2016 VN Announcements Poll

kyrt

2016 VN Announcement Poll Questions  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which Company Announced the Game You Are Most Interested In?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other
  2. 2. Which Company Won 2016?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other
  3. 3. Which Company Had the Most Games You Are Interested In?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other
  4. 4. How Many VNs Announced in 2016 Do You Plan To Pick Up?

• 2-5
    • 6-10
    • 11+
  5. 5. Which Company Do You Believe Will Win 2017?

• Degica
    • JAST USA
    • Mangagamer
    • Sekai Project
    • Aksys
    • PQube
    • Frontwing
    • Visual Arts
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

There is one more convention left that both Sekai Project and Mangagamer are going to be going to. Anime Weekend Atlanta (September 29th-October 2nd) have them both listed as having a panel. Whether or not they will be announcing anything new at this time is unknown. I doubt either of them would be mentioning going to this if they did not plan on announcing something. That said Mangagamer, Jast, Sekai Project and even Degica (kind of) have announced a number of titles this year. I have a series of poll questions for anyone who would like to participate. You can discuss and debate in more detail below for why you picked what you did. 

Here's some refreshers to newly announced titles 2016.

Mangagamer 2016 Announcements: 

- Happymaher

- sorcery jokers

- A Kiss for Petals: New Generation

- Sona-nyl of the violet shadows

- Rance 5D

- Rance VI

- if you love me, then say so

- naked butlers

- fashioning little miss lonesome

- D.S. Dal Segno

- Maggot Baits

- House in Fate Morgana Prequel

- Funbag Fantasy

- Imouto Paradise 2

- Trinoline (I forgot this was announced)

Sekai Project 2016 Announcements: 

- A clockwork leyline: 

- Just Deserts (OELVN)

- Maitetsu

- Companion (OELVN)

- Still I Miss Her (OKLVN)

- 2236 A.D.

- Ne no kami 1 & 2 (note: had a kickstarter)

- love, guitars, & the Nashville Skyline

- creature romances (regular and for the ladies games) (note: surprisingly this is not an OELVN)

- shining star nova (OELVN)

- Japanese School Life (Sekai Project Original)

- Baldr Sky Dive 1 & 2

- Boku to Koisuru Ponkotsu Akuma (Denpasoft 18+ Only)

- SakuSaku (both all age and denpasoft version confirmed)

- Hoshizora no Memoria

- Sakura Dungeon (if raidy is a vn then I will count this as well)

- Karakara 

JAST USA 2016 Announcements:

Katahane An' Call Bell (the upcoming HD version with additional content)

Eiyuu Senki (releasing steam and 18+)

PrincessX  My Fiancee is a Monster Girl 

Sweet Home

Degica:

Kimi ga Nozumi Ein

(I may have missed something for one or more companies if so just let me know so I can fix it). 

pretty sure both that will attend anime-weekend atlanta are also going to announce some stuff there. from what i´ve got conjurer (+gare?) are planned on getting another project to work on, but which is still in negotiations licensing-wise, and there´s also arunaru, whom i cant see having his rance5d/6 translations of rance listed as the secret one, as they should have been almost, or completely done by now.
might only be my imagination, caused by psychopharmaka, but i´ve got the feels of the year not being done yet - goes for both more big publishers (might incl. jast, in case they can solve their staff-related shenanigans)

edit: almost forgot them rising frontwing conglomerate, having mentioned sth about there are news to come about (possibly) doing stuff for other jp-companies sometime soon-ish.

In regard of announcement, if we speaking objectively back at AX Sekai also bring some interesting announcement there (Of course Mangagamer still win though).

PS - You forgot about announcement about Island and other company here (Frontwing). Then I think you also better add Mikandi Japan for 'Libra the Vampire Princess' and Next Ninja for 'ChuSingura 46 + 1' (Although Next Ninja was quite bad at communication though).

Announcements were fairly even split between MangaGamer and Sekai Project for me. MG had the title I'm most interested in with Hapymaher but Sekai has one announcement more I'm interested in. So vote category 1. went to MG while 3. went to Sekai. I voted the rest for Sekai simply to balance out the field a bit lol. Though overall I think currently MG is in a more advantageous position since they don't have the problems with the adult releases Sekai is struggling with and they've started to go for some real top titles too.

Wish Jast would have given those two a better fight. :unsure:

It's hard to believe now, but when I started with VN's they were the top dog in the market. How could it come to such a development, that Jast more or less has no importance anymore as a VN publisher?!

40 minutes ago, kyrt said:

- Happymaher

Pun intended?! :sachi:

Sekai:

Badr Sky Dive 1 lost memory (all ages)

Baldr Sky Dive 2 Recordare (all ages)

2 sure purchases

Mangagamer:

Sona-Nyl of the violet shadow

House in fata Morgana -another episode-

2 sure purchases

Degica:

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

1 sure purchase

JAST:

Katahane

1 sure purchase

edit:

PQUBE:

Steins Gate 0

Root Letter

8 games I will purchase for sure (still whitin the 6-10 range...)

Guys there's no room for dabate , SP win everything with Badr Sky, no anouncement or amount or anouncements can compare.

Unless jast usa will suddenly came up with Muramasa by the end of the year, lol.

41 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Guys there's no room for dabate , SP win everything with Badr Sky, no anouncement or amount or anouncements can compare.

Unless jast usa will suddenly came up with Muramasa by the end of the year, lol.

It's almost as if people can have opinions that are different from your own! Crazy, right?

19 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

Hapymaher > every single Baldr game out there

Have you actually played either/both?

I think both MG and SP have announced some very interesting (or just plain ol' fun:makina:) titles, and my hype is pretty evenly divided between them. I think the only reason MG is 'winning' this poll is that their PR is better

For me it's something like this:

MangaGamer day 1 purchase: Hapymaher, SukiSuki, Imouto Paradise 2 and Sorcery jokers. Maybe tier: Sona-nyl and D.S. Dal Segno.

SekaiProject day 1 purchase: Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma., other titles depend if there is a 18+ release or not.

Degica day 1 purchase: Kimi ga Nozumi Ein.

And yeah I know my taste is strange/trash.

17 minutes ago, Asimmacovski said:

For me it's something like this:

MangaGamer day 1 purchase: Hapymaher, SukiSuki, Imouto Paradise 2 and Sorcery jokers. Maybe tier: Sona-nyl and D.S. Dal Segno.

SekaiProject day 1 purchase: Boku to Koi Suru Ponkotsu Akuma., other titles depend if there is a 18+ release or not.

Degica day 1 purchase: Kimi ga Nozumi Ein.

And yeah I know my taste is strange/trash.

Nope, I am interested in every title you listed except one.

44 minutes ago, Decay said:

Holding this poll before all of the announcements for the year are over is a little weird.

If the purpose was to collect actually useful information, the poll would measure interest in releases during the given time period, not announcements, and the metric would would be purchases, not just preliminary interest.

There's nothing wrong with measuring hype though. 

6 hours ago, Narcosis said:

Hapymaher > every single Baldr game out there

that is only true because sekai project is translating an incomplete game. but if they plan to release a complete version: 

Hapymaher <= every single Baldr game out there (because the fact that baldr is a game)

too bad i cant afford a credit card even tho my wage was increased by 1 dollar a day....

my hype is still DC3 just to see minatsu.

and yes my taste is also bad

Thus far Mangagamer all around.. if only because I'm a sucker for moeges, I'm a fan of Sonohana, and Hapymaher looks really interesting.

SP gets an honorable mention because of Hoshimemo being my favorite VN of all time for some inexplicable reason. Really, I don't understand it myself but I just loved it despite all of its flaws and definitely am planning on reading the official release.