Hi, newcomer here!

andrewngn13

Hello ello, just your average uni student here. If you ever need to call me something, I've found most people seem to be comfortable with Drew, but whatever floats your boat. Besides yellow inflatable rubber duckies. Never use those things to float a boat. Also confessing, this isn't my first post on forum. I got distracted by an anime recommendation thread and couldn't help throwing out a few titles.

Sorry guys Orz.

I'm a sucker for romcoms(which honestly I didn't even expect from myself), and visual novels that are good at weaving a plot to guide or misguide a reader or provoke you to think about something amazing that just happened. Also economics because who doesn't like money? Some of my favorites titles would be G-Senjou no Maou, Rewrite(by Key), World End Economica, Aselia the Eternal, and Yumina the Ethereal.

I also happen to like Kamidori, but unfortunately I haven't found games similar to it with finished english patches. I may or may not be a manga addict, but if it falls in my interests, I'd give myself a 70% chance of having already read it(which i think is pretty high considering how many mangas there are). I'm also working on production of my own VN, but being realistic, you probably won't hear news of a demo or anything until a year later or so.

Welcome here. Apparently you like gameplay VN here, so maybe you could try Seinarukana later. Also Eiyuu Senki here was interesting, especially with both of those had some sort of harem situation here. Other than those 2, maybe you could ask us here later. In regard of this is not your first post here, don't worry because if I may speak from experience I introduced myself at 41st post here. For last word, see you later here and hope you enjoyed yourself here.

1 hour ago, mitchhamilton said:

kamidori and yumina huh? youre my kind of guy. i suggest sengoku rance. rance is an unlikable character for most but it still has some addicting gameplay. welcome to fuwa and i hope you like it here. :D

Read the "behind the scenes" part of the first Rance game. They decided they needed to stand out from everything else and one way to do that is to make the main character a total jerk. He is intentionally unlikeable in a way, which makes him comedy likeable (if that makes any sense). I recommend starting from the start to get the storyline. Be aware that each Rance game is different and they go from dungeon crawlers to Risk elements (Sengoku Rance has lands to conquer and armies and stuff).

5 minutes ago, tymmur said:

Read the "behind the scenes" part of the first Rance game. They decided they needed to stand out from everything else and one way to do that is to make the main character a total jerk. He is intentionally unlikeable in a way, which makes him comedy likeable (if that makes any sense). I recommend starting from the start to get the storyline. Be aware that each Rance game is different and they go from dungeon crawlers to Risk elements (Sengoku Rance has lands to conquer and armies and stuff).

i dont mind that hes like that. at first i did but i looked at it as him being comical, but i know some people who stopped playing it because of rance.

On 7/23/2016 at 8:55 AM, Arcadeotic said:

Hi, welcome to the Forums, esteemed new user, Drew

I'm a sucker for rom-coms and a huge manga-addict, so you're not alone

Omaera Zenin Mendokusai is a great rom-com manga that might've not read, along with Shinozaki-san ki wo Ota Shikani

See ya around

I'll be sure to check out Omaera Zenin Mendokusai, and I've already read through Shinozaki-san ki wo Ota Shikani(*I don't think I'll ever be able to go near the Maiden's Road though)

On 7/23/2016 at 8:59 AM, havoc said:

Be sure to read tsukihime at some point.

As for a anime recommendation, i would always recommend crest of the stars.

I first found out about tsukihime when I encountered the fate series, as a result of watching the Carnival Phantasm OVA. I'd been meaning to play through, so thanks for reminding me! I'll take a look at Crest of the stars, the google image results of it remind me alot of Tenchi Muyo.

On 7/23/2016 at 9:17 AM, littleshogun said:

Welcome here. Apparently you like gameplay VN here, so maybe you could try Seinarukana later. Also Eiyuu Senki here was interesting, especially with both of those had some sort of harem situation here. Other than those 2, maybe you could ask us here later. In regard of this is not your first post here, don't worry because if I may speak from experience I introduced myself at 41st post here. For last word, see you later here and hope you enjoyed yourself here.

I couldn't get myself into Seinarakuna unfortunately, the combat system felt like it degraded from the time of Ein no Aselia. Hopefully I can bring myself to finish it one day, but my friend tells me that the story doesn't quite match up as well, so it's kinda low on my list of priorities. I'll definitely be trying our Eiyuu Senki though.

On 7/23/2016 at 11:16 AM, mitchhamilton said:

kamidori and yumina huh? youre my kind of guy. i suggest sengoku rance. rance is an unlikable character for most but it still has some addicting gameplay. welcome to fuwa and i hope you like it here. :D

I've had alot of people recommend Rance to me, but yeah, I was offput by the internet rumour mill surrounding him. I've heard there's alot of Rance games, is there one I should particularily start on?

Thanks to everyone who has responded so far!

Just now, andrewngn13 said:

I've had alot of people recommend Rance to me, but yeah, I was offput by the internet rumour mill surrounding him. I've heard there's alot of Rance games, is there one I should particularily start on?

there are indeed a lot of rance games. there are ones before sengoku rance but its the one i started with and wasnt really confused. they do a nice job of explaining previous events if its needed.

15 hours ago, andrewngn13 said:

There is a storyline though all of them, meaning each contains something, which you understand better if you play them in the order they are released.

Be aware that the early ones have had remakes, but AFAIK the newest remakes haven't been translated. This mean the first one is a bit buggy (a few insignificant graphical glitches) while the 3rd is seriously buggy. Sadly advising to just skip the 3rd is bad because the storyline makes that one quite important. Hopefully we will get translated remakes some day.

15 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

there are indeed a lot of rance games. there are ones before sengoku rance but its the one i started with and wasnt really confused. they do a nice job of explaining previous events if its needed.

I started with that one too. Sure you can start with that one and it works ok and you get a full storyline. However you can do stuff like "call for help" where you then have to pick which of two countries. Those two countries are locations of earlier Rance games and the people showing up from each speak in a way where you miss at least half of it if you don't know that Rance used to work together with all of them. In fact I think they are all heroines from previous Rance games, complete with H scenes and stuff. It's almost like every single sentence is a reference to events in the past.