Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak Academy (Future & Despair)

Eclipsed

On 15/07/2016 at 1:57 AM, Eclipsed said:

Oh wow, I didn't catch that :P though I'm thinking it's more referring to this character probably being prominent in the Despair anime which will cover DR2 cast pre-Tragedy.

~~
Btw guys, it's obvious who the perp is,

Reveal hidden contents

It's like, tradition, for the killer to be depicted as some gray nekkid man:
e2Y19qj.jpg (960×544)

And guess who was stealthily drawn as such during his "dramatic shock" expression:
ph6A0Hc.jpg (960×535)

Lel jk, this guy is the Byakuya 2.0, no way this true :3

My reaction watching Future ep. 5, having read this: :o

So yeah, now I totally think you were right because

Spoiler

We saw Seiko dead in the end and Munakata was injecting himself with some kind of transformation drugs. Seems to me like he killed her to get hold of those. Also because of Tengan's comment about sacrificing Yukizome.

There's a theory going around on NeoGAF (can't bother to follow anywhere else) that

Spoiler

the traitor is different for every "night phase". 

Not following either side too closely- Mirai-hen's death game is right up my fucking alley but a 12-episode anime is such a small timeframe that the anime is given barely any pacing, downtime, and atmosphere. Hurt my emotional investment as a result.

Zetsubou-hen's better than I expected, great for what it is. Though I was never all that attached to the whole cast of SDR2, so it isn't getting to me much yet.

Mirai 5

Spoiler

RIP Seiko. :(

3 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

There's a theory going around on NeoGAF (can't bother to follow anywhere else) that

Reveal hidden contents

the traitor is different for every "night phase". 

Not following either side too closely- Mirai-hen's death game is right up my fucking alley but a 12-episode anime is such a small timeframe that the anime is given barely any pacing, downtime, and atmosphere. Hurt my emotional investment as a result.

Zetsubou-hen's better than I expected, great for what it is. Though I was never all that attached to the whole cast of SDR2, so it isn't getting to me much yet.

Mirai 5

Reveal hidden contents

RIP Seiko. :(

I somewhat agree on your point about pacing. Especially in the beginning I felt like Future arc was a little rushed. I'm referring mainly to when the first three victims died so fast, because in the absence of class trials (at least class trials are not in the rules this time), their character justification might be Kirigiri's investigation.

Interesting theory about the attacker being different every time it's nighty-nighty btw. Surely this fact would dawn over someone who thought themselves to be the attacker, when a new attacker is selected?

First half of DR3 Future is a pretty epic flop, lots of very uninteresting murder mystery coupled with half of the new cast ultimately being fodder ie. a complete waste of screentime, but now it seems the latter half is finally setting up for a climactic finale with the rounding up of relevant DR characters

and ermergawd, yeah people should really play or at least know about Ultra Despair Girls so you can fangirl at

Spoiler

these two finally making an appearance!@#w4NNueW.png (813×635)

5 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

First half of DR3 Future is a pretty epic flop, lots of very uninteresting murder mystery coupled with half of the new cast ultimately being fodder ie. a complete waste of screentime, but now it seems the latter half is finally setting up for a climactic finale with the rounding up of relevant DR characters

and ermergawd, yeah people should really play or at least know about Ultra Despair Girls so you can fangirl at

Spoiler

these two finally making an appearance!@#w4NNueW.png (813×635)

not even mad that you fucking spoiled me. FUCK YES

5 hours ago, Riku said:

That's totally it. I mean, be serious guys, on what planet blood is red? It should be pink. I'm sure as hell it's ketchup.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they made a plot twist based off of that, because interestingly enough, a certain ending of Future Ep 1 which had red blood, instead has pink when shown in Despair Ep 1 :sachi: 

7 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

There's some theory going around that every death is fake, except Chisa's because Kyosuke just fucking stabbed him.

I'd die from laughter if true, and then fucking cry because Chisa was great

I'd die from laughter too, then go on to give DR3 a 7/10

~~

Regarding Future Ep 6's ending Hajime & dem army of boats scene, someone pointed out that DR2 foreshadowed this :miyako:

Spoiler

GxHUFN1.jpg (960×541)

On 16/08/2016 at 8:39 PM, Funyarinpa said:

There's some theory going around that every death is fake, except Chisa's because Kyosuke just fucking stabbed him.

I'd die from laughter if true, and then fucking cry because Chisa was great

Assuming every death but Chisa's very recent death is fake can have interesting consequences. I mean, all of the "victims" were investigated by Kirigiri the ultimate detective. There might have to be some trick involved for her to not realise that they are alive when she is examining their "corpses". Or, since we don't know her forbidden action and she haven't shared any of her findings, it isn't unreasonable to speculate that her forbidden action is to reveal what she finds out from her detective work.

2 minutes ago, Riku said:

The two animes are made to be watched at the same time. You start with Future side episode 1, then Despair side episode 1, then Future 2, then Despair 2, etc...

Ok thanks, i have already started to do that but it's like i got a huge spoiler at Despair side episode 1 

Spoiler

Yukizome is the traitor ???

And Monokuma's new voice is un-bear-able , i kind of liked the old one !

3 hours ago, Haruhiro said:

Ok thanks, i have already started to do that but it's like i got a huge spoiler at Despair side episode 1 

Reveal hidden contents

Yukizome is the traitor ???

And Monokuma's new voice is un-bear-able , i kind of liked the old one !

Obviously I don't know if Yukizome truly is the attacker, but I definitely think it's what they want to make you think when they had Munakata stab her. They want us to think "Why else would he stab a person he should care about?". One argument against it, is that if she didn't die until Munakata stabbed her, why did no blood whatsoever flow from her wound when she was stabbed? Certainly one would expect there to be more blood if her heart was pumping and blood flowing through her veins when she was stabbed. That makes it seem like she was already dead for some time.

1 hour ago, B. Ronoue said:

Obviously I don't know if Yukizome truly is the attacker, but I definitely think it's what they want to make you think when they had Munakata stab her. They want us to think "Why else would he stab a person he should care about?". One argument against it, is that if she didn't die until Munakata stabbed her, why did no blood whatsoever flow from her wound when she was stabbed? Certainly one would expect there to be more blood if her heart was pumping and blood flowing through her veins when she was stabbed. That makes it seem like she was already dead for some time.

I carelessly read you post without advancing further in the anime (just watched the episode 1) :)

2 minutes ago, Haruhiro said:

I carelessly read you post without advancing further in the anime (just watched the episode 1) :)

Sorry about that, maybe most of that ought to be in spoiler tags :unsure:

I just figured that this is a thread for discussing what happens in the anime, and so people wouldn't come here to read the discussion if they haven't watched the latest episodes. Still, if you already read enough to know that some people have reason to think Yukizome is the traitor, hopefully you weren't spoiled too horribly? :P

1 minute ago, B. Ronoue said:

Sorry about that, maybe most of that ought to be in spoiler tags :unsure:

I just figured that this is a thread for discussing what happens in the anime, and so people wouldn't come here to read the discussion if they haven't watched the latest episodes. Still, if you already read enough to know that some people have reason to think Yukizome is the traitor, hopefully you weren't spoiled too horribly? :P

Well i didn't read what was written previously but seeing Yukizome in the episode 1 of Despair arc made me dubious ! But like you say it sound too obvious to be the case, well i'm still pretty surprised that he murdered her, i think i'm going to watch some episodes before posting here !

1 minute ago, Haruhiro said:

Well i didn't read what was written previously but seeing Yukizome in the episode 1 of Despair arc made me dubious ! But like you say it sound too obvious to be the case, well i'm still pretty surprised that he murdered her, i think i'm going to watch some episodes before posting here !

As you already know I think it's too early / too little to go on, to proclaim she is the traitor and it's not like they haven't done stuff in previous episodes to make you suspect others - so if that can change this surely can too. What I'm trying to say is that there is plenty to be surprised about even if you know some of what happened to Yukizome in the latest Future arc episode. And I will shut up about those things, don't worry ;)

Zetsubou EP7 is up. Holy shit. Holy fucking shit. Possibly the best episode so far. Holy fuck. That hurt. Holy fuck

Spoiler

the guy that nails the lover's pole into the other lover with the shovel really got to me. Fuck. holy fuck. That "trial end" scene with the mail. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. FUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKK