Interesting titles for introductions are hard to find...

Helianthus

Hello there,

I'm Helia/Helianthus and, as you would probably guess, I'm a big fan of visual novel (and anime) :wahaha:

I have rather dififcult tastes though: what I like the most is deep, psychological themes, possibly depressing stuff. That's why some of my favorites are Saya no Uta, Yume Miru Kusuri, Narcissu, Kara no Shoujo and the Infinity series. Especially Remember11 which is very well written. Well, except for the ending (of lack thereof). Needless to say, I'm one of the people waiting for SubaHibi TL since forever :amane:

Ah and I'm very fond of English visual novel in general.

I'm also making my own under the Träumendes Mädchen team since more than four years now. We were hobbyist for a while but we recently decided to make a bold move and become a real company. So I'll be sharing our first commercial project soon if you don't mind. Beware though, we do make pretty unique stuff...

Spoiler

The few people who have read Ambre (which is like our most popular free game) will understand what I mean :makina:

27 minutes ago, Helianthus said:

I have rather dififcult tastes though: what I like the most is deep, psychological themes, possibly depressing stuff. That's why some of my favorites are Saya no Uta, Yume Miru Kusuri, Narcissu, Kara no Shoujo and the Infinity series. Especially Remember11 which is very well written. Well, except for the ending (of lack thereof). Needless to say, I'm one of the people waiting for SubaHibi

Reveal hidden contents

The few people who have read Ambre (which is like our most popular free game) will understand what I mean :makina:

I love you already, can I interest you in learning japanese?

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

1 hour ago, Arcadeotic said:

Mysterious and clickbait-y titles usually work the best for introductory titles and in general

Aww, I'd rather go with mysterious than clickbait-y then. The whole «You Won't Believe What Happens Next » is not really my style :makina:

1 hour ago, Kawasumi said:

I love you already, can I interest you in learning japanese?

Ahah, thank you! Unfortunately, I have so little free time I don't want to lose what's left of it. So learning a new language is out of the question! I already forgot all of my German due to lack of practice, that would not be reasonable at all ;).

1 hour ago, Limerence_ said:

I've actually read Ambre somewhere this year, since it was free on the play store. It had a rather interesting concept and was a nice read, but was perhaps a little too short to leave a big impact.

Oh my, I didn't expect someone here would have actually read it! I hope you enjoyed the story :yumiko:

I understand what you mean but I'd even say it's the flaw of many of our free visual novel: since most of them were created during game jams, we couldn't really make something big. That's also part of the reason why I wanted to do a commercial project and try something a bit different  :sachi:

Welcome to Fuwanovel and hope you enjoy yourself here. Sorry for late welcome here, and to be honest I'm very agree with your statement in the title here. About your project, didn't check it yet but good luck nonetheless. Oh, for VN Recommendation I'll recommend both of I/O and Root Double because there's involvement from Infiinity series writer, Takumi Nakazawa. Cross Channel might be good for you too, although you may already read those 3 though. For last word, see you here later.

Thank you nohman!

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel and hope you enjoy yourself here. Sorry for late welcome here, and to be honest I'm very agree with your statement in the title here. About your project, didn't check it yet but good luck nonetheless. Oh, for VN Recommendation I'll recommend both of I/O and Root Double because there's involvement from Infiinity series writer, Takumi Nakazawa. Cross Channel might be good for you too, although you may already read those 3 though. For last word, see you here later.

It's not that late: I only posted today after all :sachi:

I admit there are many VN I know but don't have the time to play X).

I've heard of both Nakazawa and Urobuchi solo projects but I don't know how they're like compared to their joint ones. I've heard mixed reviews of I/O so I'm more interested in Root Double for now!

I've actually started Cross Channel at some point with a friend of mine (who's into visual novel as well) but we gave up around the opening because the translation was weird and we didn't get anything :wafuu:

1 hour ago, RimiNishijou said:

Welcome! Enjoy your time on the forums! 

On a side note... Ya another person who likes psychological themes :p!

Yay for psychological themes ! Also I can't help but notice you seem to be a Chaos;Head fan. My friend played it and loved it, I need to find the time to see for myself :wahaha:

7 hours ago, Helianthus said:

Thank you nohman!

It's not that late: I only posted today after all :sachi:

I admit there are many VN I know but don't have the time to play X).

I've heard of both Nakazawa and Urobuchi solo projects but I don't know how they're like compared to their joint ones. I've heard mixed reviews of I/O so I'm more interested in Root Double for now!

I've actually started Cross Channel at some point with a friend of mine (who's into visual novel as well) but we gave up around the opening because the translation was weird and we didn't get anything :wafuu:

Yay for psychological themes ! Also I can't help but notice you seem to be a Chaos;Head fan. My friend played it and loved it, I need to find the time to see for myself :wahaha:

I highly suggest you do :p! (Just DON'T watch the anime... it's shit)

Thanks john 'mr. customer' smith

8 hours ago, Flutterz said:

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay!

You should ask @Ayana if the Subahibi TL is out yet :3

Have a moe:

Reveal hidden contents

tha7.jpg

Well, I thought the TL in itself was kinda finished but that they were working on an official localization :rimu:  So all we can do is wait, I suppose?

7 hours ago, RimiNishijou said:

I highly suggest you do :p! (Just DON'T watch the anime... it's shit)

Ahah, I know, the anime is horrendous. I'm not watching it! :makina: