There's a Limit to One's Narcissim - Following Oneself

UgCRxGv.png

Does this deserve its own thread? Probably not.

Am I supposed to be able to see that anonymous follower? My permissions are traditionally pretty messed up, so regardless of whether I'm supposed to or not, blame @Tay.

In a completely unrelated topic, Dergonu has two more followers than I*. Just thought I'd mention it.

*Until I followed him myself, that is. Issue has been remedied by our hero of olden times, nohman. Now the math checks out once more**.

**Math has been completely ruined. Nevermind. It made sense at the time.

Well, our dearest Bandwagon-chan (Derg) decided to make a alternate account to test an avatar picture for VirginSmasher, and following to that because of Bandwagon-chan's whimsical nature, he decided to make an introductory thread for the said alt account and follow his main account. Nay, however, didn't like this chain of events and IP banned Bandwagon-chan. 

Then Bandwagon-chan went forth and contacted Nay on a different IP adress, possibly a phone, and they came to the conclusion that the alt account would be oblirerated from the face of Fuwo, thus making Bandwagon-chan follow himself twice.

As for the anonymous, it's probably some quest following him or a banned user, but I'll chalk that up to lol :ipb:

The anonymous is @Juan, if you want a name

This place is pretty magical sometimes

Edited by Arcadeotic

Haha, just found this thread.

Yeah, you know the most fun part of that? Every time I post a status update, I get a notification saying "Dergonu has posted a status update!"

I then click that and read it again, nodding to myself while I do.

Ahh, me :miyako:

1 hour ago, Arcadeotic said:

The anonymous is @Juan, if you want a name

If it says anonymous, I'd believe the person in question would wish to remain anonymous, no? Why do you think I went to the trouble of covering it up?
Regardless, no, that is not the individual in question.

The question I'm posing is whether I'm supposed to be able to know who the anonymous individual is, not that it makes much of a difference.

6 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Haha, just found this thread.

Yeah, you know the most fun part of that? Every time I post a status update, I get a notification saying "Dergonu has posted a status update!"

I then click that and read it again, nodding to myself while I read it.

Ahh, me :miyako:

You know what's problematic? It's that you're not just following yourself -- which should be impossible to begin with -- you're following yourself twice. It's impossible for regular people to follow someone twice. That means you have literally committed two impossibilities on top of one another.

Actually, scratch all that. You know what's really problematic? That you haven't followed me back yet. That's what.
Traitorous  scum.

Just now, Tiagofvarela said:

If it says anonymous, I'd believe the person in question would wish to remain anonymous, no? Why do you think I went to the trouble of covering it up?

The question I'm posing is whether I'm supposed to be able to know who the anonymous individual is, not that it makes much of a difference.

You know what's problematic? Is that you're not just following yourself -- which should be impossible to begin with -- you're following yourself twice. It's impossible for regular people to follow someone twice. That means you have literally committed two impossibilities on top of one another.

Actually, scratch all that. You know what's really problematic? That you haven't followed me back yet. That's what.
Traitorous  scum.

What can I say, I am an amazing person. :miyako:

*Goes over to follow you now, possibly making the situation worse*

(As for what actually happened there, it's just like Arc said, except Nay didn't IP ban me on purpose. He simply meant to stop the alt from being able to post, but ended up doing that to my main as well. After that I panicked, used my neighbor's internet and contacted Nay from a third account, which I had to make in order to PM him. We agreed that the other account would be merged into my main, as Nay didn't want me to openly have 2 backer accounts, seeing as I'd have 50 likes a day I could abuse. Makes sense. What happened though, was that he also merged the third account into this one, which in turn meant I now follow myself. Twice. 8))

35 minutes ago, Tiagofvarela said:

Ah, I misunderstood your question then, my apologies.

I deducted for that 'anonymous' to be him by sheer order of Derg's followers.

As for your actual question, I myself had or have had any issues seeing such people (hence why I didn't see the anonymous' tag on my side), so it's either A.) your permissions are indeed messed up, thus prohibiting you from seeing such wonderful people, or B.) some Admin/GM really has it for you.

I have three followers. All of them are known to me. I believe @CeruleanGamerwas the first one to click that button. I might start calling her senpai because of that. Ironically, the second person was none other than @Tiagofvarela. And then recently, @Rookeclicked it, because us old dudes gotta stick together... maybe one of us will remember to tell the other to take our meds on any given day, for instance.

1 minute ago, Valmore said:

I have three followers. All of them are known to me. I believe @CeruleanGamerwas the first one to click that button. I might start calling her senpai because of that. Ironically, the second person was none other than @Tiagofvarela. And then recently, @Rookeclicked it, because us old dudes gotta stick together... maybe one of us will remember to tell the other to take our meds on any given day, for instance.

Define "ironic". How is my involvement in any way ironic?

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Yes I do :rimu:

The person Arc mentioned earlier isn't listed as anonymous. His or her identity shall remain unknown for all eternity! :holo:

I can count at least 11 other people who'd know if they just looked...