Figure Collector

This is my main concern as well, the customs from here also have those kind of rumors running around. As for my bad experience, once I bought some keychains, straps and other small stuff, waited for the date of supposed delivery but things never came untill 3 months later. The old man with his bicycle (hence, in most cases, large packages cannot be delivered to your home) told me that the package was buried in the storage of a different post office.

Yeah, the time issues are also one of my worries ;_; I don't want to lose my things because they stored them in a wharehouse and forgot to ship them. I guess the best option is having someone buy them in Japan and then bringing them for you personally (like the few guys that have anime stores here xD), but that's kinda hard and maybe even more costly D;

Also, even if I dislike To Love Ru with a passion, I can't help but say that these characters are really cute, congrats for getting that figure!

This is my main concern as well, the customs from here also have those kind of rumors running around. As for my bad experience, once I bought some keychains, straps and other small stuff, waited for the date of supposed delivery but things never came untill 3 months later. The old man with his bicycle (hence, in most cases, large packages cannot be delivered to your home) told me that the package was buried in the storage of a different post office.

I got Kyouko and Homura from the pre-owned section of amiami, they were a good deal and look marvelous.

I've been hoping to buy some doujins or artbooks one of these days, but im not well informed about how and where to get them :( , and also, tony taka is the guy from the shining series, right?

Aaaaand... here's my new pre order:

I'll spend 2/3rds of what i earn in a month, but I've always wanted an imouto like Mikan

I got those books from the Mandarake's online store, and yes Tony Taka is the guy who draws for the Shining series.(The doujins I got were from Bakemonogatari, Clannad and F/SN)  It takes a bit more work to find them on Manda, but it's a lot cheaper than the few doujinshi importers I've seen while scouring the internet and the only other alternative I know of is ordering through a proxy.(or maybe amazon for official artbooks)

That Mikan figure is really cute, there's a long unfoldable centerfold type illustration of this same pose in the arbook I got.  It's very cute, I would be tempted to get it if there weren't so many others that I want. XD  (Though I would probably get this Momo if I were to get a TLD figure http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144400 )

I don't collect figures, but I do collect models.  Mostly Gundam, but I have some Armored Core as well.  And my newest addition, which I can't wait to put together is...

Muv-Luv-Alternative-Shiranui-Storm-and-S

Ooh, almost the same model as the one i'm putting together. My one has the shield though. Do you plan on doing any extra painting once it's all together?

Ooh, almost the same model as the one i'm putting together. My one has the shield though. Do you plan on doing any extra painting once it's all together?

Yeah, I'm using part of my tax returns to get a compressor for my airbrush.  I'm also planning on wiring it up to get some glowing bits on it.  As for the model, mine has the shield as well as the guns.  It's the Storm Vanguard/Strike Vanguard Spec.  

Do you use normal modeling glue, or something like Ambroid or Tenax?  

You guys assemble them by yourselves? That's amazing, I can't even do a puzzle without losing a piece in the process x'D

Yeah, I've done a few HG and MG Gundams, but I'm working myself up to being good enough to do this one justice:

01.jpg

Yeah, I'm using part of my tax returns to get a compressor for my airbrush.  I'm also planning on wiring it up to get some glowing bits on it.  As for the model, mine has the shield as well as the guns.  It's the Storm Vanguard/Strike Vanguard Spec.  

Do you use normal modeling glue, or something like Ambroid or Tenax?  

Yeah, I've done a few HG and MG Gundams, but I'm working myself up to being good enough to do this one justice:

Okay, that's the same as me then. I'm putting it together pretty slowly though; got the arms and legs done so far. I'll be very interested in seeing your finished product...I only plan to use some leftover hobby paints with normal brushes to touch up some of the unfinished bits (eg. the studs on the shield).

Since it all clips together pretty well I haven't been using glue, though I would just use normal modelling glue if I did. I'm pretty small-time when it comes to models >.<

I went kinda figure crazy and ordered the recently released Momo Belia Deviluke and preordered this glorious Tharja from Fire Emblem Awakening.

FIGURE-000673.jpg

Momo's price already went up from 7900 to 10200 Yen on the very same day I placed my order.(on the same website)  Pretty lucky I placed my order just in time without realising it! XD

Jeez, photography is hard.  And the Vita camera is pretty lousy.

QsQvBjO.jpg

I don't know why I was using it.

OobU5Xf.jpg

And Popura, so adorable.

4TIfmM0.jpg

And waitress Houki is great.

fNWnyFN.jpg

Gah, this one looks like she's standing at a 45 degree angle.

mtaLcVi.jpg

Really loving these Nendos.  But sheesh, so hard to reconfigure them.  I wanted to do more but I didn't want to have to deal with the stress.

Also, I just ordered a Tohka,

FIGURE-001422_05.jpg

and another Mao.

FIGURE-002187_01.jpg

I haven't had much time to post lately, but earlier this week I received the Momo I had ordered.  At a scale of 1/6 she is pretty big compared to the other figures I have, and she's by far the sexiest figure I got.

momo001.jpgmomo002.jpgmomo005.jpg

I also ordered Gift's amazingly detailed Saber Lily by Satoshi Toda, along with the Type Moon 10th Anniversary Phantasm artbook.

10136816a4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone recommend me which company has the best Ryougi Shiki figure?

Someone just posted a comparison between the two most recent ones and I thought it might interest you :

http://myfigurecollection.net/blog/13480  From what I've read, Kotobukiya might be the one, though GSC's is pretty good as well.

My Saber Lily figure should be coming in soon, since I just received the Type Moon 10th Anniversary Phantasm artbook that was part of the same order.(That they split in two.)

I have a pretty small collection for right now.. Here's my MFC page: http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/mahoushoujo

The non-nendoroids (excluding Sakura Oogami, Ryoko, Aozora Hayato, and the Princess of the Crystal) are my boyfriend's but we combined our collection together. ^^ I'm more of a fan for nendoroids more than anything. I even have a (originally) nendoroid blog: http://nendoroidcuties.wordpress.com/

Right now, though, I'm trying so hard to save up extra money for Anime Expo this year so I can go nuts and buy the figures there so I can physically hold them.... T____T Hence me trying to play Visual Novels now.

Saber Lily came in this week.  Now all that 's left is Tharja and that should be it for a while.  She's beautiful, I cannot stress how amazing the details are.  Definitely the new gem of my collection. :3  I'm now almost tempted to get the regular Saber from the same sculptor.  For some reason the hair and golden parts come out as a lot more yellow on my pictures than they are in reality.

saberlily001.jpg

saberlily002.jpg

saberlily007.jpg

Also, Mandarake currently has that Misaka Mikoto in maid uniform for 7000 Yen : http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-738247.html  ;)