Fortune Arterial Translation project

The Last Melody

Yeah. Translating Fortune Arterial from scratch where the previous project left off.

Website: http://honyakusho.rip (amateur stuff) Can't be arsed to maintain

About the game:
Hasekura Kouhei transfers into Shuchikan Academy, a prestigious public school in the style of an English six-year school encompassing junior-high and high school students. The school is on an island named Tamatsu Island off-shore from mainland Japan, and the only way to get there is by boat. Soon after transferring, he discovers that Sendou Erika, one of the students in the class next to his, is in fact a type of vampire.

EDIT:

On 25/11/2016 at 4:03 PM, The Last Melody said:

Before any talk of releasing patches, I need to figure out how they work, also, work is nearly stalled at this point, certain elements have found my ear, so I will place it on hold until I know more.

EDIT2:
I am pretty much out of this at this point. Fraiziar is now the guy you go to.

On 19/01/2017 at 4:46 AM, Fraiziar said:

https://sites.google.com/site/fraiziartranslations/fortune-arterial-translation

For those interested, I'm hosting the updates because I think it needs a dedicated site rather than just a forum post.

Also feel free to contact me via my discord if you want to help or just want to talk or something

https://discord.gg/G3naj6w

Edited by The Last Melody

5 minutes ago, Kiriririri said:

Is there any particular reason why you are translating the game from scratch?

The old translation is trash?

From what I've played of it (everything the partial patch covered), the old translation did not seem of particular lesser quality to other fan translations on the market. If it was badly translated, it certainly didn't cause much issue with me.

Well, the previous translation wasn't bad, but there's multiple reasons for doing it all over, one of them being translation coherency. Since, well, I may translate something differently than he did and not notice. And that's only one of the reasons.

EDIT:
The other reasons are more on my side, nothing really wrong with his TL.

8 minutes ago, The Last Melody said:

Well, the previous translation wasn't bad, but there's multiple reasons for doing it all over, one of them being translation coherency. Since, well, I may translate something differently than he did and not notice. And that's only one of the reasons.

EDIT:

I see. That is of course okay.

Just wanted to know what the reason is because it is possible to gain the scripts that contain 3/5 routes translated by simply contacting the old team.

32 minutes ago, The Last Melody said:

EDIT:

VN translation projects are a tremendous amount of work.  Take every break you can get.  I suggest using the old translation as a base, finishing the untranslated parts, THEN deciding if you still want to re-translate the older parts after that.  That strategy will increase the odds that the project will meet its most important goal: producing a full translation of the game.

You've been gifted with the opportunity to do a fraction of the work and still achieve a useful goal.  Most projects never get that opportunity.

I knew that this VN had translation project before finally stalled because the translator had some sort of health issue (Terminal sickness or not I didn't know though). Good luck with the project here and hope it'll be finished later. If you made some progress I'll definitely keep my eyes on this project here, and hopefully you could announce the staffs soon.

19 hours ago, The Last Melody said:

Only 30-50? I would expect closer to the 300-500s...

That would be the time it takes to play the VN, not translate it. A VN that you can translate in a few days would be very short indeed :)

Are you really planning to translate the whole game from scratch? If you ask Frank, maybe he'll share with you the missing % files. It will be shorter and more convenient that way, or worst case scenario, just the 2 routes?

Edit: If there is really something you would translate differently, you can still edit the old translation and release your patch once the full translation is done. 

Hello and nice to meet you. A friend of mine pointed me to this thread so I thought I'd drop by.

First of all, I'm still online regularly, but I haven't been checking any notifications, not even from my emails. I'm really sorry for not replying sooner.

I didn't actually do everything alone, maybe just translating 2-3 routes, and when the team was reduced to one man, it became so taxing that I stopped my hands before I knew it. I also would like to see this game 100% translated. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

I can provide you with the already translated files, but it will take quite some time for me to find. I suggest you just extract all the needed files from our latest patch.

9 hours ago, Frank said:

Hello and nice to meet you. A friend of mine pointed me to this thread so I thought I'd drop by.

First of all, I'm still online regularly, but I haven't been checking any notifications, not even from my emails. I'm really sorry for not replying sooner.

I didn't actually do everything alone, maybe just translating 2-3 routes, and when the team was reduced to one man, it became so taxing that I stopped my hands before I knew it. I also would like to see this game 100% translated. If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.

I can provide you with the already translated files, but it will take quite some time for me to find. I suggest you just extract all the needed files from our latest patch.

Hello there, Frank. Well, to be frank (no pun intended), I tried to contact you years ago, literal years. As for extracting the current files, the hacker disappeared on us and the rest of the internet :/ (I still have faith in his return)
How good are you in moonrunes? Would you be willing to TLC and handle questions about moonrunes from my noob ass?