Greetings everyone

Hi there, the name's Shikan Raider (or Shikan for short). I figured I should give a brief introduction/summary of myself.

I was introduced to VN's by a friend of mine back in 2009, after having played a lot of RPG's the years beforehand. While I played one or two occasionally it wasn't until recently that I started to play more, which in the end led me into making this account. I figured that joining this community might help me broaden my horizon to find some of the hidden gems out there, as well as interacting with people that share the same interest.

Since I mentioned RPG's earlier it wouldn't be exaggerating to say that I'm a huge fan of those. To name some of my favorite series: Endless Frontier, Tales of, Phantasy Star, Fire Emblem and Golden Sun.

It shouldn't be a surprise that I also watched a decent amount of anime. I do favor the comedy genre, since I usually watch some after I get back from work, but I enjoy some other genres too. To name some of my favorites here as well: Seitokai no Ichizon, Ranma 1/2, Clannad (first season), Shimoneta, Maburaho, Mahoraba: Heartful Days and FMP Fumoffu.

I think that's all that comes to my mind right now. If you still have some questions feel free to ask me. With that being said I hope that you can bear with me. I'm looking forward to enjoy my stay here. Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Shikan

Welcome, and enjoy yourself here. I'd also happened to like RPG too, although I started to like it back at 2007 when I had my PS2. After that I'd find emulator system and started playing some PS1 RPG (At emilator obviously). I'd also play some RPG in GBA and NDS emulator. Well, I think that's enough for my story with RPG for now. And if you need some VN Recommendation just ask us here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'll be sure to ask if there's something on my mind.

3 hours ago, Zalor said:

Another Fire Emblem fan, great! Its nice to have you with us! Also, nice Roy avatar, have you played FE6? It's one of my favorites. Also, do you recognize which FE my avatar is from?

Yes I have played FE6. I actually played all FE's except for 2, 4 and 5 (technically 1 and 3 as well, since I only played the remakes on the DS). Although the main reason for choosing Roy as my avatar is that he was my main in Melee and I was super hyped when he was announced for DLC in Smash 4. As for your avatar, I recognize the face but I think he's from one of the ones I haven't played. If i had to take a guess I'd say it's Eltsahn from FE4.

On 7/26/2016 at 1:52 AM, Shikan Raider said:

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I'll be sure to ask if there's something on my mind.

Yes I have played FE6. I actually played all FE's except for 2, 4 and 5 (technically 1 and 3 as well, since I only played the remakes on the DS). Although the main reason for choosing Roy as my avatar is that he was my main in Melee and I was super hyped when he was announced for DLC in Smash 4. As for your avatar, I recognize the face but I think he's from one of the ones I haven't played. If i had to take a guess I'd say it's Eltsahn from FE4.

Yeah, its Eltshan from FE4. How did you know the specific name of the character if you never played FE4? Either way, while the game has a lot of different conventions that are not standard to most FE games, I highly recommend it. And I think it holds a solid place as one of the best Fire Emblem games every created. 

On 27.7.2016 at 1:01 PM, Zalor said:

Yeah, its Eltshan from FE4. How did you know the specific name of the character if you never played FE4? Either way, while the game has a lot of different conventions that are not standard to most FE games, I highly recommend it. And I think it holds a solid place as one of the best Fire Emblem games every created. 

He looked similar to that one guy who was a DLC character in Awakening, so I did some research on it. Even without the research my guess would have been that he's either from FE4 or FE5, but yeah I wouldn't have known his name otherwise. I might consider playing it, but since I'm playing a FE game currently, it'll be a while before I decide to do so.

3 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

Do you have a favourite VN?

Have a moe:

Reveal hidden contents

tipg.jpg

Thanks for the moe. My favorite VN? Rather than that, my top 3 would be Princess Evangile, Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort and Koiken Otome. I group those 3 together because I actually enjoyed all the routes in them. Most VN's I played had a least one female I disliked, so I had to force myself to finish those routes. Those 3 did not, which is why I group them together.