extrapolate the information from anime-planet, best I got was the ability to mine off the information into text, so I can use it as a guide to fill my MAL profile.

So this is gonna take a while, but I checked my profile.

Its not showing time viewing anime.

They were having issues as discussed here

Thats one of the reasons my list is no where near complete.

Mod gave update...

Stats are now updating again.

However, it is going to take some time to work through every user that has made list updates since the stats went down. Once your stats update, any new changes you make may also take some time to reflect.

Think of it like a cashier line at a grocery store. There is a huge line-up of customers and, speedy as the cashier is, he can only work through so many customers at a time. Once you've bought your groceries, if you want to purchase anything else, you need to go back into that huge queue. Luckily, not all customers will want to buy something new immediately, so the queue will eventually shorten to a number of customers that the cashier can handle.

This is why it could reasonably take upwards of a few days for stats to go back to updating as efficiently as they were before.

Your "Days Watched" and other stats are updated to reflect your list at the time the update takes place. Thus, you will not lose any contributions to your days or other statistics due to the stats being down. Please don't worry about that.

I'd also like to ask for users to only post if you have something new to add to the topic. Otherwise, I would like my post to remain at the end so users can see this update better.

Thank you for your patience.

Modified by Kineta, 06-08-13, 12:05 PM