the character traits you dislike the most

Xavier12

Not really "the most", but overtly large eyes always bug me.

(I'm looking at you, Rewrite)

Like, the usual anime eyes, like - say, If my heart has wings, I can deal with.

But when I play Rewrite, the damn eyes are just too... distracting. Like they're just... wrong. They take up half the characters' faces.

7 minutes ago, dfbreezy said:

Tsunderes and glasses girls for me.. i can normally deal with tsunderes because soon they'll be conquered but glasses girls make my eyes twitch. 

Does that mean tsunderes with glasses are unyielding?

I have a love-hate relationship with "overpowered" characters. This refers to both characters who can beat everyone else in a physical fight, as well as things like the Student Council (President) or an unreasonable teacher. 

One hand, I am bothered because it's a "cheap" way to drive the plot into a certain direction. On other though, it feels great to finally beat them at their own game. 

From my experience with VN's thus far, my least favourite traits are heroines with stupidly large breasts (Pettanko for me~ ^_^) and heroines treating the protagonist necessarily cold and hostile for seemingly little to no reason. 'Tsundere' I guess? I'm not entirely sure.

If there's a perfectly good and valid reason for them not liking the protagonist, then fine; whatever. But if it's just them acting that way for the sake of it, it just bothers me.

So far everyone's assumed that the character traits need to belong to heroines yet there's nothing that says we can't complain about protagonists in the OP as it was characters in general, not just heroines.

For me I absolutely can't stand protagonists that have absolutely no redeeming traits yet girls flock to him like he's some kind of god.

Also incredibly mean protagonists that apparently sway heroines to like him (rather than just submit to him) through absurd degradation humiliation rape etc. I can't even read VNs that belong to the latter group any more.

3 minutes ago, Fred the Barber said:

So... Takaaki? The Shuffle! main character drove me nuts for this reason, though.

That's not at all what I mean; Takaaki was a nice guy throughout. He works hard for the girls he likes on the routes so presumably he's as nice to the ones he knows before that too.

I'm talking more the character that just cruises through the whole story and never really does anything for the girls and they flock to him nonetheless. All he has to do is choose a path. Dunno about shuffle as I only ever tried to watch the anime but that seemed about right.

2 minutes ago, ittaku said:

That's not at all what I mean; Takaaki was a nice guy throughout. He works hard for the girls he likes on the routes so presumably he's as nice to the ones he knows before that too.

I'm talking more the character that just cruises through the whole story and never really does anything for the girls and they flock to him nonetheless. All he has to do is choose a path. Dunno about shuffle as I only ever tried to watch the anime but that seemed about right.

Fair enough; I guess I meant that girls kind of land in his lap initially, but you're absolutely right that he then works pretty hard if you actually try to go down a route.

In order of "mild dislike" to "despise", a small pick;

characters who's arrogance that is not backed up by anything, or if it is poorly executed.

character who is only powerful because the plot says it is, without actually backing it up by any "evidence" from action or events in the story.

The arrogant nihilistic chessmaster-y "I am god" type of character.

3 hours ago, Arcadeotic said:

Himederes and tsunderes

Just no a hundred times over

Basically this

And yeah, total asshat protagonists are just awful. Like, world-weariness is fine but just being a Grade A nasty piece of work is not on. Totally clueless protagonists can sod off too.

3 hours ago, TexasDice said:

I have a love-hate relationship with "overpowered" characters. This refers to both characters who can beat everyone else in a physical fight, as well as things like the Student Council (President) or an unreasonable teacher. 

One hand, I am bothered because it's a "cheap" way to drive the plot into a certain direction. On other though, it feels great to finally beat them at their own game. 

is it just me or you're not mentioning a certain trait on purpose? (´・ω・`)