Hi! I'm excited to get plugged into!

Penholder

Hi there! 

My name's Cody, I'm from Toronto and I am excited to get plugged into this community. 

I have a background in game design. I have always wanted to tell new and interesting stories through some sort of interactive media. I'm still confident that I will work in the game design field, but for now I have wound up here. I am really passionate about stories that challenge people and make them think about things in different ways. That being said, I think that adding a layer of interactivity to storytelling just compounds its impact ten fold. 

And so, when I found it time to dive deep into my next writing project, I began researching different ways I could present it. I often write things and then they just stay written. But with this story, I knew I wanted to actually create something with the writing. It just sort of called for that. So I did a bunch of research and reading and writing, and stumbled upon these things called visual novels. It took me a bit, but I'm sold, and am creating one now! :)

I'm not sure if I should include things about myself in this post, or what those things should be, so I'll just haphazardly throw facts at you. 
Umm... I love movies! I went to film school for a while. Love Oscar bait films - The Tree of Life is my favourite movie. 
I also went to game design school. My favourite game is a toss up between Final Fantasy X and The Last of Us (imo the pinnacle of Japanese and western game design, respectively.) 
As a day job, I am a server and supervisor at a restaurant. 
I lived abroad in Tokyo for a year, that was cool! 
Umm... blue is a pretty colour? 

Nice to meet all of you! And I hope I can look forward to your feedback and help in my journey of creating a VN (in another thread of course). 

Bye for now! :)

Hello! Welcome to the community! Good to see more people get interested in visual novels and people interested in making visual novels. I agree that adding interactivity to a story increases its impact. Feeling that you had something to do with how the story plays out increases how much I care about characters and the outcome of the story. 

Anyway hope to see you around! 

Hiiiiiiiiii. Welcome to the Fuwanovel community!

Considering that you are fairly new to the visual novel community, I suggest you start off with the all-too-familiar Katawa Shoujo. I'd do Bacon's route if I were you. :sachi: And don't hesitate to open a new thread to ask for any recommendations!

Soooooo, you want to get plugged into? :illya:

30 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Using a real person's face (your own?) for an avatar is perceived as odd in this community.  Just an FYI.  Most people here value anonymity, especially due to the association of visual novels with adult content.

Also, this. ^

51 minutes ago, sanahtlig said:

Using a real person's face (your own?) for an avatar is perceived as odd in this community.  Just an FYI.  Most people here value anonymity, especially due to the association of visual novels with adult content.

Noted, I'll change it right away! 

And sorry for the typo in the title... I was multitasking :| 

Welcome, and hope you enjoy yourself here. And if you want to made your own Visual Novel, you could add your project here (Although looks like you already know though). Speaking about FFX, I remember that was my first serious RPG games. Well, looking back it's quite weird that I play FF X-2 first because of the 'interesting' clothes choice for the 3 girls and pick FFX some times after that. Okay for last word, good luck for your original VN here.