Project LUX: new Spicy Tails (creators of World End Economica) game coming

Sadly, I don't read moon runes, so I have no idea what they're saying about it either on Twitter or their website, aside from "Virtual Reality Story". The announcement tweet got retweeted by Sekai Project really quickly, and of course they brought over World End Economica (or, you know, mostly brought it over...) so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they're picking it up for an English release. Whatever it is.

http://spicy-tails.net/index2.html

CnkRNKJVYAAsoLB.jpg:large

• 8 months later...

I didn't see it posted elsewhere (I probably just missed it), but just so it's in this thread too:

• The game is actually going to be VR, though it will support a non-VR mode for plebes like me.
  • Sekai Project has long-since been confirmed to be handling the US release.
  • The English release is coming out really soon, on March 31st 2017

I absolutely believe this is a very interesting experiment, and it adds and interesting element of "interaction" to the traditional Visual Novel format.
Imagine the short stories that could be told where you were not only in control of the actions, choices, but also the camera?

It could also go and diverge wildly, but I think it's really fascinating.

11 hours ago, Mr Poltroon said:

I absolutely believe this is a very interesting experiment, and it adds and interesting element of "interaction" to the traditional Visual Novel format.

The thing is it's not a visual novel, not even close. It's an interactive movie at best, or even an adventure game. Btw, it has been removed from VNDB.

Edited by trickzzter

2 hours ago, trickzzter said:

The thing is it's not a visual novel, not even close. It's an interactive movie at best, or even an adventure game. Btw, it has been removed from VNDB.

Alright. Permit me to appease the raging mobs. The following line is an addendum to the one you quote:

...therefore becoming something entirely different, and somewhat new.

43 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

Alright. Permit me to appease the raging mobs. The following line is an addendum to the one you quote:

...therefore becoming something entirely different, and somewhat new.

Except it didn't get there by adding to the VN format like you suggest, since it never even attempted to utilize any aspect of the VN format at all. 

I don't think this even qualifies as an interactive movie, as far as I know there aren't any real interactive elements to it, aside from the ability to pivot the camera by moving your head around. There are already VR apps like that for oculus and vive, so this isn't really even anything new.

Edited by Decay

7 hours ago, Decay said:

Except it didn't get there by adding to the VN format like you suggest, since it never even attempted to utilize any aspect of the VN format at all. 

I don't think this even qualifies as an interactive movie, as far as I know there aren't any real interactive elements to it, aside from the ability to pivot the camera by moving your head around. There are already VR apps like that for oculus and vive, so this isn't really even anything new.

Blast these bleeding chavs, striking right where it hurts.

Yeah, sure, you're right. I was thinking it was kind of like School Days, having both visuals and text, but that kind of applies to just about most things. The difference here is that you're first person and can move the camera about.

I think a mix of this and choices, or even without choices, can make for some very interesting short stories. It's therefore new to me, as I'd never even though of coupling this technology with all my favourite Chinese cartoons.