Anyone Really Religious here?

Are You Religious?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Are You Religious

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

2 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Think you just believe in a higher being rather than being religious [relating or believing in a religion] dergy, since you aren't following any specific religion but believe in 'a' god.

Ps: I'm of similar mind to what you said.

Plus:

hqdefault.jpg

To Valhalla!!!

Yes, I suppose if the word "religious" does indeed require you to follow a specific religion, then I don't qualify. I think all religions started at the same point, and because of that, "believe" in all of them, but follow none of them specifically.

(Oh and yeah, I'll be next to Odin drinking mead! See you there!) 

Religion is a somewhat complicated topic for me, which I try to avoid most of the time, mostly because I don't care about other peoples beliefs, I don't judge based on religion. Also, I absolutely despise most religions on this planet, so again, somewhat touchy subject. My family was also weird about it, my father was raised in a Catholic house but ended up being an atheist and marrying a somewhat religious Jewish woman (my mother). So while my house usually followed the rules of Judaism, such as my mother keeping kosher, my dad always had his own little fridge and stove in our garage for his own food. It was always made to be a choice for me, less from my mothers side, but my dad always told me I could grow up and choose whichever damn religion I wanted to believe in. When I turned 13 I started reading books by people like Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens. I consider myself a fully atheistic human being at this point, and proud of it. Fite me. :conspiracy:

4 minutes ago, Godskrieg said:

Religion is a somewhat complicated topic for me, which I try to avoid most of the time, mostly because I don't care about other peoples beliefs, I don't judge based on religion. Also, I absolutely despise most religions on this planet, so again, somewhat touchy subject. My family was also weird about it, my father was raised in a Catholic house but ended up being an atheist and marrying a somewhat religious Jewish woman (my mother). So while my house usually followed the rules of Judaism, such as my mother keeping kosher, my dad always had his own little fridge and stove in our garage for his own food. It was always made to be a choice for me, less from my mothers side, but my dad always told me I could grow up and choose whichever damn religion I wanted to believe in. When I turned 13 I started reading books by people like Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens. I consider myself a fully atheistic human being at this point, and proud of it. Fite me. :conspiracy:

YOU ASKED FOR IT NOW, MOTHERF******! :conspiracy:

....................i respect that. :miyako:

but try not to instigate a fight. btw, never said this before but love your avatar. HOLO FTW!!!

Spoiler

5S5D3cK.jpg

eBODfAC.jpg

2 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

YOU ASKED FOR IT NOW, MOTHERF******! :conspiracy:

....................i respect that. :miyako:

but try not to instigate a fight. btw, never said this before but love your avatar. HOLO FTW!!!

Reveal hidden contents

5S5D3cK.jpg

eBODfAC.jpg

Awww shucks, now i'm blushing. :kosame:

ALSO, I AM A LEVEL 90 FUTANARI PALADIN, AND I WILL WRECK YOUR ASS BIT**! :conspiracy:

But in all seriousness, while i'm always willing to have a friendly discussion, I never fight. Every person is completely free to believe what they want, as long as it doesn't harm other people. Just as I am allowed to disagree with them on their beliefs. :holo:

Just now, Godskrieg said:

Awww shucks, now i'm blushing. :kosame:

ALSO, I AM A LEVEL 90 FUTANARI PALADIN, AND I WILL WRECK YOUR ASS BIT**! :conspiracy:

But in all seriousness, while i'm always willing to have a friendly discussion, I never fight. Every person is completely free to believe what they want, as long as it doesn't harm other people. Just as I am allowed to disagree with them on their beliefs. :holo:

YEAH?! WELL..........level 90? really?

perfectly understandable. believe me, i love a good discussion on something like this but we all know that some passerby might see this thread and think towards a post "What did that ass just say? I will mess him up for talking about my beliefs like that." not referring to you specifically but just saying it might be a possibility.

don't really know what vote should i give....cause i'm not really a die hard fan of god or my religion....i follow it as long as it didn't affect me or my near and dear ones....i don't really visit temples but if i'm crossing a temple by chance nd i'm aware of it's presence then i surely pray....nd i'm not really against any religion as long as people following them r happy....but i highly believe in one thing that always be good to everyone as long as they don't 'fuck' with u.......

32 minutes ago, Arkamondal said:

don't really know what vote should i give....cause i'm not really a die hard fan of god or my religion....i follow it as long as it didn't affect me or my near and dear ones....i don't really visit temples but if i'm crossing a temple by chance nd i'm aware of it's presence then i surely pray....nd i'm not really against any religion as long as people following them r happy....but i highly believe in one thing that always be good to everyone as long as they don't 'fuck' with u.......

i can respect that. no need to vote if you dont want to.

I'm a sniveling little Dualist, so no not really. 

Personally, I think asking if someone's "religious" or not is getting a bit out of date; 'cause most people aren't at this point and the number is going down the toilet.
Now there's a whole big wide wacky spectrum of nonsense! :mare:

7 hours ago, Snailmusk said:

I'm a sniveling little Dualist, so no not really. 

Personally, I think asking if someone's "religious" or not is getting a bit out of date; 'cause most people aren't at this point and the number is going down the toilet.
Now there's a whole big wide wacky spectrum of nonsense! :mare:

If we are to believe polls (that I see no reason to doubt,) the vast majority of the world is religious. Then again, it's been a while I last checked. Can't have changed that much, though.

3 hours ago, Kaguya said:

If we are to believe polls (that I see no reason to doubt,) the vast majority of the world is religious. Then again, it's been a while I last checked. Can't have changed that much, though.

I neglected to say "western", but even so, it's undoubtedly becoming less and less popular.

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that there is some sort of deity(s), but I don't make any particular effort to follow the "path" of any religion. For one thing I have allot of things going on to make the God(s) hate me. I generally champion individuality over community, was conceived out of wedlock, and masturbate regularly.

I have also come to fear and distrust the higher power(s), due to some of the possible answers that I have come up with, to glaring questions most people of faith tend to ignore.

I'm agnostic since my adolescence, I believe God's existence can go either way (not that we'll possibly ascertain it anytime soon -- that's the trick, folks!!), and every religion under the Sun can be good or bad.

I of course was raised as a good Catholic and I've fiddled with Buddhist views since, but hey, these are just theories. The prophets are from so long ago. Religions should be about doing good, and you don't need religion for that. Do good because that way you will benefit yourself and your peers, and everything will work out.

Also the Buddhist concept on reincarnation and the Universe being a testing ground for souls is nice, but you can't bet all the money on that. For example, you could be tempted to neglect this life you have since you are being reborn anyway. That's no good.

In a sense, thinking that this life is all we have and when it's over it's over, is a nice motivational concept, contrary to what it may seem.

All in all, I'd like to go to a Heaven where I can meet people such as Bud Spencer and Gene Wilder, let alone my dead pets and loved ones. That'd be awesome.