Fortune Arterial Translation project

The Last Melody

I know. I have no excuses. =\

Eh, well if it's only TLC, I guess I can manage.

Do you currently have any means to extract the files? I recall Kingshriek's BGI script tools on TLwiki work. If not I'll look around for the ones I used in my old hard disk.

10 hours ago, Frank said:

I know. I have no excuses. =\

Eh, well if it's only TLC, I guess I can manage.

Do you currently have any means to extract the files? I recall Kingshriek's BGI script tools on TLwiki work. If not I'll look around for the ones I used in my old hard disk.

Well, the hacker disappeared after doing all the extraction work, but he didn't hand over the insertion tools :/
And someone else tried the TLWiki ones, and supposedly, there's issues with the reinsertion. Did you have reinsertion tools? Even thou, the format of the extracted scripts is probably different, so we may have to extract again, then move all the TLd stuff into the new files in the appropriate places and then attempt insertion.

EDIT:
Also, do you happen to have a Discord account?

• 4 weeks later...

Thank You Frank and The Last Melody for this translation project.

i m not even fluent in english, so sadly i cant do anything to help you two.

I sign up just to say my thank for this project. I m used to check frank's site "chuu.usiscon.com" almost everyday for years. well i cant open that site anymore now.

i m still waiting for this project to completed even it take years again.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Last Melody said:

It's still alive, going very slowly, translator has issues, of many sorts, I suspect...
I don't expect anything big to happen anytime soon, but hey, we can pray, eh? ^_^

Oh, thanks for this notification. I'll be rooting for this project and pray for it as well. I just want to ask. You'll only tackle the untranslated routes the previous translation project left, right? And will you be releasing partial patches in the future?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow, it's been such a long time. Last time I talked with Frank was when we were talking about how his Japanese language teacher was Thai which was, I don't know, 5 years ago? Haha. Glad to see you're doing fine.

As for the project, sadly I still can't read Japanese so I can't really help you guys, but, hey, I'm rooting for you guys. :)

Edited by Sylphritz

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Last Melody said:

Can ya hack?

I know how to use tools, but without the tools I can't do much. I thought you got the tools from Frank? or at least, he said he would send it to you in a previous post.

Although I can help with the hacking if given the insertion tools and such, I was asking if you needed help with the translation part of the project.

Edited by Fraiziar
clarification

6 hours ago, The Last Melody said:

Can ya hack?

Actually, upon further investigation I have been able to insert text into the game as well as extract the text, though through a very tedious process. also any remaining japanese text becomes garbled after I insert new text. I don't think the garbling will appear if the whole file is translated though.

w2ujuT6.jpg

Japanese text afterwards:

lc7W6VK.jpg

7 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

Looks like some kind of scripting error.  First, punctuation like that is obviously not normal.  But more than that, this line is not intelligible Japanese.  It's word salad.

I think it has to do with the insertion method I used, which might change the text encoding from UTF-8 to something else. It shouldn't be an issue if it's all put into english though. (at least I think)

20 hours ago, Fraiziar said:

I think it has to do with the insertion method I used, which might change the text encoding from UTF-8 to something else. It shouldn't be an issue if it's all put into english though. (at least I think)

Why would you even need to change it? What tools did you use thou?

On 1/10/2017 at 5:02 AM, The Last Melody said:

Why would you even need to change it? What tools did you use thou?

Idk why the tools I use change the encoding, maybe it's due to the programming language it was made in, or the fact it's going from japanese text which uses wide characters in unicode, to english which might use ANSI (which doesn't support double width characters).

basically the point is we probably won't be able to use japanese characters too easily if we are inserting things, but that isn't really an issue for translation.

I used AnimeED (http://wks.arai-kibou.ru/ae.php) to unpack the .arc files, which are archives. in Fortune Arterial, the script files are in data01000.

The script files are unreadable as they are, so I use The Decoder in https://github.com/xupefei/BGIKit to decode the .dat files.

then I modify them manually via notepad++

and use the Encoder again from the second link, then repack into a .arc fle again using the first link. I plan on building a program to encorporate all of this, but I'm a busy college student so I might not have time.

Edited by Fraiziar

26 minutes ago, The Last Melody said:

Sorry for the late answer. Someone died, been busy, and sad.

As it turns out, I had the tools stored on my email server, luckily, since my old HDD died.

However, dead HDD, means no TLd scripts, as it is 100% dead. Likely physical damage, judging from behaviour T_T

So does that mean you have absolutely nothing done on it? because if so I can help with getting started I suppose. Some time next weekend I'll have time to write a program to extract all the untranslated lines and such, and then we can put all the lines in a public googledoc spreadsheet. once we finish translating certain files I can try reinserting the files every one in a while to make sure there aren't any problems.

Also, if you don't plan on updating/keeping your site, I can post it all on my site that I use for my translations.

Edited by Fraiziar