What is a weaboo?

Nekolover

I want to see some arguments here about what is a weeboo and what isn't a weeboo.  

Why? Because people are distorting the word too much.  

Michael Jackson normal black guy. 

michael_jackson_1.jpg

Bleach version. 

m_jackson_afp550.jpeg

I seem people hellbent in the past saying that changing your skin color to look white isn't racist. 

Personally, I could care less if he wants to make himself blue. 

But this is the problem that perplexes me about people. 

This part I am about to mention make me feel like people are bunch not minding their own business assholes hypocrites.  

So here the question.  

Why is it that somebody doing plastic surgery to make them self look Asian or Japanese make them a weeboo?  

But yet a guy who changes skin color is fine? 

Again I don't care how you decide to make yourself look but how that any different? 

Also why do people care so much about somebody changing their looks? 

Also why making yourself look like a different race is bad?  

I get the whole be proud of your own race thing but if the person is not happy with their looks. Why knock them over for something that makes them happy? Especially when it hurts nobody other than some group racial mentality.  

Anyway that how it look like to me anyway. 

Yes this is a serious question. Yes this isn't trolling.  Please take it seriously. Please if you are going to write some negative or retard comments like in 4chan or youtube.  Please walk away.   

EDIT I DIDN'T KNOW HE HAD A DISEASE SUPPOSEDLY ANYWAY.  BUT WHAT I SAY STILL STAND. PLEASE ADRESS THE QUESTION. 

To quote Urban Dictionary: "Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes."

From my understanding, a weeaboo is someone who disrespects the Japanese culture.

Not like Michael Jackson chose to become whiter, he had vitiligo.  ofc there were rumors that he bleached his skin but an autopsy proved that he at least had vitiligo.

To answer your original question tho, idk how exactly to define a weeaboo, but if there were an American culture version of it, this would be it.

Spoiler

YYtwyjw.png

On 7/20/2016 at 8:55 PM, sanahtlig said:

If you're considering plastic surgery to look Asian, I recommend at least learning Japanese first.  Because then neither is likely to happen.

That's my tip of the day.

Is that question address to me? Also no. I am fine how I look.  I am trying to learn Japanese  but that going to take some time.  I am also not sure what you mean in your last sentence. 

On 7/20/2016 at 8:58 PM, Eclipsed said:

Here's what Google told me

Otaku: an individual that is obsessed with manga, anime, and Japanese video games

Weeabo: an extreme Otaku

That a bit broad. May as well call these people obsessive fans then.

On 7/20/2016 at 9:16 PM, the_dive said:

Not like Michael Jackson chose to become whiter, he had vitiligo.  ofc there were rumors that he bleached his skin but an autopsy proved that he at least had vitiligo.

To answer your original question tho, idk how exactly to define a weeaboo, but if there were an American culture version of it, this would be it.

Reveal hidden contents

YYtwyjw.png

Well I know shit about him. So can't argue with you. 

Also that guy for some reason pisses me off. 

On 7/20/2016 at 9:03 PM, Shikomizue said:

To quote Urban Dictionary: "Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes."

From my understanding, a weeaboo is someone who disrespects the Japanese culture.

Acting like something you are not I get it.  But disrespecting their culture is stupid.  We all disrespect other people cultures on purpose or not.  The language thing is more about know it all but the bad kind. 

To be fair Michael Jackson got a lot of shit for his changing appearance. It died down after his death because well he's dead, but I remember him being the butt of a lot of jokes for a long time. That being said while I don't have a problem with people changing their appearance like that a lot of people do. Changing how you appear race-wise is a rather sticky issue as humans have a lot of hangups on race and how other people look compared to them. 

To your question weeaboo is a weird word that to me is just a derogatory (usually) term for someone who really likes an Asian culture (usually Japanese) more than their own. So someone who would change their appearance to be more like this culture would fit under this but... I mean I have never really heard anyone outside the internet use this term. 

Just now, OutoftheBox said:

A man with a disease isn't even comparable to an obsessive anime fan.

First read the comments.  Didn't know but isn't also a rumor? 

Also what I say still stand regardless of who  I address. 

Please address the question or reserve the comment. 

I am looking for a reasoning not regurgitate shit. 

13 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

That a bit broad. May as well call these people obsessive fans then.

Das exactly what it is. Otakus are the fans of the shit, Weeabos are the obsessive fans that go overboard and say everything is sugoi and have a wannabe persona

7 minutes ago, shadowolf64 said:

To be fair Michael Jackson got a lot of shit for his changing appearance. It died down after his death because well he's dead, but I remember him being the butt of a lot of jokes for a long time. That being said while I don't have a problem with people changing their appearance like that a lot of people do. Changing how you appear race-wise is a rather sticky issue as humans have a lot of hangups on race and how other people look compared to them. 

To your question weeaboo is a weird word that to me is just a derogatory (usually) term for someone who really likes an Asian culture (usually Japanese) more than their own. So someone who would change their appearance to be more like this culture would fit under this but... I mean I have never really heard anyone outside the internet use this term. 

So what wrong with liking another culture more than yours? Otherwise what the point of citizenship application for foreigners?    What wrong with changing your physical appearance? I feel like that not different than forcing people to obey a dress code but for race.  

7 minutes ago, Nekolover said:

So what wrong with liking another culture more than yours? Otherwise what the point of citizenship application for foreigners?    What wrong with changing your physical appearance? I feel like that not different than forcing people to obey a dress code but for race.  

I don't think there is anything wrong with it myself, I like Japanese culture after all but other people do. I think its a mix of people not understanding, and people taking it personally that you don't think their culture is the greatest that has ever existed. 

Just now, shadowolf64 said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with it myself, I like Japanese culture after all but other people do. I think its a mix of people not understanding, and people taking it personally that you don't think their culture is the greatest that has ever existed. 

So I am not alone in this.   

Weeaboo doesn't mean anythingh, it's just a trash word used as a random insult thowards people percieved as "japan"-fans.

Using random japanese words in a conversation is not a problem and shouldn't be condemned, anyway. (unless this behaviour spreads to the masses, and that's not the case)

5 hours ago, john 'mr. customer' smith said:

Part of the definition is that weeaboos abandon their own culture, and I think a lot of people hate them because of that. I can get behind that, it basically means they're abandoning the people and the traditions they grew up with, merely for the shinyness of another culture.

That pathetic. You can't force people to like their culture any more than you can force them to like themselves.  If they are doing things half way it will bite them in their ass.  But if they are serious people are just hating on somebody life choice.  

3 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Me too

Yeah, I am supposed to understand what you are agreeing with? 

3 hours ago, HMN said:

/thread

4 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

Me.

Weeabo: That weird kid in school who everyone picked on because he wore a Naruto headband, showed off his sugoi ninja moves, called people baka, smelled like he never showered, long greasy hair, etc.

Otaku: That weird-ish kid in school that said he enjoyed anime, and left it at that, but otherwise functioned like a normal human being who did not feel the need to rub his hobby all over his body, and into the faces of anyone in a 5 foot radius.

In other words, a weeb is someone who feels the need to tell everyone that they love love love love Japan and its culture, while being woefully ignorant on said culture. Anyone who does not like anime is a baka who is being very mean. Weebs usually have a massive persecution complex and feel that anyone who remotely criticizes them is doing so out of malice, or a hatred of Japan, and they fail to see that they are simply annoying as shit. Yes, some sports fans act very similar to weebs.

An otaku is just a fan of anime and Japanese culture that also feels the need to be part of a group so they don't feel so lonely. 

9 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Weeabo: That weird kid in school who everyone picked on because he wore a Naruto headband, showed off his sugoi ninja moves, called people baka, smelled like he never showered, long greasy hair, etc.

Otaku: That weird-ish kid in school that said he enjoyed anime, and left it at that, but otherwise functioned like a normal human being who did not feel the need to rub his hobby all over his body, and into the faces of anyone in a 5 foot radius.

In other words, a weeb is someone who feels the need to tell everyone that they love love love love Japan and its culture, while being woefully ignorant on said culture. Anyone who does not like anime is a baka who is being very mean. Weebs usually have a massive persecution complex and feel that anyone who remotely criticizes them is doing so out of malice, or a hatred of Japan, and they fail to see that they are simply annoying as shit. Yes, some sports fans act very similar to weebs.

An otaku is just a fan of anime and Japanese culture that also feels the need to be part of a group so they don't feel so lonely. 

I really think that threaching it.   

Isn't Otaku a nerd? 

Sure but that kind of broad.  I like talking about Japan and studying weird shit about the country.  

7 hours ago, LiquidShu said:

Your threads just keep getting better Nekolover :wahaha:

What did I do now? I just made a discussion topic.  There not controversy or anything like that.  I am just asking a question. 

6 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Weeaboo doesn't mean anythingh, it's just a trash word used as a random insult thowards people percieved as "japan"-fans.

Using random japanese words in a conversation is not a problem and shouldn't be condemned, anyway. (unless this behaviour spreads to the masses, and that's not the case)

I think that a bit late for that. I know people who combine words from different languages to talk.  I do too. I combine English and Spanish when talking sometimes.   

10 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

Here's what Google told me

Otaku: an individual that is obsessed with manga, anime, and Japanese video games

Weeabo: an extreme Otaku

I want to say I'm an Otaku, but saying I'm 'obsessed' with those things feels like it's stretching it a little bit...I...I'm lost, Eclipsed.

I don't know what I am any more...

Spoiler

%5BHorribleSubs%5D+Mitsudomoe+-+13+%5B72

You can make any word offensive by the way you say it. I can say "you are the loveliest person in the whole world" while making you extremely uncomfortable about it.

An otaku is a nerd but a nerd doesn't have to be an otaku.

Is this simple enough for you?

18 minutes ago, CeruleanGamer said:

You can make any word offensive by the way you say it. I can say "you are the loveliest person in the whole world" while making you extremely uncomfortable about it.

An otaku is a nerd but a nerd doesn't have to be an otaku.

Is this simple enough for you?

I feel like you are calling me stupid in a none aggressive but passive way.  @_@ 

I got what you are saying but I already knew that  @_@ 

2 hours ago, solidbatman said:

Yet, if you do the same with murican shit, you won't be arrogantly bashed.

7 hours ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Yet, if you do the same with murican shit, you won't be arrogantly bashed.

In general, you won't be bashed for conforming to the views and beliefs of those around you, and in fact we expect this behavior of people.  Indeed, the inability or unwillingness to conform is generally regarded as maladaptive and undesirable.