Rewrite

Anonalypse

I felt similarly. Chihaya's route could be pretty dumb, but it was really fun to read. The only one of the character routes I think I liked more was Lucia's. She was really adorable... that one in particular felt really disconnected from the main plot, and you could tell that the writer was doing their own thing, but I think it worked.

Man am I the only one that liked Kotori?  I love her personality.  Plus her route was the best with a nice plot twist and imo had the most emotion.

I know people wouldn't agree with me here, but I thought Lucia route was the worst.  I might be biased also because I don't like what they did with her character.  Just found it too unrealistic to just forgive her after she killed thousands of innocent people and attempted to kill the protagonist.  I mean how can you just be owells about all that.

5 hours ago, sevencamelot said:

Man am I the only one that liked Kotori?  I love her personality.  Plus her route was the best with a nice plot twist and imo had the most emotion.

I know people wouldn't agree with me here, but I thought Lucia route was the worst.  I might be biased also because I don't like what they did with her character.  Just found it too unrealistic to just forgive her after she killed thousands of innocent people and attempted to kill the protagonist.  I mean how can you just be owells about all that.

I thought Kotori's route was the saddest, probably my second favorite route. She's also my favorite heroine.

6 hours ago, sevencamelot said:

I did really like Kotori in the common route, she was probably my favorite character. But her route didn't impress me much for some reason, maybe it's because it was kind of like the introduction to the whole conflict between Gaia and Guardian.

And I do agree forgiving Lucia for that is kind of ridiculous, but it still didn't ruin the route for me.

2 hours ago, Bastian77 said:

I must say I was a Gaia fanboy.

I liked both Chihaya and Akane as characters and my favorite route would have to be Akane's route. 

Or I guess if you count the Moon and Terra, then it would have to be Moon. 

Reveal hidden contents

I mean this opening basically sums up the epicness of the Moon route.

Completed Moon route yesterday, and I'm so confused. It's my least favorite route, but it's still good. For one, when did Kotarou get revival powers? And my second question how did he summon the occult club members... he practically created them like familiars, and he isn't a good summoner. :/ Sakuya HB was great though, but Sakuya is still better!

17 hours ago, sevencamelot said:

Kotori's route had to be my second favourite route. The sense of hopelessness really struck me hard. 

I can see where you're coming from regarding Lucia's route, but personally, I think the VN presented it in a way such that it looks more like the fault of the scientist's fault rather than hers. That probably caused me to mentally shift the blame to the scientists, and this it didn't really hinder my overall enjoyment of the route. 

I've never played Harvest Fiesta, so i have a few questions concerning the series of events that lead to the regular routes:

Spoiler

1. Kotarou got more muscular during Guardian's training, so much so that people confused him with a athlete during a mission in the city. Did the time he spent in the hospital deteriorate his body that badly that he started looking like a middle-schooler when he's supposed to be a young adult?

2. Did Kotarou lose his memory due to Kagari's attack to his head or to Gaia's mindwipe, as implied in Kotori's route?

• 2 weeks later...

I like Senri Akane best, but not her route. After reading rewrite, i think that each route has a different good point.

Kotori: a gloomy atmosphere, i really like Yoshino in this route, a love triangle

Chihaya: i must say that this route is the worst, just use to explain about kotarou's power

Lucia: a horror route, I like Ryuukishi07's style of trying deny the mystery but fail, and try to deny it again and then find out the truth. Bit the viewpoint is not good, especially when Lucia is alone, why did she need to scare of the truth that she had already known, she didn't need to pretend, like with the paper things, she was the one who wrote it, but she talked like she was really surprised when she was alone in the room, why she had to pretend?

Shizuru: i love this ending, sad but also happy.

Akane: just the action and Akane is good.

Moon: i think this route was written based on Ryuukishi07 concept and theory. The things about multiverse, life's theory,... brought a new wind to the game.

Terra: love this route, about kotarou's past, the explanation and reasons behind five heroines' routes. But Kagari was too bossy, how could Kotarou loved her?

1 hour ago, absolutedeath said:

Lucia: a horror route, I like Ryuukishi07's style of trying deny the mystery but fail, and try to deny it again and then find out the truth. Bit the viewpoint is not good, especially when Lucia is alone, why did she need to scare of the truth that she had already known, she didn't need to pretend, like with the paper things, she was the one who wrote it, but she talked like she was really surprised when she was alone in the room, why she had to pretend?

Terra: love this route, about kotarou's past, the explanation and reasons behind five heroines' routes. But Kagari was too bossy, how could Kotarou loved her?

Lucia: that didn't make sense to me either. It's like the writer started going in one direction, changed it later down the line and forgot to edit the finished parts.

Spoiler

Terra: at the end of the route, in Kotarou's monologue he asks himself why does he yearn for Kagari when she's not even his type - the answer is given a couple of lines later, that being the events of Moon - I suppose him gunning for Kagari and doing everything else without making a mistake was the "only possibility".

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for posting on old threat, but i just started playing this recently. Went for lucia's route first, it was really good at the first half, interesting scary horror and mistery story, but when it turned out to be

SPOILER######################################### ######saving the world crap############################################SPOILER

i was really dissapointed. Is this going to be the same with the rest of the route

2 hours ago, black-cat said:

i was really dissapointed. Is this going to be the same with the rest of the route

Not... really? It's difficult to explain without spoiling, but Lucia's route is very different from most of the other routes as it has way more romance and it feels like it focuses more on her personal complexes rather than what's happening around them. 

2 hours ago, black-cat said:

Sorry im on mobile, and i cant seems to find it :wafuu:

The spoiler tag is the tag with the eye :sachi: 

6 hours ago, black-cat said:

Sorry for posting on old threat, but i just started playing this recently. Went for lucia's route first, it was really good at the first half, interesting scary horror and mistery story, but when it turned out to be

SPOILER######################################### ######saving the world crap############################################SPOILER

I went for Lucia in the first place, and it made me stop playing the game for quite some time.

I don't want to be too harsh but I didn't really like it in the end. But in truth, I did like some aspects of it, particularly the SoL (parfait wolfing and whatnot) and second the horror/mistery.

I think there are just too many things packed in Lucia's route, and the result is a dire disharmony.

Good thing is that it's really a sneak peek into Rewrite's true nature (I think every route is, but I've only finished Lucia's). And said nature isn't bad per se... but I, as an adult, would prefer it addressed in a more serious, realistic way. It's astonishing the level of seriousness Evangelion attained in 1995 and that in over 20 years nothing like that has been done.

6 hours ago, Limerence_ said:

Not... really? It's difficult to explain without spoiling, but Lucia's route is very different from most of the other routes as it has way more romance and it feels like it focuses more on her personal complexes rather than what's happening around them. 

The spoiler tag is the tag with the eye :sachi: 

yeah, after the (WARNING LUCIA ROUTE SPOILER BELOW!!)

Spoiler

chapel part everything when shit in my opinion. suddenly after the good asahi haruko's mistery that scared the shit out of me, it suddenly become some secret organization preventing destruction of the world bullshit.

i was really speechless. i honestly prefer this VN to be normal highscool mystery without involving the whole world. now that i know what chizuru and chihaya's route will be like. is that everything this visual novel is about (check spoiler below)?

WARNING! HEAVY SPOILER!!!!

Spoiler

some highschool kid with superpower preventing the destruction of the world?

It's more like

we humans are egotistic bastards who are destroying the world with our faggotry [popular belief caught by Key], so God/Planet Earth/Universe sends a messenger of doom (or maybe salvation) and we humans, again as the stupid fucks we are, just split between the ones who want to mend our ways and the ones who want to stay as we are. Drama ensues. CLAMP's X/1999 blatant ripoff, anyone?

Note: I do stand for the human race and its interests and motivations, so I just can't buy this whole hippy crap.

3 hours ago, Okarin said:

I went for Lucia in the first place, and it made me stop playing the game for quite some time.

I don't want to be too harsh but I didn't really like it in the end. But in truth, I did like some aspects of it, particularly the SoL (parfait wolfing and whatnot) and second the horror/mistery.

I think there are just too many things packed in Lucia's route, and the result is a dire disharmony.

Good thing is that it's really a sneak peek into Rewrite's true nature (I think every route is, but I've only finished Lucia's). And said nature isn't bad per se... but I, as an adult, would prefer it addressed in a more serious, realistic way. It's astonishing the level of seriousness Evangelion attained in 1995 and that in over 20 years nothing like that has been done.

Me too, after

Spoiler

chapel part when they reveal those secret organization protecting the world.

i really lost interest. i half assedly finish it. i will try kotori's route now.

1 minute ago, black-cat said:

i honestly prefer this VN to be normal highscool mystery without involving the whole world.

Most of the other routes won't be like that though. Lucia's route was really unique and different from most of the routes as they tried to combine many genres of story-telling. 

Spoiler

I can't really remember that much since I read it last year, but most of the plot has to do with Kotarou and main girl dealing with their organisation and how they face the threat of the end of the world and how they deal with the opposing organisations. Maybe except Kotori's route, which I really enjoyed.