Looking for next vn

N7Reny

Sorry, since it's quite a weird VN, but Umineko No Naku Koro Ni is an amazing although insanely long VN. It's about a rich family that is gathering on a family mansion on an island, but is stranded there for two days due to a typhoon- it starts off as murder mystery and goes insane, wonderful, beautiful places.

The Majikoi series. It's a lighthearted VN that focuses on romance. It tells the story of a guy who has no powers or fighting skills (different from the heroines) but is extremely intelligent and how he gets his love. Good for having those daydreams about what would happen if you had a gf. It's long so, you should try if you have enough time in your hands.

Since you have no parameters or particular likes I'll give you some of my favorites :

Phew, I could keep going but I think these will suffice for the time being, tried to keep it varied so you'd have where to choose from.

Hope you enjoy them if you end up picking any of these and good luck walking your first steps into the visual novel scene.

Edit: Forgot about it earlier but for further reference and recommendations I suggest you take a look at @Kaguya's list

It's a really well made list and has helped me find a lot of great visual novels.

What did you like about Saya, specifically? If you elaborate, then it's much easier to recommend something with a similar tone and feel. The house in Fata Morgana is really good, so you should definitely read that. It's dark, the art and music is beautiful, and the story is tightly knit and cathartic. Umineko is also a really good choice. Again, fantastic music, and the characters were all really likeable and human. It also had many really interesting plot points. Kikukogai was a really short action VN by the same writer that can keep you entertained the whole way through, and felt similar to Saya in a lot of ways (more action, tho). Swan Song is a decently long utsuge that makes statements on human nature. If you're looking for something less "out there" than Saya, I would say that Fata Morgana is the tamest, but Umineko also works. All of these are quite dark, so I'm not sure I'd recommend reading them back to back, haha.

Instead of mod Kaguya list here, I'll recommended OP here to see the video below. Sorry for late promise here because I want to embedded the video earlier. Hope it'll help.

Note that the VN on the video was general recommendation, so you should find which one you'll want to play here (Except Saya no Uta because you already played that). Oh, other than Aiyoku no Eustia and Dracu Riot all of the VNs was already translated. Although almost all of the VN in the video was already recommended above.

As for the recommendation that was not in the video, I could recommended Root Double, Yoake, Seinarukana, and Konosora there (For Konosora, just patching Japanese version instead of trying using Steam version and patch the restoration patch here). Although those VN was maybe quite lighthearted compared to your taste though. For last word, hope my recommendations here will helpful to you.

7 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

Since you have no parameters or particular likes I'll give you some of my favorites :

Phew, I could keep going but I think these will suffice for the time being, tried to keep it varied so you'd have where to choose from.

Hope you enjoy them if you end up picking any of these and good luck walking your first steps into the visual novel scene.

Edit: Forgot about it earlier but for further reference and recommendations I suggest you take a look at @Kaguya's list

It's a really well made list and has helped me find a lot of great visual novels.

DID YOU JUST RECOMMEND EUPHORIA TO A BEGINNER