Mannequin - A 2D Character CG Generator

helloar14

Hello there,

Recently I just published a 2D character CG generator tool via itch.io (demo versions are available)

It's currently in early access state, with development status and plans available for public via Trello.

Mannequin is a template-based character CG generator; by making it I'm hoping to make development easier for both non-artists and artists alike.

For non-artists, you can generate a production-ready quality CGs just by mixing and matching templates, adjusting the colors, then instantly export the result to a PNG file.

For artists or someone with experience using vector drawing programs, you can export the result to SVG file (which can be opened using Illustrator, CorelDRAW or Inkscape) and make your own custom modifications.

Included below are some screenshots:

tumblr_obyryft74q1v0j0q2o1_1280.png

tumblr_obybbpIflc1v0j0q2o2_1280.png

Let me know what you think!

--

Quick Links: itch.io Store Page | Public Trello Board | Devlog on Tumblr

Edited by helloar14
Missing screenshots

4 hours ago, atorq said:

Where's the boob-size slider?

Currently I'm still fondling with the template and code, finding the best way to implant it. :holo:

1 hour ago, Forgetful Frank said:

That is really awesome! You've done a lot of good work, please keep it up! ^_^

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

This is so freaking awesome :pyaa:
Seems like a really neat program, good job.

Thanks a lot :sacchan:

1 hour ago, Asonn said:

Looks cool, bought it as well :D Can't wait to see more costumes and different poses! 

Your wish is my command! :miyako:

On 10/7/2016 at 9:49 PM, XionsProphecy said:

Wow, this is really good.

Let me know if you need help with anything, I'd love to be involved in the project.

Thanks for the interest! I'm still experimenting with the idea of user-generated content, but if it can be implemented then hopefully people will be interested in creating their own components. 

On 12/7/2016 at 3:38 AM, pnadadeath said:

That seems perfect for all the non-artists.  It is definitely something I would consider.

Hopefully as development progresses, it will slowly change from something you'd consider to something you'll use! :miyako:

As a side note, release 0.1.2 is finally out. You can read the changelog here, or find out things to come in 0.1.3 in our Trello.

• 1 month later...
On ‎15‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 4:48 AM, degika said:

This is super cool! This will be super helpful in creating my VN and this is something I've been looking for years! Just bought it. 

Thanks! Much appreciated. Looking forward for your feedback!

For others who're also interested, a demo is now available for every platform (Windows/Mac/Linux), or alternatively you can check out what's happening behind the screen on Tumblr!