Help, Extracting/Compressing VN

I decided to create an account just for this one because I really want to learn how to extract files from VN to make use of them for translating script, editing image and then compressing it back. I'm currently an ongoing second year college student, so maybe is it to early for me? I don't really know what to do or where to start so if you can atleast guide me what to learn maybe first or where to start.

I already read so many topics but still some people say that extracting the game sometimes need to create your own tool, so basically means coding, to extract and compress it back but for some, depends on the file extension of the game (like .pack, .arc, .ini, .xp3, etc.) providing an already made tools for extracting the game.

I have an atleast quite maybe enough knowledge about coding. As embarrassing as it is, I just learned C language but not fully master it yet, and Assembly language (I'm confident enough with this). I knew it's not enough maybe I just no-good person but really, I want to learn it. Please help. Thanks.

I'm not a native English speaker, so sorry about the grammatical error/s if any.