help me find romance anime

i have two. the first is Sukitte Ii na yo. really enjoyed its animation, story, characters, music. great watch.

next is my all time favorite anime of all time Clannad and its second season, After Story. the first season isnt focused on the romance, its more of a build up to the after story arc. but, there will be tears. cant say why exactly.

best of luck.

11 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

i have two. the first is Sukitte Ii na yo. really enjoyed its animation, story, characters, music. great watch.

next is my all time favorite anime of all time Clannad and its second season, After Story. the first season isnt focused on the romance, its more of a build up to the after story arc. but, there will be tears. cant say why exactly.

best of luck.

but Clannad after story is really a tear jerker.....so i couldn't finished it......

Here are a few that you haven't watched yet (either that or I'm using the MAL anime list search function wrong):

Honey and Clover: About a few college students and their lives. Not strictly a romance, but there are relationships that pick up more later on in the show.

Nodame Cantabile: About a music student who gets in a relationship with another music student. A very silly and funny show. If you really don't like Classical (Baroque, Classical, Romantic) music then you might not enjoy this show as it's centered around music quite heavily.

Nagi no Asukara: It's a decent romance with an actual conclusion (the other two have conclusions but are also slightly open ended).

White Album 2: Another high school romance, the ending is interesting I suppose. This only adapts the introductory bit of the White Album 2 VN.

Sakamichi no Apollon: Really well written, I liked the characters a lot.

If you need anymore I'm sure I can find some.

3 minutes ago, Polycentric said:

Here are a few that you haven't watched yet (either that or I'm using the MAL anime list search function wrong):

Honey and Clover: About a few college students and their lives. Not strictly a romance, but there are relationships that pick up more later on in the show.

Nodame Cantabile: About a music student who gets in a relationship with another music student. A very silly and funny show. If you really don't like Classical (Baroque, Classical, Romantic) music then you might not enjoy this show as it's centered around music quite heavily.

Nagi no Asukara: It's a decent romance with an actual conclusion (the other two have conclusions but are also slightly open ended).

White Album 2: Another high school romance, the ending is interesting I suppose. This only adapts the introductory bit of the White Album 2 VN.

Sakamichi no Apollon: Really well written, I liked the characters a lot.

If you need anymore I'm sure I can find some.

thnx...

Romance with conclusion:

Gosick

Myself;Yourself (Maybe a little depresion, but not as Clannad or A lie in April)

PhotoKano+Amagami (one of my favorite because like a VN it has different route/girls, and after story about relationship)

Working!(more comedy than romance, but has a double conclusion)

Mashiro-iro Symphony

Ore Monogatari!! (do not fear that Ogre, he is awesome :3)

And mini series about adult romance with applying comedy - 30-sai no Hoken Taiiku + Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken

Would not be a proper romance recommendation thread without a mention of Eureka Seven. I personally consider this the best romance series in anime, and it's my 2nd favorite romance story in any medium (with Lucia's route in Rewrite taking 1st). The protagonist does start off a little whiny at the beginning, but he does go through some intense development as the show progresses. The story is very interesting too, and ties in with the romance in a unique and interesting way. Unfortunately, the plot isn't resolved at the end, but the romance is still very satisfying.

Whatever you do, though, don't watch the sequel afterwards. It's pretty bad, lol.

Golden Time. Just finished it and I thought it was really good. It's not a pure romance-romance anime, but a Romance anime with some comedy and drama mixed in. After every episode I felt like it wasn't really 25minutes, so it was enjoyable to me.

Amagami SS is also pretty good. It's split up into each different heroine's route though (it's based off a dating sim iirc)
Photokano is similar to it, but more rushed through.
Shuffle! is one I liked too, there's some fantasy element to it though
White Album 2....?...yeah, maybe not.

Most I watch may only have romance as a sup-plot, and not specifically center around that. Like Kokoro Connect.

• AmagamiSS
  • Brighter than the dawning blue
  • Chivalry of a Failed Knight
  • Chobits
  • Cross Game
  • Eureka 7
  • Golden Time
  • Itazura na Kiss
  • Kaichou wa maid sama
  • Karin
  • Kobato
  • Lovely Complex
  • A Lull in the Sea
  • Maison Ikkoku
  • Maria the Virgin Witch
  • My Bride is a Mermaid
  • My Love Story
  • Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu
  • Planetes
  • Please Teacher
  • Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
  • Snow White with Red Hair
  • ToraDora
  • Wagnaria!!
  • Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches
  • Zero no Tsukaima

Trimmed my ultimately satisfying ending list with series where romance predominates. None of these have bad endings or unresolved romance/harems. All of these I rate 7/10 or better. There are numerous other romances too but this is my best selection (in my opinion) that I've watched.

I'll like to thank everyone here too for adding to my stockpile of anime! @UrusaiSenpai i bookmarked your mal page to check later :sachi:.

To arkamondal, sorry i have nothing more to add that hasn't already been mentioned, though i would like to re-highlight @Arcadeotic's mention of Spice and Wolf, it is indeed amazing. The banter is witty and charming. The romance is warm and gentle. I reckon you'll thoroughly enjoy it. Plus economics:kosame:

Ps: actually, let me add kokoro connect, Kotonoha no Niwa:kosame:, Zetsuen no Tempest,  Tamako Love Story, hanasaku iroha, durarara [alot of the characters have romances, celty best girl:kosame:].

Good luck hunting!