VN4ALL

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which plattform, besides iOS, shall get released with the BETA of VN4ALL?

• Android
    • Windows Phone OS
    • Windows RT
    • WebOS
    • BlackBerry OS

This poll is closed to new votes

VN4ALL is a Visual Novel Interpreter/Engine created by lolgc (worker @Tsuuun iOS Translation Blog).

VN4ALL enables you to play your Visual Novels anywhere and anytime you want by supporting all mayor devices running iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry OS....and even the Smart TV series by Samsung.

Being based on the VNDS syntax, VN4ALL is already compatible with famous novels, like Fate/Stay Night & Clannad.

Converting a novel is a very slow process. To keep the process as fast and easy for beginners as possible, VN4ALL comes with an WYSIWYG Editor (available on Windows, Mac OSX & Linux)

VNDS is well known for its easy syntax - but also it's high restrictions (no video support, multilayer, etc.)

Therefore the Editor & the Application itself comes with a build-in "plug-in system", allowing you to expand the engine in its function with a JavaScript-like scripting language to support your novel.

Beginners, who aren't familiar with coding, can have a look in the "Plug-in Browser", where experienced devs can share their plugins to help others.

The "Plug-in Browser" will be divided into categories, like functions, animations, etc. & also feature a rating system to make it easy for you to find the plugins you need.

If you like to you can mark your script files as "oft" or "open for translation" to allow others translate the text into other languages.

VN4ALL is still in a very early state.

Things may change during time, but all in all, the text should show you a good overview of the projects aim (to bring VN on nearly all imaginable devices), and what will await you soon.

If you want to know more about the project, you can of cause ask anything in this thread or follow me on Twitter to gain fastest access to news. If you like to, you can also always have a look on Ant08's Blog, where I'm having a look at nearly everyday.

[note: 1.Aug.: my tweets are now on "@IVNTP" and are public!]

LOLGC

UNDER HUGE RECONSTRUCTION!...

Sounds like an interesting idea. Do you feel it's obtainable? I think I'd be interested in something like this.

I find with my iOS device that I don't really have access to the same resources as other os options.

Something like this is rather interesting.

Do you feel it's obtainable? >> You mean if its possible?

The answer is: Yes.

VN4ALL is more than an idea. But still in early dev. state. For e.g. the WYSIWYG Editor hasn't really started. The VNDS syntax has been reimplented one week ago, after I rewrote the graphics core - but still some are missing.

Sound is iOS 6 only at the moment, which is very bad & I simply don't want to leave it like that :3

Ill post some pictures in the evening.

Well I was wondering about how you planned the "4ALL" part.>>

Plugins are separated into sections: Animations; Graphics; Audio;...;core-extensions.

While all plugins can be run on all devices, core-extensions run only on one specific device (most of you won't use core-plugins), because they use native code.

To fit with the whole Apple theme, why not call it iVN...?>>

Because its crossplattform, and not iOS only :3

Ok, there are 3 possible answers to your questions:

- All VNDS Games are supported -> you can translate them inside the editor (about importing a VNDS Novel, I'll post tomorrow)

- I thought of giving VN4ALL access to online translation services, long before I presented it here. (Maybe also a cooperation with Visual Novel Reader...)

- No! You can't import a Visual Novel like Chaos;Head Noah for Android inside VN4ALL Editor directly.

There are many reasons for this:

First is, that many VNs on iOS and Android are encrypted. VN4ALL is an engine - so decryption has to be done by you (although Crass will be included). Another problem is, that there are many different Engines out there - so Vanilla VN4ALL can't read it.

The only thing would be, if you don't want to write it entirely from scratch using VN4ALL Vanilla Syntax, you could try and write a plugin for the syntax of the Visual Novel you want to translate & share the plugin with others. (On how plugins work - ill post tomorrow aswell)

I hope that this could answer your questions,

Lolgc

---

Rewrote the start post (28/07/13)

Edited by lolgc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

That's nice to hear :)

Unfortunately VN4ALL is a hybrid app.

The PSP SDK uses C (C# too) - no JavaScript is supported natively.

JavaScriot is used for the plugins inside VN4ALL.

My aim is to come from hybrid to native in r2.0.

I used to have an iOS Native "C"- but then I decided to publish the app for other OS, too.

So I had to switch to JavaScript.

Natives are better in performance: So even the 330mhz of the PSP might be sufficient :)

But first I need to solve some problems with android.

If you want to know more about the projects status you can have a look at my twitter account.

Lolgc

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any news on this thread?

VN4ALL is probably been postponed for now.

VN4ALL on Windows Phone would be 2 thumbs up from me.

If you guys ever get a chance to plot it, VN4ALL could have the abilty to access the VNs from the phone's sd cards.

VN4ALL is probably been postponed for now.

VN4ALL on Windows Phone would be 2 thumbs up from me.

If you guys ever get a chance to plot it, VN4ALL could have the abilty to access the VNs from the phone's sd cards.

Yes, thats true, as I'm currently focussing on Steins;Gate/Chaos;Head & Machi/428

• 2 weeks later...

i could see some visual novels being played on tablets as long as they can keep up with the demands of the novel(power, momory, speed, etc) and are big enough like some are and these tablets could be sent to bigger screens like your tv or a bigger monitor.  But to play them on a phone(iphone, blackberry ,windows, etc)?  to have them that small would, especially the pictures and animation, make little sense.  even if you have the resolution and power and ram and all that on the phone it seems too small to enjoy.  no offense to those who want it ported to the phones but it is not a simple small game.