Nutaku caught abusing DMCA takedowns to censor evidence of censorship

sanahtlig

Only had time to glance over it for now, but my main take away: They fear getting in trouble with the law, for working on material that is considered illegal on their home turf. I mean, even if they cut out and censor it, if the subject matter is illegal there - aren't they in breach just through possession? Sounds to me like they are trying to cover their asses.

But I have no experience or education when it comes to localizations - maybe companies are granted immunity to such import laws, on the basis the content is to be modified?

The whole MIND dark-overlord is possible, but I question if they even monitor any one business under them that closely.

Sanahtlig's article has been posted and discussed in several communities, but I feel many people don't understand the actual point Sanah wanted to make. The main point isn't that Nutaku has censored their games (this is old news); it's the cover-up.  They don't want people to know that they've EVER censored their games.

Actually, I believe Nutaku when they say they won't censor anymore. But only time will tell, we can't make assumptions yet.

No, the point of Sanah's article is this: Nutaku wants to clear its name, tarnished by their own hands. They don't want to be associated with censorship. And to do that, they use every option at their disposal, ethical or not:

They don't want to talk about this. They simply don't want "Nutaku" and "Censorship" to be mentioned in the same sentence. But now Sanah exposed this behavior. And what are they doing? Being Nutaku of course:

To summarize the issues that Sanah tried to expose in his article, Nutaku:

• has not been transparent about changes in their games
  • Silences people who associate Nutaku with censorship
  • Lies and selfishly cover-up evidence to hide that

I hope I could clear up some of these misunderstandings. I feel people are taking away very superficial impressions, on both sides of the debate. But the actual message is probably best condensed in the title of Sanahtlig's article: "Nutaku caught abusing DMCA takedowns to censor evidence of censorship". And that's what people should be aware of.