What was the most annoying music in a VN for you?

ratboi

I do not think that I have played a game that had music that actually caused me irritation. Closest thing to that would be Himouto's OST, but that's an anime. Grisaia and probably some of the Eroge I have played had meh soundtracks, however. (Though Grisaia did have a few good ones, too). 

Most VNs I've played have superb music. Sample here:

The ones that have inferior music don't have bad music in fact, it just doesn't have impact.

Also there's a trick for building a great soundtrack: start putting effort on a main theme and then make spinoffs of it, with different instruments, different keys, different tempos etc. Something good's bound to happen. In Japan you throw a stone and there's an accomplished musician to hit.

13 hours ago, Eclipsed said:

I actually liked this track a lot the first time I heard it, it's one of the better comedy scene tracks IMO. But I'm pretty sick of it by now just because it always plays when that pink blob of annoyingness appears. Chinami is why we can't have nice things.

As for the worst one I've ever heard, it would have to be the H-scene music from Sharin no Kuni. God I'm sick of it.

12 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

The Ikkikoi main menu song, the beginning of it is just despicable to me

At least it's...different. :P And crazy. Crazy tends to be good. It's actually listenable, compared to 95% of VN openings songs. Oh, and it's better with voice, which is extremally rare for japanesse music. ;) 

Sorry for posting right after a post, still didn't figured out how to quote another people into edit of previous post. Gib me my source codes for posts!

1 minute ago, Vorathiel said:

At least it's...different. :P And crazy. Crazy tends to be good. It's actually listenable, compared to 95% of VN openings songs. Oh, and it's better with voice, which is extremally rare for japanesse music. ;) 

Sorry for posting right after a post, still didn't figured out how to quote another people into edit of previous post. Gib me my source codes for posts!

Kill it..Kill it with fire before it lays eggs!:pyaa:

7 hours ago, Okarin said:

Also there's a trick for building a great soundtrack: start putting effort on a main theme and then make spinoffs of it, with different instruments, different keys, different tempos etc. Something good's bound to happen. In Japan you throw a stone and there's an accomplished musician to hit.

I think Muv Luv was the first VN I noticed that did this, and its soundtrack was overall my favorite.