Nolstalgic Music?

spademan

after hearing a track during a music comp i was listening too, I found myself closing my eyes and just thinking back to all the good times I had with this song. I know we all have some songs, that when heard just make you want to close your eyes, and think about all those lvl grinding, pvp battles or whatever you did back then. Songs can be from anywhere, but really looking for music from games, anime,movies,etc. BUT we all have different memories and what not so post whatever and let's take a nice ride down memory lane.  Here's the one I heard, I'll add more as i think

They don't make anime like this anymore.

I know the colorful art above doesn't fit the song, so here's the original cover from the japanese version:

ulysse31_jp_cover.jpg

This particular fragment was used in what was propably one of the best episodes in the entire series.

ulysses31_15_before_the_flood.png

If you haven't seen Ulysses 31 yet, I'd highly recommend watching it; it's a cult classic sci-fi/space opera based on Homer's epic poem.

i know what mine is. take yourself back to 1991 "but i wasnt born yet."  SHUT UP AND DO IT DAMMIT!!

in home game consoles had hit an all time high in sales and enjoyment. with the success of nintendo's previous console the nintendo entertainment system, which saved the video game crash of 1983, they were ready to debut their latest and ground breaking invention. The Super Nintendo Entertainment System. not only was it an innovation to home consoles around the world, but its line up of games were superb as well. with games coming out such as donkey kong country, super mario kart, street fighter 2, the legend of zelda: a link to the past. it was unbelievable the amount of games with so much variety coming out. but the one that started it all, can never be forgotten.

gamers all over the world had booted up their snes for the first time and for most of them, they were greeted with this! vibrant colors and clear music of likes they had never seen. what lied ahead was an adventure with your new friend yoshi, to save the land from an evil king and save its princess. many secrets lied ahead for its heroes, flying, hidden doors and shortcuts, the fun seemed to never end. this is where, for most of us, it all began.

during my childhood,my mother was anti television / anti video games , so i never watched cartoons ,and never played video games,and obviously i dont have memories wich are linked with this kind of stuff.   to be honest i dont really remember this period of my life very well (even if i'm just 17 now ) ...

however, this song always made me nostalgic about my childhood, and about the relationship i had with my father,before my parent divorced ...and my father started acting like a asshole. today i've eventually ceased to talk and see him,and i miss how he was back in the day. it is his favorite song,and i've heard it quite a lot for years...

on a more happy side ,this ost made me remember the best summer holidays i spend , and when i started dating my girlfriend ...