Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy (Future & Despair)

Eclipsed

I can't get into Mirai, it just feels so underwhelming. Ya sure Kirigiri got some nice deduction spotlight, but honestly anybody should've been able to make that conclusion, ie. it didn't really feel Super High School Level Detective worthy. And more of these new characters are ultimately just a 'get a 5 second background clip + die like a badass' fodder. Ya ya, it's anime, limited time, what can ya do.

Writers this whole time are really buying time and sorting out what characters they want to make it to the last couple eps for the grand finale; but so far everything has been FILLER. Idk, I guess I wanted 13 episodes of a DR anime that concluded the series, not 10 episodes of filler and then 3 that will conclude the series.

Despair 9

This is such a nice ending shot of Yukizome-sensei, les' go kick some Despair bois :upupu:

dhttp://i.imgur.com/g6ibO0T.png

Spoiler

I guess it should've been obvious that Yukizome became a Despair, but it felt a bit too easy?? And that Yukizome brainwash/torture scene though ...:yumiko:

In general I think it's a shame. There was alotta hype for everyone who went through DR2 as to just how the cast fell into Despair, and if it really turns out the answer's just 'hurr durr brainwash video', then that's just lame, no intricate long term indoctrination on brilliant mastermind Junko's end:

tumblr_od7ov9U8fR1v9mg6to1_540.png\

Though, I will totally be satisfied if Yukizome kills Chiaki in front of the whole class -> they turn into Despairs :upupu:

If she really is a Despair at this point I guess that also means she is involved in Future's Killing Game to some extent, I don't think she's the mastermind though, it would be too cheap if she also pulls a DR1 Junko 'dies at the beginning' stunt

well at this point DR3 is just memes for me, perhaps Future will be better, but with what little significant buildup the anime provided I felt practically nothing. Seeing that Hinata was not *fully* deleted is about the only meaningful thing Zetsubou added to DR2 for me- it makes the deus ex machina at the end of DR2 a tiny bit less bullshit.

I'm changing my opinion about Danganronpa 3, because after all, only idiots don't change opinions.

I think Danganronpa 3 wasn't a mistake, and while it is filled with many, many errors and mistakes, and a whole lot of despair, it really have some good potential and it's enjoyable, with likely characters and a lot, a lot of murders.

Despair-spoilers.

Spoiler

They fucked up the despair-ification of the 77th class, in my opinion, that scene was extremely powerful, but it felt like they had soo few episode they just craved everything, i also love how this side of the story is both hillarous or extremely sad, i mean, we have both a scene where a guy atomizes the whole school with his shit and a scene where a girl gets penetrated multiple times by hard sticks(No, i'm not crying, i'm not crying... I'M NOT!!!).

The problem is, they tried to develop both the 77th class and the Future foundation members, and Junko happens, it feels like too much rushed, in my opinion, they should've made 3 series, one for the Future foundation, one for the despair class and one for Makoto & friends.

Future-spoilers.

Spoiler

Ah, now we are at the meat of the story, highly inspired by Zero escape this time (i didn't play zero escape so i just put this game so i can sound more convincing :holo: )we get the hopes of humanity trapped and forced to kill each other, as well as the bullshit system responsible for stealing all our hopes and dreams.

The problem is, there's so few mystery, the whole plot consist on Munakata trying to murder everyone, Assahina using her ass for Makoto, the same fire extinguisher used over and over and over, and ofc saving Makoto everytime, people doing stupid shit, Kyoko tasting corpses and people dying mysteriously until the famous moment...i'll talk about it later, because i think it's really important. The characters are really good, i was sad for the Great Gozu and seiko, a bit less for the others, tbh, Juzo and his jealousy towards the new Husbando is sad...Munakata, no matter what i try to do, is a bad character, he's just here because OMG he has a katana and kills everything!

Now, let's serious talk...Kyoko's death...is too fishy, for 3 major reasons in my opinion : We don't have a full shot of the corps, since her gloves hide the hands, and even if we saw her hand, it's burnt like a steak, so it doesn't really matter here, but then, why not showing the whole corpse? why Makoto doesn't turn the head of the body? sure, there's blood flowing through her eye, i get it, but that's even more confusing, this is how you make an ambiguous body, because let's be honest, since they did "show" her dead vers in Makoto's brainwashing, you could say it's over, but that's brainwashing, it doesn't really count, that's the trick, her body is too "clean", and we all know Kodaka, he loves screwing arround with clues and everything.

second reason : The Cure...but is it really a cure for the poison? or a cure for the sleeping thing? we can't say for sure if Cure Waifu can heal the poison, but it can also make Kyoko still awake during the "night", after all, her body moved between the "night" and the moment she was found dead, and we know for sure there's no real attacker, so why showing that? To make everything more ambiguous.

Third reason : the death counter...at episode 10, the death counter is 6, Munakata, Makoto, Asahina, Ryota, the mysterious guy and...who? Tengan? nope when he died the counter got down, another mysterious guy? impossible, Hagakure? He doesn't have a bangle, so his heartbeat isn't monitored (who said Zero Escape?)...we discover in ep 11 Juzo survived, so it would make sense... BUT, the death counter didn't appear in episode 11, and contrary to Re;Zero, they never did that, if they showed the death counter in ep 11, it would've made sense...but Juzo cut his hands, so his heartbeat is not monitored, if they showed "5 survivors" in the intro, it would've made sense, and at that time, all theories would die...once more, Kodaka and the DR staff is keeping Kyoko's death ambiguous, but why?

2 solutions : Kyoko is alive, and did the same thing she did in DR 1, that would be soo much like her, and of course who doesn't dream about that?

Or, Kodaka is using false clues in order to make me write this shit text and this shit theory, and he's tasting all my salt, and Kyoko is definitely ded.

Kyoko's death is the best death of the series, because it had uncover such an interesting mystery...mystery, ultimate detective, everything makes sense. Yep, even if she died like shit, the way they put up everything, and keep the whole death ambiguous, it's really great, really amazing, i fucking hate and like it at the same time.

Oh, what about the revelations and all? you really think i care about the plot? :holo:

Fuck, i wrote too much, this may be the first time i did theory for a shitty plot. :holo: 

so, Despair ended.

I'll give my review tomorrow, when i watch the episode.

Despair EP 11 spoiler

Spoiler

Fuck you Kodaka, putting the two best girls in the same episode, as a TeamKyoko and TeamChiaki in the same time, lemme tell you...thank you! thank you for breaking all my hopes! and thank you for the taunting!