2016 VN Announcements Poll

kyrt

2016 VN Announcement Poll Questions  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Company Announced the Game You Are Most Interested In?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other
  2. 2. Which Company Won 2016?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other
  3. 3. Which Company Had the Most Games You Are Interested In?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other
  4. 4. How Many VNs Announced in 2016 Do You Plan To Pick Up?

• 2-5
    • 6-10
    • 11+
  5. 5. Which Company Do You Believe Will Win 2017?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I think Mangagamer did the best when it comes to announcement, at least those are the ones that I'm most excited about. Like Maggot Baits, SukiSuki, Sorcery Jokers, HapyMaher and the rest are at least decent (except Rance, that's just my opinion though) 

Yeah, without Aksys, PQube, Frontwing and Visual Arts the poll doesn't really feel complete.

Most of my votes went to MG, though it has been a pretty exciting ride from almost everyone (well, maybe not JAST >_>). Let's just hope the industry won't fall over itself in the coming years.

On 8/15/2016 at 1:14 AM, ChaosRaven said:

Wish Jast would have given those two a better fight. :unsure:

It's hard to believe now, but when I started with VN's they were the top dog in the market. How could it come to such a development, that Jast more or less has no importance anymore as a VN publisher?!

Although I agree with your opinion here about JAST (Well, there's nothing interesting for their announcement), if I may give my opinion objectively here JAST was still using their usual old method while Mangagamer (And Sekai to some extend) far more aggressive to searching their new partner. While I don't say JAST method was bad, it's definitely out of time ie obsolete if they still using same business method from 2000's when they had much control in VN market. Although maybe it's their intention though for not licensing VN too much because I saw some post said that VN Translation was like more side business to JAST and main source of income would be J-List which selling stuff for otaku. Oh, and I also aware that back at 2008 JAST was a big player in VN localization, but then again at that time Mangagamer was just born and Hirameki goes down though. And one more thing, JAST was definitely taking their time too much for working at one VN.

Oh, by the way for this year announcement I planned to pick Dal Segno, Hapymaher, Rance VI, Sorcery Joker, Saku Saku, Island, and Baldr Sky here if some of you curious what I want to pick for now (I also interested with Sona-Nyl here).

I havent played a Rance game in like so freaking long so I am expecting Mangagamer to deliver that. And while I have played Maggot Baits already in Japanese, rereading a localized version is always a good thing as I can understand some parts that I had difficulties with since I am quite an average Japanese reader. 

So is Baldr 18+ confirmed yet? If not, then I don't really want it. 

On 8/14/2016 at 10:40 PM, Conjueror said:

Personally, I think that Baldr Sky is more impressive than all other announcements combined this year, but MG did have a pretty cool lineup saved for Otakon.

I'll agree with you if they release both an all ages and an 18+ version.

However, Mangagamer won this year for me after Otakon.