Otakon speculation and discussion thread

Decay

10 hours ago, Asonn said:

229c5449573551dcd2dd87dff0c3143a.png

I think it certainly will be announced at a con, if it's really "something pretty big". Will it be Otakon, who knows, I hope it will.... 

oh, and I'm just going to call it, the secret project is Dies. 

Nah. It may be a mega-huge announcement, but it will still just happen out of the blue one day, or with a minimal amount of fanfare attached. It was previously going to be announced on twitter via a countdown from some random translators most people don't actually follow, lol. There's a very real fear from the team that the announcement and marketing will be mishandled and they don't seem to have much confidence in the japanese company that hired them.

11 hours ago, Vorathiel said:

Nobody checked yet what won the last years' Moe Game Awards?

One part of that tweet is talking about SukiSuki, the other part is talking about his second, unannounced gameplay project. He's basically saying "While sukisuki won a gameplay award for some reason [despite having only barebones interactivity], I'm also working on a REAL gameplay title."

2 minutes ago, Decay said:

Nah. It may be a mega-huge announcement, but it will still just happen out of the blue one day, or with a minimal amount of fanfare attached. It was previously going to be announced on twitter via a countdown from some random translators most people don't actually follow, lol. There's a very real fear from the team that the announcement and marketing will be mishandled and they don't seem to have much confidence in the japanese company that hired them.

cant be any worse than via postcards or lonesome laptop screen...

About my statement in regard of AstralAir, the reason I said that not because I'm really hoping that we'll got more Favorite game in English, but rather my suspicion whether AstralAir will be released by Sekai now that Chuee himself said that released in Early 2017 is 'my wishful thinking' back in Shinku TL blog (Sounds fishy here to me). In other word, if Sekai want to release it as soon as possible, the only chance for announcement would be this Otakon. Or alternatively maybe either Sekai will announce AstralAir later (Not at Otakon) if Akerou decided to ask Sekai to license it. Keep in mind that my suggestion might be very wrong and inaccurate here. Although there's always another alternative though other than those 2 (Chuee will released AstralAir patch by himself). To close this, even if I'm disagree that Chuee ask Sekai to license AstralAir, it's his right to did that (Although if Sekai announce it soon or later I'll still be very surprised though).

For Mangagamer, since Arunaru hint was the winner of last year Moe Game Award (2015) for Game Design, the most suspicious candidate here would be Izumo 4 here because I'd just did a little research and found out about that. Other than it was collaboration project between Light and e.go, no much information about the gameplay here. Although speaking about Light, maybe we could wist that we had chance for Dies Irae in the future (Especially with those 2 Mangagamer translators who trying to translated the combat scene from Dies Irae). But my wish here is that I prefer Arunaru to continuing his 2 years delayed Rance VI translation here though. For Bad End, my wishful thinking here would be that she will continuing Arunaru translation project of Rance VI (If I recall, Shizuka was important in Rance VI). Keep in mind that my speculation here might be wrong though, but if Izumo 4 will be announced by Mangagamer later, then I'd predict one announcement and one new partner here true of course (Arunaru's Tweet was too obvious though).

As the last word, for now I'm looking forward to Otakon announcement at Sunday

PS - I'm still thinking that Conjueror tournament back there was more likely his 'boredom curing activity' here. At least I'll think that until he announced his secret project here.

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

For Mangagamer, since Arunaru hint was the winner of last year Moe Game Award (2015) for Game Design, the most suspicious candidate here would be Izumo 4 here because I'd just did a little research and found out about that. Other than it was collaboration project between Light and e.go, no much information about the gameplay here. Although speaking about Light, maybe we could wist that we had chance for Dies Irae in the future (Especially with those 2 Mangagamer translators who trying to translated the combat scene from Dies Irae). But my wish here is that I prefer Arunaru to continuing his 2 years delayed Rance VI translation here though. For Bad End, my wishful thinking here would be that he continuing Arunaru translation project of Rance VI (If I recall, Shizuka was important in Rance VI). Keep in mind that my speculation here might be wrong though, but if Izumo 4 will be announced by Mangagamer later, then I'd predict one announcement and one new partner here true of course (Arunaru's Tweet was too obvious though).

Izumo 4 doesn't really sound so unlikely considering Studio e.go! already made a rather clumsy approach on Steam. A bit surprised that it won a game design award though. It doesn't really look so special. Maybe it's because of the 3D scenes?

Ah, and Bad End is a 'she' btw.

2 hours ago, littleshogun said:

About my statement in regard of AstralAir, the reason I said that not because I'm really hoping that we'll got more Favorite game in English, but rather my suspicion whether AstralAir will be released by Sekai now that Chuee himself said that released in Early 2017 is 'my wishful thinking' back in Shinku TL blog (Sounds fishy here to me). In other word, if Sekai want to release it as soon as possible, the only chance for announcement would be this Otakon. Or alternatively maybe either Sekai will announce AstralAir later (Not at Otakon) if Akerou decided to ask Sekai to license it. Keep in mind that my suggestion might be very wrong and inaccurate here. Although there's always another alternative though other than those 2 (Chuee will released AstralAir patch by himself). To close this, even if I'm disagree that Chuee ask Sekai to license AstralAir, it's his right to did that (Although if Sekai announce it soon or later I'll still be very surprised though).

It won't be announced here. Besides, the translation isn't even finished, and it would probably around 3-4 months into next year at the earliest before it will be. 

Considering the precedent of VN companies using SP to release one VN and then never associating with them ever again, no, I don't think it's a sure thing that they'll get the rights to AstralAir.  I mean, not every company does that to them, but it seems almost common after Frontwing and Key.  Remember how everyone assumed that SP would be getting Sharin, Little Busters and Angel Beats?  Guess what they don't have.

8 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

Considering the precedent of VN companies using SP to release one VN and then never associating with them ever again, no, I don't think it's a sure thing that they'll get the rights to AstralAir.  I mean, not every company does that to them, but it seems almost common after Frontwing and Key.  Remember how everyone assumed that SP would be getting Sharin, Little Busters and Angel Beats?  Guess what they don't have.

Everyone else assumed they would, that doesn't mean they themselves did. Besides, pointless speculation like this is stupid. Just because company A and B did X doesn't mean company C will too, or for that matter, that there's any chance at all of them doing that. 

13 minutes ago, Chuee said:

Everyone else assumed they would, that doesn't mean they themselves did. Besides, pointless speculation like this is stupid. Just because company A and B did X doesn't mean company C will too, or for that matter, that there's any chance at all of them doing that. 

Uhhh...what?  I was implying that pointless speculation is stupid by pointing out things that contradict the idea that because a VN company is partnered with a TL company means that they'll get VNs X, Y and Z.  I also didn't say that SP thought they'd get any of those three (which is impossible for me to know, because I don't work for them and don't interact with anyone that does), just that a lot of people in the VN community thought they would.  I don't know how you got "SP won't get AstralAir" from what I said.

4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

For Mangagamer, since Arunaru hint was the winner of last year Moe Game Award (2015) for Game Design, the most suspicious candidate here would be Izumo 4 here because I'd just did a little research and found out about that. Other than it was collaboration project between Light and e.go, no much information about the gameplay here. Although speaking about Light, maybe we could wist that we had chance for Dies Irae in the future (Especially with those 2 Mangagamer translators who trying to translated the combat scene from Dies Irae). But my wish here is that I prefer Arunaru to continuing his 2 years delayed Rance VI translation here though. For Bad End, my wishful thinking here would be that she will continuing Arunaru translation project of Rance VI (If I recall, Shizuka was important in Rance VI). Keep in mind that my speculation here might be wrong though, but if Izumo 4 will be announced by Mangagamer later, then I'd predict one announcement and one new partner here true of course (Arunaru's Tweet was too obvious though).

It's been explained multiple times, the secret project in question is NOT the winner of the moe game award for gameplay. That was sukisuki. You are making a misunderstanding here.

Bump. Reminder that this is happening tomorrow, and Sekai Project's panel is in about 15-ish hours.  I don't know what the streaming situation looks like. I'll also probably be asleep when SP's panel starts, oh well. 

I haven't been paying attention to the latest rumors too closely, but I have noticed Bad End being particularly excited. It's seeming exceedingly likely that a new Alicesoft game is being announced at MG's panel. 

Looks like I was misunderstood Arunaru's tweet earlier indeed (Sorry). Although looking from some statement here (By Ittaku) the design for SukiSuki was quite unique here, but for the story it was different matter here of course ie standard moege. To confirm about the tweet here, the only answer here should be waiting for more than 21 hours from now.

Well then, I think I'll watch Sekai panel here tonight. About Sekai, there's an interesting situation about Dovac here after his outburst earlier that he deleted all of his Tweet and leaving only one tweet with content 'Remember poiiii' from November 5th last year. It still not tell us much about Dovac position in Sekai though, but this is definitely interesting (Although you all may already know about this though).

Oh nice I won't be asleep for SPs panel. I guess I'll follow that, although I don't expect any big announcements, but that's fine since I am happy with Baldr Sky. (I would still like to see a 18+ release.)

MGs Panel will be too late for me to follow, so I will catch up on that tomorrow. From them I would like to see one title that really excites me since their annoucements this year didn't really catch my interests. Mainly I am thinking about another VN by Liarsoft, Propeller or Caramel Box. Light as one of the new partners would also really excite me. (One day...)
But I guess none of that is terribly likely.

1 minute ago, SilverLi said:

Do they send the announcements somewhere or follow it live with some live feed update? Most interested in the MG one but that's in 9 - 10 hours or so.

https://twitter.com/ellyberries is tweeting from the panel and Sekai Projects retweets him/her. Besides that I don't know if there is any kind of live blog or stream.

I just following Sekai Twitter here since looks like there's no live streaming like back at AX, or in another word here would be live feed update I suppose. I'll list all of the announcement below.

1. First announcement, Human Reignition Project will come in 2017
  2. Second announcement, Sakura Spirit ecchi manga now available on Kindle (Whatever)
  3. Third announcement, Fatal Twelve which according to Sekai wasn't even announced on Japan yet (From Sound of Drop VN creator)
  4. Fourth announcement, Garden of Dreams (Yume no Sono) which will released at 2017

Overall, not much interesting if we speak about production value here since all of the new announced VN were doujin. Although if I may talk here Garden of Dream opening was not too bad though. Better waiting for Mangagamer announcement here.

Well, I would have been honestly surprised if Sekai would have really announced yet another big title.

It will be already a big challenge to translate and release all the stuff they've announced this year.

And we're still waiting for stuff from last year (Chrono Clock) or even longer (Grisaia no Rakuen) to be released.

Sekai Project stuff. 

New games: 

• Fatal Twelve
  • The Emerald Tablet (crafting JRPG)
  • Dairy Princess (Farming sim)

Updates:

• Narcissu 10th Anniversary Anthology coming to PS4/PSV physically and digitally.
  • The Human Reignition Project officially delayed to 2017.
  • New Memory's Dogma trailer. Still pegged for this year. 
  • New Yume no Sono trailer. Coming in 2017. First time it was given a date, I believe.
  • GATE manga will be out on September 15. 
  • Sakura Spirit manga comes to Kindle. 
  • Nekopara anime Kickstarter "coming soon."