Figure Collector

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this ...

I'm curious as to how many of you collect figurines (and to what extent). Part of my issue of having worked all throughout most of my life, and now going into my full time career, is my inability to refrain from buying gorgeous figurines. I like having things on display (this also applies to things like collectors editions of movies and games), so naturally, I've built up a collection over the years. I'm moving out hopefully within a year, provided I finish my last year of uni after having taken a year off for an internship (paid, which also fuels the obsession). I'll probably buy a whole set of new cabinets to break in the new place when I eventually move just to display the stuff.

Anyway, to the point;

do you guys collect? What are your recent purchases, or better yet - show us your purchases or collection?

I've only got 4 pre-orders this year ...

Deep Sea Girl Miku

Atelier Totori

Patchouli Knowledge

Atelier Meruru

And my fingers also itching to buy this one...

bp02.jpg

It's a terrible habit but I can't help but buy these shiny things - I'm like some sort of Magpie when it comes to collectibles :/

I plan on buying once I get my job and get out of college. I had a few figurines but ended up giving them away as birthday presents and good bye presents. But yea I plan to collect and keep'm in a glass case and all that jazz when I get the means too. Hopefully when I do my friends won't beg for them and push me to giving them away lol. And just like you I can already tell I won't be able to stop buying them. Sucks to be an impulsive buyer doesn't it?

I do like to collect figures, I don't have many because I don't have a regular income, so I rarely buy them anymore, but still, I like them, I'm always looking around webs to see what figures they have. I also have some artbooks and a couple of collector's edition games. I'll take some pictures of what I have and show you.

Last girl I have adopted is the Elin Berserker:

TiuzZZZ.jpg

She likes big weapons which doesn't seem to amuse Miku.

I am poor so I don't have many :( . I might take pictures of the rest and add a gallery link here later if I'm feeling bored enough to do that.

Last girl I have adopted is the Elin Berserker:

TiuzZZZ.jpg

She likes big weapons which doesn't seem to amuse Miku.

I am poor so I don't have many :(/>/> . I might take pictures of the rest and add a gallery link here later if I'm feeling bored enough to do that.

Haha love that pic Luch!!

Pics will be up soon. Going to take pics of my Complete collection. Figures/anime/manga/LN's everything. Will make separate topic as will be a shitton of pictures

I don't collect figures. I thought about it several times, but my ultimate conclusion was that unlike dvds or games, figures don't really justify their value to me. I can always watch and rewatch an anime dvd, all I can do with a figure is look at it, and display it. That said, I find many figures to be beautifully crafted and if a prince ever wants to leave his fortune to me because he realizes that I deserve it more than his spoiled children when I finally get a stable and more flexible income than I might start collecting. But for now, I'm a frugal student that needs a strong justification for every purchase he makes.

^^ Cool figures Mikel, I especialy like your FF ones and the Zoro!

I changed to pose on my Estelle, so I took some pictures!

Estelle02b.jpg

I also took a picture of my relatively modest manga collection while I was at it, but wasn't sure where to post it, so here it is :

Manga.jpg

Most of them are in french except for Cromartie and Yotsubato. I've read a lot more online, but I plan to at least finish buying Berserk, Yotsubato, Cromartie, and then some that I havent started buying yet. (namely 20th Century Boys)

The only two figures that I've ever bought: Sorry for the obscene image sizes. They were taken with my phone, though they should be resized by the forums.

Akane.jpg

Kagami.jpg

I plan on buying once I get my job and get out of college. I had a few figurines but ended up giving them away as birthday presents and good bye presents. But yea I plan to collect and keep'm in a glass case and all that jazz when I get the means too. Hopefully when I do my friends won't beg for them and push me to giving them away lol. And just like you I can already tell I won't be able to stop buying them. Sucks to be an impulsive buyer doesn't it?

^ Pretty much sums up my situation and how I feel about figure collecting. Except the part about giving them away. You'd have to be a god damn master of persuasion to convince me to part with the ones I have.

I'll be buying a couple every year though, since I've pretty much decided to always go to Fanime with my college's anime club. This year's Fanime was the first convention I've ever gone to and I can assure you that it definitely won't be the last, nor the only, convention I'll be attending.

• 3 weeks later...

In a month I'll be moving back home with my 'rents for my final year of university. So I packed up the figures I brought with me to my home away from home (as well at the ones I've purchased in the time I was there). The BEST advice I can give to anyone who has massed some collection while living at home/before moving out is to keep your boxes. It'll help prevent damage to your figs. Also, keep boxes in crawl spaces but have them covered or even better yet, in a container to prevent humidity/water from warping and damaging those boxes.

uuhj.jpg

Most of the figs at my second house posted above (save for a fig of Reimu and Patchouli from Touhou series, as well as Faris Nyannyan from Steins:gate).

memj.jpg

sm71.jpg

I've got a bunch more at my home (some pictured above with addition of new ones) back at my rents place but I don't feel like taking a photo of the room because my brother "commandeered" it while I was away because it was the most seclusive/quietest room in the house and is also has the best temperament (cold in the summer, cozy and warm in the winter). So the place is a mess and a lot of my stuff is misplaced around the house. When I move back in fully within a month, I'll see if I can take a pic then. Until, that's just an idea of the set up.

^That's a pretty awesome collection there. Shining Tears/Hearts figures are among my favorites. I envy you how you can display them. I live in a pretty polluted city and dust keeps piling up within a day so I can't display them openly like that. -_-

I'm kinda weak this year. So far only bought Yui and Cryska figma from Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse.

^That's a pretty awesome collection there. Shining Tears/Hearts figures are among my favorites. I envy you how you can display them. I live in a pretty polluted city and dust keeps piling up within a day so I can't display them openly like that. -_-/>/>

I'm kinda weak this year. So far only bought Yui and Cryska figma from Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse.

I have one more of those Shining Tears/Hearts figures (below), I just have to clean out the stuff in my old room before I move back in.

TYKT02600_01.jpg

I've been tempted to buy another one on several occasions throughout the year at conventions but I've yet to do so. We'll see, I've got one coming up in August so I might see another one of Tony's figures to graces the shelves, so to speak :P/>

Commissar Badass, Amazing collection, I'd love to see more pics in some better lighting.

I want that Louise!

There's actully a quite a few more. I've another shelf that runs along another wall, a few that are on my bookshelf as well as a few figmas I've yet to unpack (mostly Persona 4). And sorry bout the camera, it's my camera phone and galaxies are notorious for having poor quality in low lighting conditions (high noise and poor over-flash). Compounded by the fact that it's in the basement, with lower lighting conditions, it makes for some pretty poor photos ):

I've been looking for a Luka figure myself ): I want to buy one but I want it to be one of those larger figures. Forever looking.

I've been tempted to buy another one on several occasions throughout the year at conventions but I've yet to do so. We'll see, I've got one coming up in August so I might see another one of Tony's figures to graces the shelves, so to speak :P

I'm probably getting Xiao Mei and Mistral in the future. They look amazing. What do you think of those?

Damn it, I would have bought the Kotori, Shizuru and Lucia (I'm assuming since I can't really see the face only the uniform) figures you have when I went to Fanime as well if I had the money for it. I opted for just the Akane figure since she's my favorite girl. Also very jealous of your Misaka figure.