A new servant appears

B. Ronoue

Greetings, people of the forum!

Lurker here (for a while), but as usual, I register if I think I'll like it. So make of that decision what you will ^_^

I have been involved in two VN related projects (both games made with a friend, in Unity). I don't have skills in computer artwork but we both did the writing and I most of the programming. Other than my Unity endeavours as of yet, I contribute to Firefox and other FOSS projects I care about or think are cool. All in all, I guess you could say I'm a free/libre software sort of person when it comes to computing.

My main motivations for joining are to discuss some of my favourite games and anime. Anxiously awaiting the new Danganronpa V3 game, but until then, the new anime has entertained me pretty good so farĀ :upupu:

Thanks for reading and talk to you later!

If we only consider pure visual novels (whatever that means), the unsurprising answer given that you recognise my profile pic, will be Umineko. Don't make me choose between no Naku Koro ni and Chiru though. If we also consider visual novels with gameplay, I obviously like Danganronpa (might prefer the first game to the second by a hairs width) but also Corpse Party. Also getting into Persona 4 Golden atm. in preparation for Persona 5.

Quite a bit about me... what are your likings in VNs?

1 minute ago, B. Ronoue said:

If we only consider pure visual novels (whatever that means), the unsurprising answer given that you recognise my profile pic, will be Umineko. Don't make me choose between no Naku Koro ni and Chiru though. If we also consider visual novels with gameplay, I obviously like Danganronpa (might prefer the first game to the second by a hairs width) but also Corpse Party. Also getting into Persona 4 Golden atm. in preparation for Persona 5.

Quite a bit about me... what are your likings in VNs?

Well, I certainly like VN's with a lighthearted atmosphere and moeges a lot, those generic highschool scenarios with slice of life scenes are certainly one of my favourite types of VN (I'll highlight "ToHeart2" as an example). But my favourite visual novel is definitely Kara no Shoujo, although the entirety of the cartagra series is a masterpiece as well, you should definitely try those, but they have a darker theme, way darker. Anyways, yeah, my tastes differ a lot in that sense.

14 minutes ago, Aizen-Sama said:

Well, I certainly like VN's with a lighthearted atmosphere and moeges a lot, those generic highschool scenarios with slice of life scenes are certainly one of my favourite types of VN (I'll highlight "ToHeart2" as an example). But my favourite visual novel is definitely Kara no Shoujo, although the entirety of the cartagra series is a masterpiece as well, you should definitely try those, but they have a darker theme, way darker. Anyways, yeah, my tastes differ a lot in that sense.

I appreciate the recommendations, I will definitely consider those with a darker theme as they have been my preference so far. But hey, who knows, I might find one of those light hearted VNs like you described to make me fancy them.

4 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

Welcome to our humble abode! I really like Umineko and Danganronpa myself, we'll get along.Ā 

Ā 

Have you played any of the Zero Escape VNs? They're similar to Danganronpa in plot, though I think they're actually better.

Here, have an OST:

Ā 

I've heard good things about that series indeed. Haven't played any of it though. Reason being that the first game is not available on Vita and even if I had an iOS device, I heard that's its a stripped down version that might not be worth getting. What's your opinion on playing Virtue's Last Reward (available on Vita, yay :D) without playing the first game?

Just now, B. Ronoue said:

I've heard good things about that series indeed. Haven't played any of it though. Reason being that the first game is not available on Vita and even if I had an iOS device, I heard that's its a stripped down version that might not be worth getting. What's your opinion on playing Virtue's Last Reward (available on Vita, yay :D) without playing the first game?

999 is getting a remaster, which was heavily implied to be heading to Vita. What makes VLR my favorite gameĀ andĀ VN is how you slowly start to understand how it is connected to 999, so I'd say stay the everliving fuck away from VLR before playing 999. VLR's sequel Zero Time Dilemma is an incredibly disappointing piece of shit you'd be better of waiting a sale for.

2 minutes ago, Funyarinpa said:

999 is getting a remaster, which was heavily implied to be heading to Vita. What makes VLR my favorite gameĀ andĀ VN is how you slowly start to understand how it is connected to 999, so I'd say stay the everliving fuck away from VLR before playing 999. VLR's sequel Zero Time Dilemma is an incredibly disappointing piece of shit you'd be better of waiting a sale for.

Always nice to have another opinion on the matter. I will heed your words and hold off on VLR until I get a chance to play 999.

11 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

Welcome and bienvenue to FuwaDarcsensRules.

My VN recommendations : Clannad,Ā steins;gate,Ā shikkoku noĀ sharnoth.Ā 

I'm much obliged. Considering this is an intro thread, it is quickly building up potential to keep me busy for a very long time, because of all of your recommendations :)

5 minutes ago, Valmore said:

I really can't complain. It's in part due to this website that I got back to writing professionally again. :miyako:

It's nice that this website can also further the employment of people with talents relevant to VNs.

Edited by B. Ronoue
Stray 'be'