Preview of New Site

Hey everybody,

Here's a preview screenshot of the new front site. If you have a sec and want to share your off-the-cuff impression, that would be helpful! Otherwise, there will be a closed beta that starts once the new front site is successfully re-deployed on the server. I hope to launch the site for-reals next week.

Thanks!

f1hQU3n.jpg

1 minute ago, maefdomn said:

Good looking,

Are you using pHp or Jsp ?

Hey maef, only just saw your Skype messages. Now I feel like a terrible person. Sorry.

RE Coding Crap: PHP. There may be some JSP in there, too, but the details are a bit beyond me. Most of my participation was building the CMS and designing things.

4 minutes ago, maefdomn said:

Oh yeah, question

Are the different blogs and features centralized or do the links send you to the external sites ?

Yep. Everything on one site and interconnected. For example: posting a review on the hub will make it appear on the relevant game's page. Game pages now also allow guest reviews. Etc.

Not all my plans are going up right now: the Academy/Articles suite is still a WIP, but the back end has been totally built and I've made dedicated permissions sets for those who would want to participate in building and curating it (note: the initial academy/articles landing page will be a bit rough, but I've got everything we need to bedazzle it). Additionally, I should note that the team-builder, public profiles, and classifieds systems you and I chatted about are still only in the planning stages. 

The top of it is kinda an image overload, might partly be owed to the size of the header, but I think it more has to do with one row of images after another. It might look cleaner if the recently released section was either moved down or reworked in some way.

Anyway, that's just my mediocre observation coming from my questionable sense of aesthetics.

1 minute ago, Tay said:

Yep. Everything on one site and interconnected. For example: posting a review on the hub will make it appear on the relevant game's page. Game pages now also allow guest reviews. Etc.

Not all my plans are going up right now: the Academy/Articles suite is still a WIP, but the back end has been totally built and I've made dedicated permissions sets for those who would want to participate in building and curating it (note: the initial academy/articles landing page will be a bit rough, but I've got everything we need to bedazzle it). Additionally, I should note that the team-builder, public profiles, and classifieds systems you and I chatted about are still only in the planning stages. 

Still pretty neat, good job.

This looks a lot better than before.

The header image might be on the slightly big side. Although having a big nicely drawn picture is nice.

You could have a highly detailed background image with vn/anime characters. Instead of having it white I think? Old theme currently has yellow as background. Having a nice background justifies having smaller header imo.

I think if the top menus were drop-downs then the banner image size would be great, as it would mean none of the menus would cover anything else. In all honesty though, I have no particular issues with the banner size anyway. In fact, the whole lot looks really pleasant :sachi:

2 hours ago, Bolverk said:

You could have a highly detailed background image with vn/anime characters. Instead of having it white I think? Old theme currently has yellow as background. Having a nice background justifies having smaller header imo.

If you don't mind my rebuttal I'm not sure I agree. I think if the background image was filled with characters it would look messier and be a little harder to get around, particularly as most of the thumbnails would also feature characters. I suppose if they were somewhat translucent that could work? Just my two pennies though, it could look awesome with background images.

54 minutes ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

If you don't mind my rebuttal I'm not sure I agree. I think if the background image was filled with characters it would look messier and be a little harder to get around, particularly as most of the thumbnails would also feature characters. I suppose if they were somewhat translucent that could work? Just my two pennies though, it could look awesome with background images.

Certainly it would look messy if there was too many characters. Having something like 1-3 on each left and right side of the middle of the page. Depending on the size of them wouldn't destroy the balance of the page I imagine.

I like it. Its bright and vibrant which makes it inviting to newcomers and old timers alike :wahaha: .

Everything is sectioned off cleanly. I don't mind the big header picture. A big,nice and clear header picture could make people curious about the Vns that are on display. 

Good job getting it done, Tay Admin-san!

200.gif

Hi everybody. Nay and I are going to be launching the new front site today, which means we'll be doing all sorts of work on the server and things could explode. Consequently, anything you post after this message goes up could be lost if things go south. Capiche? So if you're posting something of note, Today, make a copy of it in Notepad++ or Word before you click Publish. That way, when the site burns to the ground, you have a memento to hold and cherish. 

TL;DR = Big site work today. Back up everything you post today before you click "publish" just in case things went "BOOM" or go "BOOM" at some point today.

But 'backing up' is for chickens, Tay. Real men throw caution to the wind and live with the consequences. :) 

... (*copy* *paste* *saved forever*)

5 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

Ya'll is some picky ass mofos. I for one, just want the damn thing up already. Aesthetics can be altered later. Lets hurry up and get the server meltdown over with. 

No, no, no, no. Server meltdowns and FuwApocalypses are like fine wines. You need to savor them.