Do you drink green tea?

Forgetful Frank

Hi, everyone!

I've been busy (and still am to come extent) with a bunch of different stuff, so I haven't been as active on the forums as I would have liked to be these few months. This is just a simple random question that popped in my head while I was drinking some, and I was wondering how many of you also drink green tea on a regular basis, and if so, what is your favourite blend? ^_^

Personally, I do drink green tea on a regular basis, have been since last year. I probably don't drink as much water as I should, so I decided to try out green tea to help bring balance to that, to which it has! :sachi:

My favourite so far, is just normal green tea with lemon, although honey and camomile comes quite close. I do enjoy jasmine tea at times also, however my significant other disagrees with my taste on that, saying it tastes like she's drinking perfume to her, to which I can somewhat see what she means, but I happen to like it. :wahaha:

So what about you? What are your favourite blends? I'd love to know, and possibly get some ideas on what different ones I could try sometime.

These are the blends I've tried so far in no particular order:

• Green Tea
  • Lemon
  • Jasmine
  • Honey and Camomile
  • Orange and Lotus Flower

I look forward to reading some of your opinions. I'd like to add that if you haven't tried green tea yet, I would definitely recommend it. Even if you don't drink regular tea (which I do not) you should definitely give it a go if you're interested. Not to mention it's very healthy, especially compared to normal tea where you add milk and sugar. If you're someone like me who struggles to drink a lot of water throughout your day, it's definitely a pretty good viable alternative to ensuring you're properly hydrated and not drinking too much fizzy. :miyako:

I never really enjoyed green tea.. well not until I spent some time in Japan. Green tea was everywhere, so I didn't have much choice but to drink it. It definitely grows on you, to the point that I actually enjoyed it. I drank it plain, just powdered tea and boiling water. I think I'd like your method of adding honey.

I don't drink it when I'm back at home though, it just doesn't feel the same - It could be because it's grown somewhere else, or maybe because it's the teabag version?

I heard it can stain your teeth because of the tannin's, so be careful.

26 minutes ago, kingdomcome said:

I never really enjoyed green tea.. well not until I spent some time in Japan. Green tea was everywhere, so I didn't have much choice but to drink it. It definitely grows on you, to the point that I actually enjoyed it. I drank it plain, just powdered tea and boiling water. I think I'd like your method of adding honey.

I don't drink it when I'm back at home though, it just doesn't feel the same - It could be because it's grown somewhere else, or maybe because it's the teabag version?

I heard it can stain your teeth because of the tannin's, so be careful.

I'd love to try some in Japan, I'm sure it would taste better than what's readily available in our local areas by a landslide. Ah yes, teeth staining from drinking tea, I almost forgot about that. Such a shame, honestly I'm not too bothered by it myself, as I don't really care to have pure unnaturally white teeth, but of course I don't want it stained too bad neither. We definitely have to take that side-effect into account, it's actually recommended to brush your teeth after drinking tea to help combat that.

14 minutes ago, Ariurotl said:

I tried to get into the habit, but it just feels too weak compared to black tea.

I've never actually tried black tea before, I have tried black Italian coffee however. I'll have to give it a go sometime.

Don't drink much tea now. But drank a lot last winter.

I brewed from loose leaves I bought at the local tea and coffee seller.

Usually make a 1.5 liter and put it in a termos can. Then I drink it throughout the day. It's genius. Like having a bottle of coke to drink all day. Just that it actually tastes better.

I recommend just buying many different varieties and drinking them. Usually green tea in stores are added with some kind of flavor. Lemon, fruits or something. They can be pretty good.

The green tea without blends and Matcha powder tends to cost somewhat more if you want it to taste good. I recommend trying them out as well, they can be really good.

Recommend trying out Rooibos as well. It's a different kind of plant than "normal" tea comes from. It's a bit sweeter and has no caffeine, also low in low tannin if you are worried about that.

Oolong is really nice as well.

All tea is nice honestly. People have to drink more tea.

Well I suppose Pu-erh tea is the only one I haven't really liked. Bought it once and it smells like rotten fish. Tastes pretty good though. Smell aside haha.

I only drink this, because of the health benefits and all (although I do like the taste as well):

original-superfood-organic-japanese-gree

I have no additives put in the tea so I can continue to delude myself on the notion that I'll potentially live longer by drinking it regularly. :sachi:

Maybe I'll start drinking canned milktea to show my support for Waka.