Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na -Brighter than the Dawning Blue- 100% patch released

Decay

24 minutes ago, Baldur said:

Anyway, erengy posted this on reddit:

Reveal hidden contents

"I wish linktriforce007 had at least contacted me before releasing this semi-official patch, but I shouldn't complain. The project has been on-hold for more than two years now, because of me. Between my work, personal life and other ambitions, I just couldn't get myself to finish it. When I had the motivation, I didn't have the time. When I had the time, I chose to work on other projects... and here we are.
Throughout the years, there were many people sending me emails and tweets, asking for status updates or kindly offering their help. While I did reply to most of them, I eventually stopped. Yoake has always been on my mind, I hate leaving things unfinished, and constantly being asked about it made things worse. I apologize if some people felt like I ignored them.
Regarding this patch, please note that Wreathlit, Midori and Estel's routes, Feena's true route, and the extra stories haven't gone through full QC and don't have their images translated, unless someone has done some additional work before releasing it.
Edit: I assumed that this patch was at least based on the latest revision of our SVN repository, but as it turns out, it's just the patch that I distributed to our team on 2013-09-21 for testing purposes. Our main editor, Sheeta, made huge amounts of changes to the scripts after that. It's better than nothing, it should be readable, but I wouldn't advise anyone but the most curious to use this patch."

"I do intend to finish everything and release a complete patch. This has always been the case. It's been a long time, but I never gave up on Yoake. That being said, you don't finish anything with mere intentions. In that regard, since I recently left my job (or rather, one of my jobs) in order to pursue other things, I was planning to take some time to work on things I left unfinished.
To be clear, I'm pretty sure that people could read and enjoy it as is. Just be aware that this patch doesn't include everything our team has done; it's just an old internal patch being leaked".

So I guess this means it's adviced to wait a bit longer for a better patch?! Hmm, I wonder if this dude can be trusted considering he didn't touch the project for two years. But it would be good to have at least the latest patch from the SVN repository.

Anyway, the semi-official release at least seems to have got things rolling again, since some people seem to be willing to give this version some finishing touches now.

17 minutes ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

Moonlight Cradle is like you said, a sequal, thus a new game. This doesn't mean it's only partially pachted, THIS game is fully patched now.

I know. It is just me, who never read a translated VN  that have a untranslated sequel, because i do a one point of view by all game in series. I used to read something fully, even if it is not so good at the end. Still if it is good, i can read on jap, like daitoshokan. But i never read on japanese something that i dislike...just can't force yourself with that because it's not so easy for me to even read that languege. Sooo, i hope you get what i mean. Yeah, i know it is silly...:vinty:

And it is diffrent when you drop in the begining, or after first game...

Also, some people doesn't have a options, and will be stuck forever without continuation even if it right here and right now, but you can't touch it...Am i wrong if i think something like this is frustrating ? Because of this, it is partial patch, by my point of view.

2 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

I know. It is just me, who never read a translated VN  that have a untranslated sequel, because i do a one point of view by all game in series. I used to read something fully, even if it is not so good at the end. Still if it is good, i can read on jap, like daitoshokan. But i never read on japanese something that i dislike...just can't force yourself with that because it's not so easy for me to even read that languege. Sooo, i hope you get what i mean. Yeah, i know it is silly...:vinty:

And it is diffrent when you drop in the begining, or after first game...

Also, some people doesn't have a options, and will be stuck forever without continuation even if it right here and right now, but you can't touch it...Am i wrong if i think something like this is frustrating ? Because of this, it is partial patch, by my point of view.

I think I kinda get where you're coming from.

English isn't your first language I see. What is?

52 minutes ago, ChaosRaven said:

So I guess this means it's adviced to wait a bit longer for a better patch?! Hmm, I wonder if this dude can be trusted considering he didn't touch the project for two years. But it would be good to have at least the latest patch from the SVN repository.

Anyway, the semi-official release at least seems to have got things rolling again, since some people seem to be willing to give this version some finishing touches now.

What he's saying does check out. I noticed before posting this thread that the scripts were dated to some point in September 2013, and they were still posting progress updates after that (only announcing the completion of editing in 2014). Maybe this patch will spur Erengy into actually finishing it.

Incidentally, I'm one of the people who emailed him offering assistance on the stuff left undone. He never responded.

1 hour ago, Baldur said:

I don't know if H scenes could be easily reintroducted, you should ask that to people who have the skills. Obviously, you wouldn't have H scenes in the new routes.

Anyway, erengy posted this on reddit:

Reveal hidden contents

"I wish linktriforce007 had at least contacted me before releasing this semi-official patch, but I shouldn't complain. The project has been on-hold for more than two years now, because of me. Between my work, personal life and other ambitions, I just couldn't get myself to finish it. When I had the motivation, I didn't have the time. When I had the time, I chose to work on other projects... and here we are.
Throughout the years, there were many people sending me emails and tweets, asking for status updates or kindly offering their help. While I did reply to most of them, I eventually stopped. Yoake has always been on my mind, I hate leaving things unfinished, and constantly being asked about it made things worse. I apologize if some people felt like I ignored them.
Regarding this patch, please note that Wreathlit, Midori and Estel's routes, Feena's true route, and the extra stories haven't gone through full QC and don't have their images translated, unless someone has done some additional work before releasing it.
Edit: I assumed that this patch was at least based on the latest revision of our SVN repository, but as it turns out, it's just the patch that I distributed to our team on 2013-09-21 for testing purposes. Our main editor, Sheeta, made huge amounts of changes to the scripts after that. It's better than nothing, it should be readable, but I wouldn't advise anyone but the most curious to use this patch."

"I do intend to finish everything and release a complete patch. This has always been the case. It's been a long time, but I never gave up on Yoake. That being said, you don't finish anything with mere intentions. In that regard, since I recently left my job (or rather, one of my jobs) in order to pursue other things, I was planning to take some time to work on things I left unfinished.
To be clear, I'm pretty sure that people could read and enjoy it as is. Just be aware that this patch doesn't include everything our team has done; it's just an old internal patch being leaked".

Adding them back in is probably too much work because the h-scenes were replaced with new scenes. Example, there's a scene in Mai's route where she says she'll give you a reward for helping her do gardening work at the school. If you look at the galleries you'll realize what that reward ends up being, but in the 15+ version it ends up being something entirely different. 

Just now, Chuee said:

Adding them back in is probably too much work because the h-scenes were replaced with new scenes. Example, there's a scene in Mai's route where she says she'll give you a reward for helping her do gardening work at the school. If you look at the galleries you'll realize what that reward ends up being, but in the 15+ version it ends up being something entirely different. 

Oh, so they completely changed the scenes, adding new ones? That's good to hear.

12 minutes ago, Kabu said:

My only question is, is it good enough to actually read and understand as is? Or would it be better to just push it back and wait a while?

If there's a better version coming out later, then just wait. You didn't even know the full patch was a thing until today, no need to suddenly get impatient now.

Just now, Decay said:

If there's a better version coming out later, then just wait. You didn't even know the full patch was a thing until today, no need to suddenly get impatient now.

I'm not trying to come across as impatient and I apologize if I was. I was just curious about the quality really.

I don't really know how these scripts differ from the 2014 partial patch I read, but while that one was completely readable and didn't feel inaccurate or anything, it honestly felt a little bit dull, as if it lacked any color or humor.

From what I can tell, this new patch is mostly along those same lines. 

28 minutes ago, Kabu said:

My only question is, is it good enough to actually read and understand as is? Or would it be better to just push it back and wait a while?

Erengy answered your question in Chaosraven's quote above:

It's better than nothing, it should be readable, but I wouldn't advise anyone but the most curious to use this patch.

2 hours ago, Decay said:

There's probably not a better patch coming, so it's a real question. Erengy hasn't said anything that he hasn't been saying for the past 3 years, there's no real reason to expect a different result this time.

42 minutes ago, Noumi Kudryavka said:

My Japanese isn't good enough to get this yet. I'm getting this every time a day passes.

Reveal hidden contents

8JvRVyf.png?1

Something about Data and the CD-ROM

"Error saving data."

"It is possible that you don't have enough disk space."

4 minutes ago, Flaemes said:

"Error saving data."

"It is possible that you don't have enough disk space."

Ah, thanks! That explains it. I still had the saves this morning, but not the CG. Just an easy quick skip fixed that, but it I don't think it would save it if I closed that game again.

1 minute ago, Decay said:

Or maybe it's possible that he's trying to save to a read-only directory.

This message only started popping up after I put in the 100% "patch"

Edit: The routes' CG from the official 50% partial patch and all saved data from that 50% patch don't disappear.

I see, then good luck to you here, Tamaki Sakura for your project here. Oh, and I still remember that you confessed you had problem with your liver here. Take care of your health too, okay. And my comment to Erengy post here would be so it's true that Erengy here was too occupied with real life (I said that he was too busy to QC-ing his need in real life there). Can't be help here I guess, and speaking about extra scenes, it was indeed translated and I didn't had any problem with the translation here so far. One more thing, looks like August here decided to do the same thing as Eiyuu Senki here in regard of porting to console, changing the H-Scenes to something appropriate there.

As promised, I'll give some info from the seiyuu in regard of Yoake, but before that let me tell the premise here. So the premise goes like our MC was live in the city where there's a way to the moon, and the moon was had some civilization. The story was begin when the daughter of moon's ruler (Or I better said the princess of the moon) decided to had homestay at the MC (Tatsuya) house, and from there we'll had many situation like in most of romantic comedy anime. Just expect charage if you want to enjoy this like Decay said, and for more info here this VN also had anime adaptation (Which other than cabbage drawing, it's drawing was not so good compared to the game).

Okay, for the cast this time I'll just tell from the heroines only. But for the seiyuu outside the heroines we had Asakawa Yuu (Rider from Fate/Stay Night, Shinonome Satsuki from Koichoco, Kawakami Momoyo from Majikoi) and Nakata Jouji (Kotomine Kirei from Fate/Stay Night) here. For the heroine, we had:

1. Feena fam Earthlight - Our moon princess who had homestay in MC house. She was very interested to Earth culture, and therefore decided to had homestay in Tatsuya house. Also quite skilled in using sword according to VNDB. For the seiyuu, her name is Nabatame Hitomi (Kunihiro Hinata from Noble Works, Aoi Sena from Chaos Head, Tonami Yuma from ToHeart 2, and Nanashi from Duel Savior), and here her range was more subdue ie different from what I knew.
  2. Takamizawa Natsuki - I had 2 comments about her. First I like her uniform from her store (By the way, her dad owned Italy restaurant which located beside MC house), and second her cooking was awesome, so much that she managed to made a burnt salad in anime (I mean, why Natsuki need to cook salad ingredients when for salad recipe usually you didn't need to cooking it). Oh, she was worked as waitress in her dad restaurant and she also Tatsuya classmate here (Also Tatsuya childhood friend as well). Her seiyuu name is Kaibara Elena, and her role in translated VN was Shiina Miyako from Majikoi, Putina from Osadai, and Shiratori Mizuha from G-Senjou no Maou. And if you want more role, she was also seiyuu for Mangagamer recently announced otome (Boukaku) MC there.
  3. Hozumi Sayaka - Acting director for moon museum, and act as sort of head family for Tatsuya because both of his family was not at his house (His dad disappear and his mom was passed away). Actually she is Tatsuya's cousin, but she was called big sister by Tatsuya. For her seiyuu, it was Motoyama Mina, who had role in translated VN as Leica Crusade from Demonbane, Kan'u from Koihime Musou, and Naya from Seinarukana.
  4. Asagiri Mai - Tatsuya little sister, ans she was club president for flute club (Or Wind Instrumental Club as game said). Her seiyuu was Agumi Oto/Gotou Mai, and her role in VN was Angelina from Katahane, Hayama Mizuki from ef, Euphoria from Seinarukana, and Takekawa Benio from Comyu.
  5. Mia Clements - Feena maid who accompany her from the moon. She was sort of quite clumsy and had short height, also she respected Feena so much that she insist to sleep at separated room even though Feena said it's okay if Mia sleeping in Feena's room, For her seiyuu, it was the case of 'The Danza' trope because the seiyuu name was same as the character (Naruse Mia). For her role in translated VN, she was Remi from Osadai, Coco from Katahane and Ayaya from Comyu.
  6. Tohyama Midori - One of two new heroine that added for PS2 version iirc. Best friend from Natsuki and clarinet player in school band, and quite energetic as well. Speaking about her family name, right now it remind me of Tohyama Kazuha from Detective Conan. Her seiyuu was Takano Naoko, who as we knew play Kohaku in Carnival Phantasm and Melty Blood (Also Magical Ruby in Fate Ilya). Other than Type Moon work, she was also voicing Saya from Saya no Uta and Hatsune from Kara no Shoujo (And Cartagra as well, duh).
  7. Esteel Fresia - Priestess who work on church and also another heroine that was added on PS2 version. From VNDB description, apparently she always look down on Earth people so she was of course wouldn't be get along with Tatsuya easily. For her seiyuu, her name is Samato Fuuri and her role in VN was Minahoshi Asuho from Hoshizora no Memoria, Wakaba from Katahane, and Rondo Rondo from Comyu.
  8. Wreathlit Noel - Her design remind me Noah from Galaxy Angel trilogy. She was some sort of mysterious girl who didn't like to speak too much. Also she was had some sort of weakness with Sayaka. Her story was spoiler for this VN, so I couldn't said it more here. Wreath seiyuu was Shizuka Itou, who her role in translated VN was Christiane Fredrich from Majikoi, Kousaka Tamaki from ToHeart 2, and Hiiragi Kaede from Duel Savior.

That's all for my character info here. Have fun for playing and discussing this game.