Fortune Arterial Translation project

The Last Melody

11 hours ago, Kirashi said:

Did you translate Erika routte from scratch or only the missing lines? will you only translate erika? I think haruna is missing as well in the actual patch

We plan on going over all the translation eventually, but we've only touched the untranslated text thus far. we plan on doing all three missing routes (Erika, Haruna, and True). Hopefully it won't take too long, though real life is a bitch.

We'd like to make the entire text of the game homogenous in terms of editing, but we'll probably focus on that stuff once we get out what's left to translate. I'm not very excited myself about doing that but I guess that it's something that had to be done eventually. Apart from that just like @Fraiziar said hopefully we don't take a shit ton of time to do this, but who knows. Right now I'm the only one translating because Fraiziar has real life shit to do, so yeah. It'll all depend on our time disposition and moods.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I haven't checked this at all since last year. I think at least it's still alive. How's it going? Glad to hear that you're giving it an overhaul; can't say I'm pleased with my past translation.

BTW, do you need more translators atm? I'm relatively free right now and would like to offer a help if you need it. My Japanese also has improved somewhat. Probably won't make any crappy translation like before.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
On 02/02/2019 at 7:14 AM, xxsaberxx said:

I guess this really is dead....again.....I'm wondering if this VN is cursed.

Honestly, for me, it was just that I discovered that it simply wasn't something I wanted to spend time on. After getting a bit further into it, I noticed that it simply wasn't something that I would enjoy. The summary and what I had heard of it gave me a way different impression, which consequently was not met.

TLDR;
I discovered why it's "cursed".

Well August VN usually is charage with very good setting, at least before Eustia (Or so that's what I'd hear). So if you want to stop, then feel free to do that and in that case then I just hope that someday we'll going to have Fortune Arterial picked up by another person and will be completely translated.

On 2/6/2019 at 5:26 PM, The Last Melody said:

Honestly, for me, it was just that I discovered that it simply wasn't something I wanted to spend time on. After getting a bit further into it, I noticed that it simply wasn't something that I would enjoy. The summary and what I had heard of it gave me a way different impression, which consequently was not met.

TLDR;
I discovered why it's "cursed".

Why is it cursed? We most likely won't get it anyway.

• 6 months later...

A little late to the show... 

But allow me to state, I'd gladly take over the project although, it will take some time to translate and since college is in session it'll take even longer. Nonetheless, I'm happy to say I was able to break the game down to its basic components in terms of cracking those pesky .arc files to edit the scripts. However, translating Japanese is beyond my skills, and we all know google translate is garbage... as such, I'm in need a of a translator to jumpstart the project.

Add me on discord or reply here

Edited by Kojima

• 1 month later...

Alternatively, consider the possibility that it is a title that makes people rush into working on it without having read it (leading to them finding out it's shit they don't actually care about) or knowing how hard it is to work on (leading to them dropping it due to fear of fucking up)

Or the tools are bad or whatever