07/08 - Forums Update

20 minutes ago, Godskrieg said:

Am I the only one with a normal pc? :rimu:

It's broken for some, not for others (though the majority report it being broken), I doubt it's related to my PC since every other website works fine.
I tested multiple browsers with the same results as well.

Either way, it's the animation that breaks it, so it'd be nice if it could be turned off since it serves little purpose.

Note: by broken I mean CPU usage goes up by 30% every time the banner animation is being displayed.

1 hour ago, Tiagofvarela said:

In the interest of saving everybody's time, I recommend instead reporting what isn't broken.

It appears posting is still functional, for starters.

NP. I'll also post a guide in the GM board for how to take it off, in the future.

14 minutes ago, Nosebleed said:

It's broken for some, not for others (though the majority report it being broken), I doubt it's related to my PC since every other website works fine.
I tested multiple browsers with the same results as well.

Either way, it's the animation that breaks it, so it'd be nice if it could be turned off since it serves little purpose.

Note: by broken I mean CPU usage goes up by 30% every time the banner animation is being displayed.

Okay, all done. (Note: Also made that post in the GM board)

23 minutes ago, Valmore said:

Tay, working with the Cat in the Hat to bring you things since ... whenever. Now with Thing 3!!!

How's the status of the reviews part coming along? I've got one that's been sitting in limbo about a week now. :sachi:

When the front site is done. Like I said, only in the mood to fix it once. Don't want to post it, then lose it to a rollback, and have to redo editing, and fixing of categories. 

27 minutes ago, solidbatman said:

When the front site is done. Like I said, only in the mood to fix it once. Don't want to post it, then lose it to a rollback, and have to redo editing, and fixing of categories. 

Oh, we aren't posting reviews until the front site is done? Great, now I have a perfectly valid excuse for procrastinating on mine. Thank you @Tay and @Nayleen.

"do=GetNewComment" no longer brings you to the end of a thread if there are no new posts, but instead to the beginning. This is the function used when clicking on the icon to the left of a thread in the forum view, and on the thread name in the main forum index.

It's mildly inconvenient.

Regarding Thing 3: it's working exactly as-advertised. If you don't like it, use This or That from the last update.

RE: Spoilers/formatting changes - One of the GMs can do that for you. This is why they have ACP access.

(Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha)

RE: Front Site - Just waiting on Nay's schedule. I'm otherwise ready to put it up.