Da Capo 3 question

Novel21

4 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Is da capo 1 related to 2 heavily? and 2 to 3? 

I've been thinking of reading da capo 2 eventually, if the story is separate from 1 and not related enough to make you feel lost reading it.

Da Capo 2 is kind of a redo of Da Capo, a few of the routes are very similar and it's overall a better VN, so you won't miss all that much if you just read 2. 3 is a bit more related to 2 as far as I can tell, but don't quote me on that.

The situation is as follows:

Da Capo is bad. Painfully so. General consensus says that Kotori is the only worthwhile route in it (excluding D.C.P.C and Nosebleed being a Miharu fanboy) 

Da Capo 2 is actually really solid. The only drop is Koko's route, because it's utter trash, but everything else is at least okay.

So most people recommend just reading D.C 2 right away, but I enjoyed it a lot more after suffering through one route of Da Capo 1, because there are quite a few tie-ins between the two titles.

- - - - - - - - - -

Texas Advdice: Read the improved version of Kotori's route from the Kotori Fandisk and afterwards, go to Da Capo 2. That's the best of both worlds and more than enough to understand everything. 

4 hours ago, TexasDice said:

The situation is as follows:

Da Capo is bad. Painfully so. General consensus says that Kotori is the only worthwhile route in it (excluding D.C.P.C and Nosebleed being a Miharu fanboy) 

Da Capo 2 is actually really solid. The only drop is Koko's route, because it's utter trash, but everything else is at least okay.

So most people recommend just reading D.C 2 right away, but I enjoyed it a lot more after suffering through one route of Da Capo 1, because there are quite a few tie-ins between the two titles.

- - - - - - - - - -

Texas Advdice: Read the improved version of Kotori's route from the Kotori Fandisk and afterwards, go to Da Capo 2. That's the best of both worlds and more than enough to understand everything. 

I would at least read Nemu and Sakura's route in DC 1.

Da Capo was mediocre but it wasn't really bad. It was siimply the very definition of average, so it's not a complete waste of time. Though at the same time it also took me months to get through it cause I kept going back to it and doing one route at a time between other VNs.

So at the very least it serves as a decent filler.