Jump to content
Clephas

Hapymaher Discussion Thread (Mangagamer Licensed)

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, TheCrimsonFucker said:

Since this is the first time I hear about this game I'm curious why do people dislike the MC? (only if this can be answered whitout spoilers :D )

I just say some people though, which mean that it also true that people might find MC is likeable as well. Anyway while it's true that VNDB list him as proactive MC, he might come as emo and weak protagonist for some people while leave all the job to the girls, which make him as some sort of dependent MC even though he has a reason for that. So in sort he might not for everyone, but regardless of that I would say that it's up to you to find your own opinion about the MC (Tohru), and I'll do that likewise while keeping his weakness in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I just say some people though, which mean that it also true that people might find MC is likeable as well. Anyway while it's true that VNDB list him as proactive MC, he might come as emo and weak protagonist for some people while leave all the job to the girls, which make him as some sort of dependent MC even though he has a reason for that. So in sort he might not for everyone, but regardless of that I would say that it's up to you to find your own opinion about the MC (Tohru), and I'll do that likewise while keeping his weakness in mind.

Thanks, usually having these kind of weaknesses gives room for the character to grow so I don't mind unless the game constantly shoves it in my face :D But as you said, I will see if I like him when I play the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with this game coming out in the coming weeks I've got a question about it. From anyone who has read it or would know is the game depressing or sad? I've been a bit down recently so I'm not in the mood for something that'll make me sad but I hear good things about this VN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 1:25 PM, shadowolf64 said:

So with this game coming out in the coming weeks I've got a question about it. From anyone who has read it or would know is the game depressing or sad? I've been a bit down recently so I'm not in the mood for something that'll make me sad but I hear good things about this VN.

I wouldn't say that the game itself would be quite depressing or sad because all of the ending is a normal one. That said, the atmosphere of Hapymaher itself is quite gloomy from what I saw at the review and the opening, especially in regard of the MC who lost his sister years ago. Of course the VN itself did have some of lighthearted moment as well, so I would say that it would be the best to check it first when this VN released and from there it's up to you whether you'll play this or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2018 at 11:47 AM, TheCrimsonFucker said:

Thanks, usually having these kind of weaknesses gives room for the character to grow so I don't mind unless the game constantly shoves it in my face :D But as you said, I will see if I like him when I play the game

The problem is often that the MC only shows growth at the very very end, meaning you have to suffer through that shitty personality for 30-70 hours (depending how fast you read)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Don't worry nothing will happen in the story before chapter 8

I'm beginning to think that this is not your absolute favorite VN, am I right?   ;-)

Is there anything redeeming about it, in your opinion?  I mean, like - after the first 30 hours I guess.   

 

Thanks.

Edited by aprilia1k

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Keep maia route for Last and Alice 2nd last. 

and take this advice seriously unless you want to spoil yourself heavily

I would recommend following this route order.

Saki >Yayoi > Keiko > Alice > Maia

 

Edited by Wildbreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maia route is, strictly speaking, a bad/sad ending.  This is self-evident, though, even just based on the prologue.

Alice's route is generally best left to last, but I don't have a recommendation of which of the other heroines to do first.  Personally, I tend to go after Keiko first, because I like her personality (that and she is surprisingly sexy), followed by Yayoi and Saki (one or the other, based on my mood). 

Hapymaher is the type of game you just sit back and experience, not the type you plow through at speed.  Its style is probably unsatisfying for moe-only specialists, though.  The atmosphere is a bit too depressing, too often for people of that type. 

Of course, on follow-up playthroughs, I generally found the Christmas arc to be something of a headache (once you've experienced it once, it loses what little appeal it has).  I mostly play this game for the feels and the music, though I also love Maia (a given for anyone who likes this game in general).  Her sadistic giggles and mocking speech patterns are a fond memory for me, even five years later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just played 2 chapters, so far so good

 

For once MC's friend is not a loser and is already in a relationship? Thats a first i think lol

 

But as Clephas says above, there is a sense of 'dread' in every chapter, not a typical happy moege

 

Edit: Also an observation, Saki's VA isnt that Kazuki's one too? Since the start of the VN its been nagging me i heard that tone of voice somewhere lol

Edited by Freestyle80

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

Edit: Also an observation, Saki's VA isnt that Kazuki's one too? Since the start of the VN its been nagging me i heard that tone of voice somewhere lol

That's right. Wanko from Majikoi too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The talk about seiyuu is always interesting to me, so let me elaborate a bit about that. As for Saki's seiyuu (Tomonaga Akane), yeah she was voiced both of Wanko from Majikoi franchise and Kazuki from Grisaia franchise. Other roles to note that she was also voiced Nozomi from Seinarukana and Moribe Jun from Root Double, and one other interesting character that she was voiced is Inubushi Keiko from Remember11 who is have DID and infamously well known as serial murderer iirc.

Other than Tomonaga Akane here, we also have Sakurai Harumi who is voicing Yayoi here. Her role in other VNs is Haruka from Beat Blade Haruka, Saya from Little Busters, Akari from Noble Works, and Maya from HatsuKoi (Take note though that most of her roles in translated VNs did have yellow hair). For Aoba Ringo aka Ringorin here who voiced Keiko, well I saw one review who hope that she was using her Narika's (From Beat Blade Haruka as well) only to have Keiko here is almost emotionless. As for Ringorin roles itselves, she was Maya at Noble Works, Kanade (And possibly Chika) at Deardrops, and Riku at Sorcery Jokers.

As for Alice's voice, her voice was resembled Riche from Evenicle because both of Alice and Riche were voiced by Ryouko Ono. Speaking about Ryouko Ono, her other roles were Sena from Noble Works (Guess we have reunion of Noble Works casts here even though it's just three), Amane from Konosora, Kaede from Sonohana franchise, and Misaki from Chrono Clock in which mod Clephas did mention some resemblances between her and Alice. Lastly we also have Toono Soyogi, in which she was quite twisted when she was voiced Maia compared to her soft tone voice like back when she voiced Sakurako at Flyable Heart. She was also voiced both of Kotonoha from School Days and Ritsuko from Evangile in which both of them were coincidentally have long black hair, and if you Da Capo fan you surely know that Soyogi here was voiced Anzu at the second game.

Well that's all for what I can say in regard of Hapymaher seiyuu, and hopefully it'll help you if you interested with the seiyuu.

Edited by littleshogun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just finished binging hapymaher and tried to sate my curiosity for the contents of the fan disc, but i couldn't find a single thing. could someone possibly me DM/spoiler post what routes are in it and the general story of it? i enjoyed the read too much to wait for the next translation, so the more in depth spoilers the better!! :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zealous5000 said:

just finished binging hapymaher and tried to sate my curiosity for the contents of the fan disc, but i couldn't find a single thing. could someone possibly me DM/spoiler post what routes are in it and the general story of it? i enjoyed the read too much to wait for the next translation, so the more in depth spoilers the better!! :o

There is a lot to say... but I guess I'll just hit the important parts:

Spoiler

First, the FD occurs in a dream that comes into existence after Tohru meets Keiko and Yuuko in his 'real life'.  In this dream, the fragments of his experiences in the long, long dream that was Hapymaher, including his experiences as the lover of the various girls, are given continuations or elaborations.  This is mostly presented in disconnected 'dream shards', where his psyche morphs to match the 'him' that loves the girl the shard is related to.  There is a central story (based off of  the Arisu/Yuuko plot), and it is emotional (just like the original game).  However, I'm not going to spoil it for you.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/7/2018 at 3:34 PM, Wildbreed said:

Just Keep maia route for Last and Alice 2nd last. 

and take this advice seriously unless you want to spoil yourself heavily

I would recommend following this route order.

 

  Hide contents

Saki >Yayoi > Keiko > Alice > Maia

 

Apart of Alice and Maia, you can choose the order you want??

On 15/7/2018 at 9:28 AM, Clephas said:

Maia route is, strictly speaking, a bad/sad ending.  This is self-evident, though, even just based on the prologue.

Alice's route is generally best left to last, but I don't have a recommendation of which of the other heroines to do first.  Personally, I tend to go after Keiko first, because I like her personality (that and she is surprisingly sexy), followed by Yayoi and Saki (one or the other, based on my mood). 

Hapymaher is the type of game you just sit back and experience, not the type you plow through at speed.  Its style is probably unsatisfying for moe-only specialists, though.  The atmosphere is a bit too depressing, too often for people of that type. 

Of course, on follow-up playthroughs, I generally found the Christmas arc to be something of a headache (once you've experienced it once, it loses what little appeal it has).  I mostly play this game for the feels and the music, though I also love Maia (a given for anyone who likes this game in general).  Her sadistic giggles and mocking speech patterns are a fond memory for me, even five years later.

So Maia route is recommended keep for last ?  And it isn't a happy end ??  This will let me a bitter sensation after finish the VN, right ?

PS: Have you got the walkthrough for the VN, guys ?

Edited by CreedH00d
Changes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CreedH00d said:

Apart of Alice and Maia, you can choose the order you want??

So Maia route is recommended keep for last ?  And it isn't a happy end ??  This will let me a bitter sensation after finish the VN, right ?

 

Yes, you can pick any order you want other than those two.

I recommend playing Maia's route before Alice's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Freestyle80 said:

so i'm 8 chapters in and i think i've finally entered a route?

  Reveal hidden contents

had the hot spring scene with Yayoi 

 


Thats a long-ass common route though, it was a fun read though sometimes the transitions get really confusing 

What do you think about the translation, by the way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×