Otakon speculation and discussion thread

Decay

Just to confirm, about Ixrec I'd only said he planned to translate Sona Nyl and I didn't mean that I want Ixrec to translating Sona-Nyl here.

About Rance, from the site it'll be released in this winter so it shouldn't be too long here.

Last word here, we now have the winner for Otakon here obviously, and by large margin if I said (Mangagamer).

PS - Sekai also announced games, but only doujin ones here.

17 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Just to confirm, about Ixrec I'd only said he planned to translate Sona Nyl and I didn't mean that I want Ixrec to translating Sona-Nyl here.

He dropped those plans in like 2014 when MangaGamer first announced Gahkthun. 

Its really great that Mangagamer got something for everyone across the board [except for otome fans, hope you'll get more games eventually!]. They're clearly paying close attention to what everyone wants and are delivering splendidly.

Also i'm sure everyone doesn't even question if they'll release the game all ages or not, or all ages first then 18+ months later. They also won't argue about prices and what not. You get one game, the full game as intended with one price without long separations of time between versions. It cuts a lot of the negativity i guess. 

I really enjoyed these announcements, as soon as i saw the games, I knew that I'll get them with no uncertainty. I know i will get them. 

[I'm not aiming this message at Sekai, This isn't about Sekai. Its about how i like to purchase my games. I understand that there are people that like all ages versions and i respect that].

Oh dear, what a thing to wake up to

Definitely supporting MangaGamer in the near future, since I was planning on reading Sona-Nyl, Jokers, and Hapymaher anyways, so even better this way

I'm also somewhat interested in getting into Rance and getting back into SonoHana, so I'll keep an eye out for those as well

Very well done, MG

12 minutes ago, XReaper said:

ermm, they just announced "fashioning little miss whatsnot" not that long ago at ax.

Yeah i know, i'm planning on getting that game 2, It looks funny :sachi:. Its just one game though, maybe next year it'll be two? :holo:. I'm not griping about it at all, i get that otome gamers are a minority here [they're not the main focus of Mangagamer] . Still the same way we look forward to purchasing our games and reading them, i kind of wish that they could get what they want too [a bit more than 1 at least] . Call it the Vn readers camaraderie i guess :wahaha:.

26 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Yeah i know, i'm planning on getting that game 2, It looks funny :sachi:. Its just one game though, maybe next year it'll be two? :holo:. I'm not griping about it at all, i get that otome gamers are a minority here [they're not the main focus of Mangagamer] . Still the same way we look forward to purchasing our games and reading them, i kind of wish that they could get what they want too [a bit more than 1 at least] . Call it the Vn readers camaraderie i guess :wahaha:.

Yeah, I'm sure most of the otome community and I would agree we want more than one release every two years. But no worries, I'm patient and doesn't mean I can't enjoy other things in the meantime ~
I'm really looking forward to sona nyl. I've had my eye on that for a while and I wasn't expecting it to be in the announcements. 
I'm also curios about Sekai's announcement on Fatal Twelve, although I can't find anything about it other then the summary we were provided with. 

2 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

dhEuCXB.gif

sona-nyl and hapymaher! Yeash!

I felt the same way for hapymaher XD

Well I am now officially in love with MangaGamer. My massive disappointment with Sukai Project is almost gone.... Nope it's still there. Oh well at least there is some joy with the rage :makina:

2 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

On the other hand, otome crowd got like 4 great new announcements from Aksys just the other day at AX so it's really hard to say that they are underserved this year.

Awesome announcements from MG all around. Tad upset by the absence of Evenicle in the foreseeable future, but at the same time very excited for Sorcery Jokers and Sona-nyl.

1 hour ago, novurdim said:

On the other hand, otome crowd got like 4 great new announcements from Aksys just the other day at AX so it's really hard to say that they are underserved this year.

Awesome announcements from MG all around. Tad upset by the absence of Evenicle in the foreseeable future, but at the same time very excited for Sorcery Jokers and Sona-nyl.

Yeah i agree, they were great announcements. Though they need to get a PSV to read them!:makina: 

I think otome gamers may have the mindset of 'any announcement is a good announcement', which is kind of sad for them:amane:

Things are gradually getting better, and as @Heart mentioned, there are other interesting titles that have been announced that would interest most Vn readers.

I really wanted Evenicle 2 by the way!! Its ok though, i kind of expected the rance announcement. I'm not let down at all though, some really great games coming out! They're keeping Evenicle for next year... i hope:kosame:.

PS: @Heart Iirc, Fatal twelve hasn't been released in Japan and the information provided is the only teaser anyone's going to get for now :wahaha:. I think  the Vn is going to be released in the West first before Japan.

30 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Yeah i agree, they were great announcements. Though they need to get a PSV to read them!:makina: 

I think otome gamers may have the mindset of 'any announcement is a good announcement', which is kind of sad of them

Nowadays most of the good otome games are coming out on vita in Japan so it's only logical that you get one if you are a fan of those things, not that poor and don't have a flaming hatred toward handhelds in general. Vita announcements are in no way inferior to PC ones in that regard so I don't really see anything sad about it, I may even go as far as saying that usually I enjoy reading non-galge VNs on a portable more than on PC. But that's beside the point as I just mean that those are real full-fledged big announcements and I know quite a lot of people excited about them. Just because they are not coming to PC doesn't mean they are insignificant crumbs or something.

30 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

They're keeping Evenicle for next year... i hope

Now that would sure be great. Let's hope Rance sells good enough to warrant a timely release of the other games.

8 minutes ago, novurdim said:

Just because they are not coming to PC doesn't mean they are insignificant crumbs or something.

I didn't think they were insignificant crumbs! that comment made me laugh though.:wahaha:

Well honestly i didn't know that the vita was the main tool for otome games. Thanks for educating me on that! :sachi:

I just knew of the lack of otome title of the past years from the fuwanovel VNTS. I did read that people were excited for the AKSYS games though so good for them!.

So i'll change my comment to things are ALREADY good for otome fans! rather than gradually getting good. I apologise for my ignorance! :yumiko:

About Evenicle, I really hope for exactly that mate. :kosame:

22 minutes ago, SilverLi said:

Not one Rance game but two? Fuck even I didn't think of that. Was the Beat Blades Haruka game such a huge success?

BBH was successful but this is more due to the fact that the translations for both 5D and VI have been complete for a good year now when they were just fan translation projects, and the translators behind them have been hired to work for MangaGamer already. So releasing them is "easy," relatively speaking. And it makes sense to release them together since 5D is a smaller and by all accounts worse game than VI, so they're basically selling VI with 5D tacked on.

Wow, that was a really impressive list of announcements from MangaGamer. Had almost a bit of a 'The Empire strikes back' feeling to it after Sekai's spectacular announcements at AX. At last, they go for some real high quality stuff.

Hapymaher

27851.jpg

Eh, really?! I installed the Japanese version yesterday, so I can just uninstall it again?! Lol, I don't care. :P That's certainly my announcement of the year. I guess MangaGamer thought when Jast can NTR Flowers away from them then they can do the same to Sekai Project. They might have preferred to do it with Jast as revenge, but Jast probably doesn't really have anything worth NTRing away. ^_^

Sorcery Jokers

26115.jpg

Okay first thing: Yay I guessed correctly months ago, it was really Sorcery Jokers!!! :D I had my eyes on Third Eye titles for a while and this is supposed to be their best one so far. It got even in the top ten Getchu award list if I remember right. Not sure about the double protagonist thing since I'm not a huge fan of that, but it's still a must buy for me.

A Kiss for the Petals - The New Generation!

26162.jpg

So that's the yuri title they teased on twitter. Not exactly surprising, though in contrast to their last Sono Hanabira title this one has adult content. Not sure if it'll get a Steam release therefore. Still, not really a release that interests me, but it's nice for Sono Hanabira fans.

Shiei no Sona-Nyl -What a Beautiful Memories-

29979.jpg

So they'll release yet another Liar-Soft title?! Seems like Liar-Soft is slowly getting one of MG's more reliable partners and not just a one-night stand like so many others. It's Sakurai's supposed best title so I guess Sakurai fans will be happy. On the other hand, I heard the same about Gahkthun and it didn't really turn out that way. Anyway, not really a title that interests me, so it's not important for me.

Rance VI - Zeth Houkai - and Rance 5D - Hitoribocchi no Onna no Ko -

18382.jpg   16728.jpg

So this was the inevitable announcement of a Rance title. Not sure if all Rance fan-boys will be happy that they won't get a newer one but a double release of 5 & 6 is certainly the best way to not let the old translations go to waste. But at least Rance 6 seems to be a bigger title at least. I'm also pretty sure that newer Rance titles will follow, probably alreay next year.

So, well done MangaGamer! At least for the titles I'm interested in, Sekai's and MG's announcements are fairly even now for this year. 8)

I am quite happy with MG announcements. A Liarsoft title is what I wished for and Sona-Nyl of the Violet Shadows is what I got so I am happy in that regard, Sorcery Jokers was also wishlist and is certainly looks very promising. I am not quite sure what to think of Hapymaher, put it certainly looks interesting. I will keep an eye on that title for more info’s.  

While MG took until Otakon to pick something up some titles that interests me, I am now quite happy with them. Sekai Project has announced Baldr Sky and Ley-line this year (And some smaller titles, that find hard to keep track of considering the amount of games they announce.), which I am also happy with. (I just wish they would clarify, if we will get 18+ releases.) Only JAST has announced nothing that really interests me and until they decide to work on Django there is no title that I am looking forward too.