Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na -Brighter than the Dawning Blue- 100% patch released

Decay

gpNaLwX.jpg

Get the patch here. One of the team members was sick of waiting around for erengy to apply the finishing touches and leaked what was done as of nearly 3 years ago to the public. Should be a 100% translation, but does not fully translate all images.

Note that first, you need to download and install the partial patch downloadable here. Apply this to the all-ages "Brighter than Dawning Blue" version of the game, it will not work on the 18+ version. Then copy and paste the files from the 100% patch onto the game directory, overwriting all of the files.

Yoake Mae yori Ruri Iro na is a classic 2005 charage from August, the makers of Aiyoku no Eustia and Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai. The protagonist's cousin has connections that somehow end up with the Princess of the Moon (yes, literally the moon) staying at their home. The all-ages version of the game they chose to translate has a lot of new content including two full-fledged routes that the 18+ version did not have.

So hurrah, the August curse is finally broken. Kinda. Can we give a little leeway for some untranslated images? :P

1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Huh, never even heard of this game, always cool to see translation patches suddenly released though. The art looks very pretty despite being a bit old in style. Might give it a go at some point :miyako: 

August's art, while suffering from a bad case of sameface throughout all of their games, was ahead of its time in style. I get the sense that a lot of eroge ended up copying August, actually. 

2 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

I disliked what little I played of it, to be honest, but I do remember being rather demotivated at the fact that the routes I wanted weren't translated. I'll give it another try, at some point.

Now that I think about it, this is the only 6 I ever rated a non-nukige VN with, huh?

If you disliked it, then why did it still get a good score? :huh:

2 minutes ago, Decay said:

If you disliked it, then why did it still get a good score? :huh:

Because this scoring system only applies to me. Other people may view 5 as average, but I...! Do too, actually.

It's just because I didn't think it was average. I thought it was decent, actually.
I enjoyed the first route but by the time I came to the second the drama they were employing as well as tropes and overall logic infuriated me too much to continue, which is why it got a 6.

Basically, I liked my experience up until the point where I ragequit. I trust the VN to employ other tropes and ideas for other routes, making it good again, I just need to bring myself to finish the route I dislike.

3 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Wow they released it, iirc didn't the translator get married or something so they had to halt progress :wahaha:.

Guess they made some time, really cool of them to finish it:sachi:.

You're probably thinking of something else. The translation has been finished for years now, actually. The last modified date on the scripts is from late 2013. It was held up in image editing and some very minor tech/hacking stuff, and the guy responsible for that was too lazy to finish it, for years. One of the people on the team leaked the patch to reddit in frustration. It's not exactly "finished."

Premise:

The story is set in very distant future, in a time when mankind is just recovering from decades of war fought between Earth and a terraformed Moon. The war was so devastating that it set technological progress back by decades if not centuries, which is why the settings don’t look futuristic. Although the world is now at peace, there continues to be distrust between the Sphere Kingdom (Moon) and the Earth Federation. Travel between the two is restricted for diplomatic purposes and confined to a single spaceport on Earth.

Damn, that sounds great! Scrolling down....

11577.jpg

Oh, another school based bullshit charage. Move along, nothing to see here... Or at least I will wait for your eventual story containing superlatives. Sigh.

My understanding is that all of the routes are translated, but some background images still have japanese text. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I'm may pick this one up later, depending on what I hear about it. I'm not exactly partial to charage, and if it's mostly school comedy I'm not touching it. With that said, I'm quite interested in August's work and I would like to give one of their games a shot, just out of curiosity. 

All ages, huh. Welp, gonna play side-by-side jap 18+ and eng 15+ versions. After  experience with Eien no Aselia, this will be too easy. :makina:

Question to someone who played it - does it have post nukige scene ? For easier tracking where they should be. Or they even butchered any mentions about them ?