Greetings from Germany

Shurui

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

I've been looking around here recently now and then. Though I'm pretty shy when it comes to introducing myself, I thought I might as well do it since it can't hurt right? So as you can already see, my name is Shurui, I am 18 Years old and I live in Germany. About 3 years ago I started watching Anime and though I watched some really crappy shit, after watching some that are considered "mainstream" or "best of the best" like Death Note, Code Geass, Clannad, Fate/Zero (you get the idea) I started to appreciate the medium pretty much as they were something that I've never seen in any other movie or show before. Then about 6 months ago, a friend of mine told me about these so called "Visual Novels" and I had no idea what that thing was. After searching around for the tag on steam, I found a rather interesting one called "Sound of Drop". Since it was a horror novel it got me interested so I read through it. After I got through it I wanted more of them as it was something completely new to me. So I asked my friend for his Top 5 Novels and he told me of some of the best ones like "Little Busters!", "Umineko", "Rewrite" and so on. I wanted more so I read through them and found myself in awe at how someone was even able to write these things. (I feel like I'm telling completely unnecessary things here, so sorry for that xD)

Anyway, you get the point, I love Visual Novels by now. Though I have read some of the most highly acclaimed ones like G-Senjou, Umineko, Rewrite and Little Busters my "to-do list" is not even finished, theres way more to go like Steins;Gate (currently reading), Grisaia, Muv-Luv and many others.

So with that being said, I'm looking forward to being here and wish you all of you a happy day.

PS: You could guess by my profile picture who my favorite character is :)
PPS: I'm sorry if I made a few grammar mistakes here and there as my english is not perfect since I'm german :vinty:

Welcome, and as far as Germany concerned here, our admin Nayleen was also Germany here. For your avatar, I would guess Senri Akane from Rewrite. I'm sure that you'll get more VN recommendation here, and if you need it just ask us here. And since you like Fate Zero, I would like to recommend the sequel Fate Stay Night (Although you may already knew though). Hope you had fun and enjoy yourself here.

PS - Seeing that you also watching euphoria OVA, may as well recommend the VN version of it (According to some people, the VN was better than the OVA here).

Welcome to the forum and have a good time here. The selection of great VN's is now much bigger than years ago, and more are coming. So you should be staffed with good stuff for a while.

I assume you already know the big Visual Novel publishers in the west: MangaGamer, Sekai Project, Jast USA and Frontwing.

Und Grüße aus dem Schwabenländle meinerseits. :rolleyes:

On 8/15/2016 at 10:44 PM, SCG_1037 said:

Hello , its nice to meet you , i hope you have a great time here.

Fake :vinty:

On 8/15/2016 at 10:44 PM, abrazilrep said:

weimer-pursell-keep-em-coming-and-coming

But really, welcome and all that! Have some good times.

Faker :sachi:

On 8/15/2016 at 10:37 PM, Shurui said:

Hey everyone, nice to meet you all.

I've been looking around here recently now and then. Though I'm pretty shy when it comes to introducing myself, I thought I might as well do it since it can't hurt right? So as you can already see, my name is Shurui, I am 18 Years old and I live in Germany. About 3 years ago I started watching Anime and though I watched some really crappy shit, after watching some that are considered "mainstream" or "best of the best" like Death Note, Code Geass, Clannad, Fate/Zero (you get the idea) I started to appreciate the medium pretty much as they were something that I've never seen in any other movie or show before. Then about 6 months ago, a friend of mine told me about these so called "Visual Novels" and I had no idea what that thing was. After searching around for the tag on steam, I found a rather interesting one called "Sound of Drop". Since it was a horror novel it got me interested so I read through it. After I got through it I wanted more of them as it was something completely new to me. So I asked my friend for his Top 5 Novels and he told me of some of the best ones like "Little Busters!", "Umineko", "Rewrite" and so on. I wanted more so I read through them and found myself in awe at how someone was even able to write these things. (I feel like I'm telling completely unnecessary things here, so sorry for that xD)

Anyway, you get the point, I love Visual Novels by now. Though I have read some of the most highly acclaimed ones like G-Senjou, Umineko, Rewrite and Little Busters my "to-do list" is not even finished, theres way more to go like Steins;Gate (currently reading), Grisaia, Muv-Luv and many others.

So with that being said, I'm looking forward to being here and wish you all of you a happy day.

PS: You could guess by my profile picture who my favorite character is :)
PPS: I'm sorry if I made a few grammar mistakes here and there as my english is not perfect since I'm german :vinty:

Fakest :conspiracy: