Coup (attempt?) in Turkey

16 minutes ago, KuroganeHomura said:

Seems a bit early to say. Does look like they didn't have enough support to do a clean coup, but it's looking pretty likely things are going to get violent.

24 minutes ago, Rooke said:

It doesn't look like enough of the military backed the coup attempt.

Would not go to conclusuions yet since right now is just both sides propoganda. Also seeing as how erdo had to flee via plane wondering how this will all play out. He without a  doubt has some supporters though.

Here is fox turkey though https://www.canlitvizle.io/fox-turkiye

33 minutes ago, spademan said:

Would not go to conclusuions yet since right now is just both sides propoganda. Also seeing as how erdo had to flee via plane wondering how this will all play out. He without a  doubt has some supporters though.

Here is fox turkey though https://www.canlitvizle.io/fox-turkiye

He just arrived in Istanbul. Coup was poorly handled. They didn't get control of media, and don't appear to have gotten any gov't officials that matter. 

18 minutes ago, hahiru said:

Wouldn't it be worse if Erdogan gets coup'd?

Normally , i would say that  it would be worse , but its Erdogan   we talking about here, i am pretty sure he is going to become more  Authoritarianism  , because of the coup.

The more I read up on it, the more it looks like political theater...  If I had to guess, Erdogan staged it in order to get rid of secularist generals who oppose his policies on a personal level, given recent trend.

1 hour ago, havoc said:

Yeah chance of it being theatre is pretty big and before we know it erdogan has become a full blown dicatator. (and we want to let that madman into the EU?)
lets just hope he does not cause a second Armenian genocide.

More likely, he is going to join forces with Assad and form a dictators' confederation, lol

Incidentally, nice avatar... I really wish they'd make more Crest/Banner anime...

Edit: Now he's blaming it all on a cleric in exile... oh well, at least he has creativity on his side.

Erdoğan is gonna use this as leverage to boost his conversion of Turkey into a theocratic dictatorship. Just nuke the whole thing from orbit at this point. Kthx.

Fuck my fucking life, thank fuck I can get the fuck outta here for university. I'm agitated, angry, sad, and afraid as hell. Fucking shit. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. 

Fucking hell. Erdoğan can't be stopped now. I'm not so angry that they tried a coup as much as that they failed, because the fact that the army lost this gamble means that the country is practically fully Erdoğan's puppet now. Fuck this whole fucking nation and its dictator-loving, Islamist barbarians. 

turkey is fucked.  Military could of executed  better, but not much you can do with erdo calling for citizens to take to the streets. As far as it potentially being staged, its possible however erdogan needed to die and this looks like the route they went with it. Either way  looks like this will be the catalyst for him to completely take over turkey with some bs enabling act.  Erdogan is going to try to purge his army now and continue to fill it with radical Islamist extremists.  Hello reichstag/ ottoman empire v2.

As this Islamic extremism continues to infect many countries it seems like our only option left is for the U.S is to have trump for president.

1 hour ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Are you guys from Turkey?

I am. 

1 hour ago, Narcosis said:

I'm tired of this bullshit. Seems like people nowadays have nothing better to do than constantly kindle conflicts.

You don't know the slightest about being tired of this particular bullshit, trust me

Man there're so many misinformation in this thread that I had to register for sharing some true ones.

First of all,  the military DIDN'T backed up this coup attempt, it didn't happen for getting rid of the erdogan and making a new democratic president etc. It wasn't some classic coup attempt for democracy, it was more like a terrorist attack which is trying to change the president with an even more Islamist extremist than erdogan with force, using their last connections at the air & armored forces. Land and the naval forces definitely didn't backed up this coup and had no idea what the fuck is happening, but they couldn't act immediately because they took commander of the turkish armed forces as a hostage and this broke all the order and command chain for a while. This is why the "all" country tried to stop this shit, even the anti-erdogan folks were at the street last night. I hate erdogan as much as you guys, but if this coup was succesful turkey would be Iran in just a week so there wasn't any more favourable ending in this shit.  Well this country is already doomed, but considering the other outcome this was slightly better for the turkish people.

14 minutes ago, WinterfuryZX said:

Is the situation already that bad with islamists? Are they forcing everyone to participate in ramadam, forcing women to wear crap on their head etc?

Nope dude what the fuck, its definitely not that bad. Its more like opening more religious schools etc, there isn't any force like that for sure. We are not arabs mate, its just that erdogan is using islam for getting votes from the muslim people, there isn't any influence at the normal life. 

Just now, WinterfuryZX said:

It happened in Iran after the "revolution", race doesen't have anything to do with this.

You are right about that, it was my mistake sorry. In short things are not like that at here for sure, we have lots of brothels, bars etc and at least 30-40% of the teenagers are not muslims anyway.  Well its still a pretty shitty place, but at least not that much.