20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think I am a chuunibyou?

• EXPLOSION!!!
    • Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • Eek! A normie!

This poll is closed to new votes

Some time ago I watched a anime in which the protagonist and other main character are chuunibyou, while I watched these characters I realized a shocking truth about myself: I may be a hardcore chuunibyou since child:marie:! I reached this conclusion after thinking about my habits from childhood until my current age (18), I will expose them below:

Since child I had very few friends and was somewhat antisocial which foreshadows my future destiny of becoming the greatest mage ever know and so I frequently played alone, one of my favorite (only) "play" was running around like crazy pretending was I one of the characters of my favorite cartoon (which are as far I remember always anime). Another habit I had was when imagining about the next episode I would include a original character (thankfully it was not a self-insert, I swear!) that was kind of a "cool guy". He was badass, looked cool and so on (suddenly I feel embarassed).

I guess this is normal (I hope) for children (at least for lonely ones) although I not sure when I stopped doing this maybe I never stopped, maybe I just changed slowly the habits. I guess my next phase was when I started watching anime on computer, the first anime I watched on computer that wasn't a anime I had watched in my childhood was Zero no Tsukaima (I was around 14 years old at the time). I fell in love Louise. Period. I didn't know the word at the time but she was my waifu:wub: (It's kinda funny how I hated the other heroines for getting in the way and that today I like more of harems). At the time I stayed at my grandmother house on weekdays because it was near school and I went for my actual house on weekends but there was a problem for me: my computer was at my house and so I had nothing to do after school, after all was too old for running around the street (not that this has kept me from walking from one side to the other in the street at night) and so after lunch I went to bed and I imagined scenes that involved hugging and kissing mai waifu and after that I reflected philosophically the lack of meaning of life (whined about the fact I had nothing to do). All this led me to the most embarrassing phrase of my delusions.

Note: Louise was also my first crush... I don't know how to feel about this. 

I hated the world... Or at the least I thought I did, you know bullshit of adolescent. I basically imagined... .... ... ... ... ... (this is quite embarrassing:yumiko:) ... ... myself going to the world of Zero no Tsukaima. Every night before sleep, going in school, mainly in school and so on. I wished very much for it happen to the point it was thing I most thought about these days. But at same time other part of myself said "I going to get over this bullshit one day so I don't need to worry about that". And so this thought of "going to other world" become weaker and weaker but it never died and is a driving force in my delusions and is at the core of it even though I normally don't I thought it directly anymore. I also did get bored of hating the world and I also gained a notebook to use in my grandmother's house so I could keep myself occupied instead of thinking bullshit like the meaning of life.

Now, my next (and current) phase. I guess it was a year before entering high school (although it was the same school from before), while imagining a sequel to Chrono Cross I had a "brilliant" idea: "I will create my own fictional world!" I guess that I was reading too much The Silmarillion at time. At the start my fictional world was a mess mixing up a lot of things from works, after a lot of time thinking, some inspirations, reading history on internet I was able to refine it into something much (I hope) more original. At the time my "going to other world" delusion although weaker than before was stronger than now and it direct influenced me at this process of creating a fictional world and so that fictional world was also a "world that I would rather live". I always imagined it in anime style, with cute girls, with cool powers (kind of a sufficiently analyzed magic), some bits of science fiction, etc. What was I going to do with this fictional world? A book? No way, my writting abilites suck. A light novel? Same. A game using RPG Maker? Hmm, this is actually possible. A visal novel? Maybe I should recruit some fuwans to form a team and launch a kickstarter. If Dharker Studio can do a successful kickstarter why can't I? All I would need to do is slap some boobs and say there will be 18+ patch:makina:. Maybe I should post this setting on Creative Corner someday just for hear what people think of the fictional world I created... but I am too lazy to that. Anyway even though I don't know what to do with it at moment my mind slip to this world frequently principally if I am not in the computer.

Interestingly enough I considered what I did before I created this setting to be possibly sort of chuunibyou. I considered the fictional world some sort of artistic creation (of bad quality) but after watching that anime I realized  some similarities between the way my mind slip to the setting and the way the characters acted, then a shocking thought appeared in my mind "I am chuunibyou". Heck, I even say some weird bullshit to some of my friends and also have a weird habit of whenever I get excited with something be some news, a scene in a anime/visual novel/manga/light novel or some new idea for my setting I go jumping around (which greatly annoys my grandmother).

So how I reacted to this? I was overjoyed. In these years, specially last year, I become more sociable, a bit less weird, more normal, was more friendly to my classmates. I guess this is a good thing but I felt like somehow I had lost someting important. When you walked holding hands with weirdness for a long time it is... weird to be a bit distant from it and so when I realized I may be a chuunibyou it kind of pleased me.

Why I wrote this post? I was just lonely and wanted to tell it to someone Even though I concluded that I am a chuuni I need a confirmation. So after reading all this do you think I am chuunibyou or not? Vote in the pool above! This ended up in a big post, isn't? Thank you very much for reading until the end:wafuu:.

Haha, I'm kind of like that too. I don't have any carefully crafted world I imagine, but I often wish I was an exorcist fighting akuma or something xD I wish there was some kind of clear-cut purpose for me in this world, and everything was separated into black and white, evil and good... the real world is too damn grey and boring.

Whenever i read similiar posts, i always have something to say (for unknown reason :makina:)

At evening when i get down to my bed is my favorite time of the day. I think about various bullshit (past, present, future, and even imaginary like you). It definitely is not anything to worry or be bashful of, you are just sorting your thoughts. Maybe it is a reason for my sleepiness xD. And i somehow made a hobby of sleeping :wahaha:.  

I read various shit on the interenet that when you practice, you can control your dreams (maybe if you knew that back then, your world would be better :P ). And i even can control them to some extent. But you better dont do it, or remember your dreams, it can get you hooked on and you will be daydreaming the whole day, because it is so nice in dreams (definitely not suggesting anything).

PS: I like people who are able to write a book about anything, just like this post :wahaha:, probably because it s similiar to me. If i don t stop myself, i would write over 2 pages of this forum.

No, you're not chuunibyou... You're experiencing "resonance" and slowly awakening to the truth of the world. But the process is not irreversible unless you have encountered those who lurk in the shadows... So as long as you don't encounter them, you will be able to live your life suppressing these feelings and dismissing them as mere adolescent delusions. I pray that you will be able to find peace in place of those whose hands have already been stained with blood...

8 minutes ago, MayoeruHitori said:

No, you're not chuunibyou... You're experiencing "resonance" and slowly awakening to the truth of the world. But the process is not irreversible unless you have encountered those who lurk in the shadows... So as long as you don't encounter them, you will be able to live your life suppressing these feelings and dismissing them as mere adolescent delusions. I pray that you will be able to find peace in place of those whose hands have already been stained with blood...

Oh that s right, you will be happy if you don t encounter a person that will affect you in some way.

I can actually confirm that, because i have encountered one or more of them, and despite that they didn t directly change me, i ve been affected. And from then, i sometimes have a bad habit of affecting others, for better or for worse

1 hour ago, ExtraMana said:

Normie's reeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

4Loogz4.png

MY LIFE IS OVER!!!

32 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Whenever i read similiar posts, i always have something to say (for unknown reason :makina:)

At evening when i get down to my bed is my favorite time of the day. I think about various bullshit (past, present, future, and even imaginary like you). It definitely is not anything to worry or be bashful of, you are just sorting your thoughts. Maybe it is a reason for my sleepiness xD. And i somehow made a hobby of sleeping :wahaha:.  

I read various shit on the interenet that when you practice, you can control your dreams (maybe if you knew that back then, your world would be better :P ). And i even can control them to some extent. But you better dont do it, or remember your dreams, it can get you hooked on and you will be daydreaming the whole day, because it is so nice in dreams (definitely not suggesting anything).

Seems kinda similar when I wake up too early (in other words: when I have something to do that I didn't what to do) what I do first is try to remember what I need to do (eat, brush teeth, and so on) but I can't remember what to do even though is such simple things and a lot of weird (and stupid) thoughts cross my head and when I finally I remember what to do is like I am inside a game, I keep imagining interfaces, thinking what is the next move and so on until I finally wake up totally.

Dreams, huh? I almost always have weird dreams with a lot of things mixed up that I get confused when I woke up... Maybe someday I should write a post about them:sacchan:! I had two dreams in which I realized that I was dreaming and was kinda cool but practice to control them seems a bother to someone lazy like me.

35 minutes ago, MayoeruHitori said:

23 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Oh that s right, you will be happy if you don t encounter a person that will affect you in some way.

I can actually confirm that, because i have encountered one or more of them, and despite that they didn t directly change me, i ve been affected. And from then, i sometimes have a bad habit of affecting others, for better or for worse

I have tried to meet one of them but it seems they are somewhat rare in my country.

52 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

PS: I like people who are able to write a book about anything, just like this post :wahaha:, probably because it s similiar to me. If i don t stop myself, i would write over 2 pages of this forum.

Yeah, I know that. I could have written more such how my worldview, ideologies and beliefs influenced my setting and so on but I guess I will save that to the day I decide to post about it... Hey! This post is already too large.

6 hours ago, Caio000 said:

Some time ago I watched a anime in which the protagonist and other main character are chuunibyou, while I watched these characters I realized a shocking truth about myself: I may be a hardcore chuunibyou since child:marie:! I reached this conclusion after thinking about my habits from childhood until my current age (18), I will expose them below:

Since child I had very few friends and was somewhat antisocial which foreshadows my future destiny of becoming the greatest mage ever know and so I frequently played alone, one of my favorite (only) "play" was running around like crazy pretending was I one of the characters of my favorite cartoon (which are as far I remember always anime). Another habit I had was when imagining about the next episode I would include a original character (thankfully it was not a self-insert, I swear!) that was kind of a "cool guy". He was badass, looked cool and so on (suddenly I feel embarassed).

I guess this is normal (I hope) for children (at least for lonely ones) although I not sure when I stopped doing this maybe I never stopped, maybe I just changed slowly the habits. I guess my next phase was when I started watching anime on computer, the first anime I watched on computer that wasn't a anime I had watched in my childhood was Zero no Tsukaima (I was around 14 years old at the time). I fell in love Louise. Period. I didn't know the word at the time but she was my waifu:wub: (It's kinda funny how I hated the other heroines for getting in the way and that today I like more of harems). At the time I stayed at my grandmother house on weekdays because it was near school and I went for my actual house on weekends but there was a problem for me: my computer was at my house and so I had nothing to do after school, after all was too old for running around the street (not that this has kept me from walking from one side to the other in the street at night) and so after lunch I went to bed and I imagined scenes that involved hugging and kissing mai waifu and after that I reflected philosophically the lack of meaning of life (whined about the fact I had nothing to do). All this led me to the most embarrassing phrase of my delusions.

Note: Louise was also my first crush... I don't know how to feel about this. 

I hated the world... Or at the least I thought I did, you know bullshit of adolescent. I basically imagined... .... ... ... ... ... (this is quite embarrassing:yumiko:) ... ... myself going to the world of Zero no Tsukaima. Every night before sleep, going in school, mainly in school and so on. I wished very much for it happen to the point it was thing I most thought about these days. But at same time other part of myself said "I going to get over this bullshit one day so I don't need to worry about that". And so this thought of "going to other world" become weaker and weaker but it never died and is a driving force in my delusions and is at the core of it even though I normally don't I thought it directly anymore. I also did get bored of hating the world and I also gained a notebook to use in my grandmother's house so I could keep myself occupied instead of thinking bullshit like the meaning of life.

Now, my next (and current) phase. I guess it was a year before entering high school (although it was the same school from before), while imagining a sequel to Chrono Cross I had a "brilliant" idea: "I will create my own fictional world!" I guess that I was reading too much The Silmarillion at time. At the start my fictional world was a mess mixing up a lot of things from works, after a lot of time thinking, some inspirations, reading history on internet I was able to refine it into something much (I hope) more original. At the time my "going to other world" delusion although weaker than before was stronger than now and it direct influenced me at this process of creating a fictional world and so that fictional world was also a "world that I would rather live". I always imagined it in anime style, with cute girls, with cool powers (kind of a sufficiently analyzed magic), some bits of science fiction, etc. What was I going to do with this fictional world? A book? No way, my writting abilites suck. A light novel? Same. A game using RPG Maker? Hmm, this is actually possible. A visal novel? Maybe I should recruit some fuwans to form a team and launch a kickstarter. If Dharker Studio can do a successful kickstarter why can't I? All I would need to do is slap some boobs and say there will be 18+ patch:makina:. Maybe I should post this setting on Creative Corner someday just for hear what people think of the fictional world I created... but I am too lazy to that. Anyway even though I don't know what to do with it at moment my mind slip to this world frequently principally if I am not in the computer.

Interestingly enough I considered what I did before I created this setting to be possibly sort of chuunibyou. I considered the fictional world some sort of artistic creation (of bad quality) but after watching that anime I realized  some similarities between the way my mind slip to the setting and the way the characters acted, then a shocking thought appeared in my mind "I am chuunibyou". Heck, I even say some weird bullshit to some of my friends and also have a weird habit of whenever I get excited with something be some news, a scene in a anime/visual novel/manga/light novel or some new idea for my setting I go jumping around (which greatly annoys my grandmother).

So how I reacted to this? I was overjoyed. In these years, specially last year, I become more sociable, a bit less weird, more normal, was more friendly to my classmates. I guess this is a good thing but I felt like somehow I had lost someting important. When you walked holding hands with weirdness for a long time it is... weird to be a bit distant from it and so when I realized I may be a chuunibyou it kind of pleased me.

Why I wrote this post? I was just lonely and wanted to tell it to someone Even though I concluded that I am a chuuni I need a confirmation. So after reading all this do you think I am chuunibyou or not? Vote in the pool above! This ended up in a big post, isn't? Thank you very much for reading until the end:wafuu:.

I doubt chuunibyou would admit personally that they're one, so regarding that I would say you are safe. When I was a child I fell in love with Kairi from digimon for some reason, although that was the only time I ever did that, many people fall in love with fictional characters including grown-ups so who cares.

11 hours ago, Caio000 said:

I have tried to meet one of them but it seems they are somewhat rare in my country.

You will find them easier online. It is not a big chance to meet one IRL. The one that i met was probably some kind of person that has a YOLO life motive, but kinda other way around. Instead of "You only live once", it was "You only live online". Ridiculous, ikr