What VN would you consider EPIC?

fun2novel

Are there any Visual Novels that you guys think are simply epic?

Let me explain what I mean by epic. An epic visual novel would be one that has a story that is so awesome and amazing with twist and turns that just blows your mind. It's all subjective of course.

There seems to be a lack of FATE in this thread... And while I'm at it, Kara no Shoujo fits the bill perfectly as you mentioned plot twists and such (not to mention G-String, since it already has been). On another note, whilst I agree with much of what has been mentioned above, some fantasy and less mainstream VN that rarely get any spotlight should definitely be noted as epic, such as Monster Girl Quest and Sengoku Rance.

Simply epic? I'd say it has to be Saihate no Ima. I don't even know how to explain it. I'll just say that a hidden twist will Rewrite (oh Saihate's author is the same author that writes Moon and Terra Routes) your whole thought towards the eroge.

And of course Supreme Candy. I may be this VN's fanboy, but you gotta say Hesperus Route is epic. I never believed people saying this game has no plot holes, but if that was a spar, then I'd lost my bet.

Steins Gate is my favorite VN, and I've read over 100 of them (yeah, my opinion is biased). If you're looking for awesome story, try Cross Channel, you.

Cross Channel's end was quite sad..> I wish they put a Harem end there to drain all the sadness..

It's surprising to hear Monster Girl Quest being described as epic, I always thought it was just another nakuge.

A lot of these games are well known, I guess they deserve the reputation.

I'd like to add a few more visual novels:

Ever17 - you should already know why and if you don't then go play it already.

Remember11 - amazing, the only problem is that the story has no ending.

Chaos;Head - predecessor to Steins;Gate that doesn't get the love it deserves.

I did not play yet most of the other well known visual novels.

It's surprising to hear Monster Girl Quest being described as epic, I always thought it was just another nakuge.

A lot of these games are well known, I guess they deserve the reputation.

Believe me, I also thought that it was just another nukige. My friend had a hard time convincing me but surely enough, it was worth the try. Then again, it's not like all nukiges are destined to have crappy plots.

If you don't mind ones that are only in Japanese, I can name thirty or forty truly epic games, but I'll start with ones that are just generally good: Harumade Kururu (this game starts like a harem nukige and turns into a serious mindfuck), Evolimit (any action game by propeller really), Ruitomo, Comyu, Dies Irae (for its unrepentant melodrama), Hapymaher, Grisaia (the first one), Haruka ni Aogi Uruwashi no, Jingai Makyou, Komorebi no Nostalgia, Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas, Sousei Kitan Aerial, Tiny Dungeon series, Draculius, Tsuisou no Augment, Vermillion - Bind of Blood. I could go on further, but I won't.

If you don't mind ones that are only in Japanese, I can name thirty or forty truly epic games, but I'll start with ones that are just generally good: Harumade Kururu (this game starts like a harem nukige and turns into a serious mindfuck), Evolimit (any action game by propeller really), Ruitomo, Comyu, Dies Irae (for its unrepentant melodrama), Hapymaher, Grisaia (the first one), Haruka ni Aogi Uruwashi no, Jingai Makyou, Komorebi no Nostalgia, Otome ga Tsumugu Koi no Canvas, Sousei Kitan Aerial, Tiny Dungeon series, Draculius, Tsuisou no Augment, Vermillion - Bind of Blood. I could go on further, but I won't.

Wow you really are a hardcore reader Clephas-san. Many of the title you listed there I only hear for the first time. And yes I agree that Ruitomo is epic.

Same as Clephas, I can name thirty or forty epic games for me ! But in japanese :S : Akatsuki No Goei, Tokeijikake no Ley Line, Grisaia no Kajitsu, G Senjou Maou, Sousei Kitan No Aerial, Ruitomo, Bloody Rondo, Shinigami no Testament, EvoLimit, Dies Irae, Ikusa Megami (Series), Astray Them, Ojou-sama wa Gokigen Naname... Well, i can continue but i'm gonna stop here too @_@.