Otakon speculation and discussion thread

Decay

1 minute ago, akaritan said:

It's really likely that there will be an Alicesoft game announcement, but given my aversion to gameplay VNs if/when it does happen I'm probably not picking it up. Now, a new liar-soft game, on the other hand, I could get behind... *crosses fingers for Fairytail Requiem*

I wouldn't count on it, it's just not a mangagamer sorta game

Secret Game is a remake of Killer Queen. Strange thing is - Ithe pink haired kid is on the poster/cover for this game, but at least one h scene is with 

Spoiler

blonde girl.

I remember Lemnisca wanted to finish shorter Killer Queen, just to be able to provide much better game, which is sequel/prequel "Rebellions: Secret Game 2nd Stage".

59 minutes ago, Asimmacovski said:

I think that he meant SukiSuki since it actually won the Moe Game Award for Game Design last year and not the gameplay VN.

Edit: It could be IZUMO 4 since it won that award too and it's a VN with gameplay.

arunaru works on sukisuki & the unannounced one so nay, no izumo4 in this case, though i´d personally love seeing it being brought over by mg, regardless of said title propabably not selling as well as others could do, forwhy izumo4 overall approach tends to be abit too oldschool-ish for most people nowadays.

edit: also curious about lemnisca and what they´re currently working on, as far as i know some of its members and steiner do also work for pqube on valkyrie drive: bhikkhuni, but that´s it so far, secret project(s) excluded.

6 hours ago, Decay said:

I would not put money on that actually being announced at Otakon. It will most probably be announced abruptly with no fanfare in the middle of some random week, and not anywhere interesting like an actual convention.

229c5449573551dcd2dd87dff0c3143a.png

I think it certainly will be announced at a con, if it's really "something pretty big". Will it be Otakon, who knows, I hope it will.... 

oh, and I'm just going to call it, the secret project is Dies. 

I would like to see  Natsu no Iro no Nostalgia  from Moonstone and  Sukimazakura to Uso no Machi from Propellor from current partners. Not sure about new partners as there are so many interesting looking games out there. Would really like to see more Nakige.

53 minutes ago, Asonn said:

229c5449573551dcd2dd87dff0c3143a.png

I think it certainly will be announced at a con, if it's really "something pretty big". Will it be Otakon, who knows, I hope it will.... 

oh, and I'm just going to call it, the secret project is Dies. 

As I understand, the reason people think that project won't be announced at a con is because the people who would need to announce it aren't likely to have a panel at any con. Admittedly concrete details are scant, but the general belief is that the localization is being published by the JP developer directly, rather than by one of the VN localization companies. At one point, when it was almost certainly on the way to being announced, it was going to land Friday AM PDT, probably via a website and a bunch of tweets by the translators. Maybe they changed their mind and are trying to do an announcement at a con, but it seems unlikely.

As far as what will happen at Otakon... SP doing some 18+ announcements seems almost certain, so here's a pretty likely one: 18+ Maitetsu