Hakuai, Yuri in Nursing School VN (All Ages by the way)

littleshogun

Well, obviously we'll talk about Nurse Love Addiction VN here (I'll just call it Hakuai). This VN was supposed to be released back at June 16th, but because the translation at that time was unsatisfied for Degica, Degica decided to delay the release and in few hours, this game will be unlocked on Steam. The premise here was the siblings apply for nursing school, and the younger one was so caring for the older one here. The young sister Nao was far more capable here than the older one (Asuka, also our MC here). For more cast, at nursing school they also got acquaintanced with Sakuya and Itsuki (Fellow students at nursing school). Also we got teacher here (Kaede) who was experienced nurse here. Oh, and we'll get yuri romance here obviously.

For the seiyuu, 2 of 5 was experienced one. First was Yukari Tamura who voiced Sakuya here (Furude Rika from Higurashi, Bernkastel from Umineko, Kawasumi Mai from Kanon), and the second was Asami Imai who voiced Kaede here, and she also the singer for the opening here (Asami role was Makise Kurisu from Steins Gate, Okitsu Ai from Yumina the Ethereal, Morishita Michiru from Koichoco). As for sex content, once again if you look at the title it should be obvious there's will be no sex content here.

Use this thread for Hakuai discussion, and had fun. Right now this game will be unlocked on Steam 4 hours later.

PS - I'm quite interested with this community reaction when they got to see certain CG here. And no, I'll not give that certain CG here.

PPS - Right now I couldn't comment about this much, but maybe in July end later.

Since it's taking a bit of time for them to finalize the Koiken Otome patch, I went ahead and bought this and started it.

It's really cute so far. The art is nice and everything is neat and pretty to look at. I'm not really distracted by the UI at all.

(Think that last one was a concern some people had. It's really not bad at all.)

So far so good :miyako:

2 hours ago, Dergonu said:

Since it's taking a bit of time for them to finalize the Koiken Otome patch, I went ahead and bought this and started it.

It's really cute so far. The art is nice and everything is neat and pretty to look at. I'm not really distracted by the UI at all.

(Think that last one was a concern some people had. It's really not bad at all.)

So far so good :miyako:

No shit, you're a yuri fan till the death. :wahaha:

Let's hear it from someone who's not strictly into yuri. 

So I have finished the Kaede route now. To be honest, I don't know why there is an "enforced playing order" tag. There is a bunch of choices, and I don't think you are tied to one specific route at all... (you can also get good / bad endings depending on the choices.)

Looking at the Japanese guide, it looks like it's pretty much just up to you what you do. Unless I'm missing something, that tag doesn't seem right. Idk...

EDIT: I just tested it on a new computer, and I went for the Nao route this time, and got it. The enforced playing order tag is WRONG. @CeruleanGamer, you are saved :sacchan:

(Maybe if someone who is playing the game for the first time could try getting a route other than the Kaede one on their first go, that would let us confirm whether or not the tag is wrong. Here is the Japanese guide: http://seiya-saiga.com/game/galge/vita/hakuai.html)

Anyways, the game is fantastic.

The art is beautiful, the music is nice and the characters are all great. I found a few small typos, but the translation seems good, so the additional time they put into it paid off in the end from the looks of things.

This is a game that doesn't overuse a bunch of standard yuri tropes, and so it felt like a breath of fresh air going through it. (For instance, the fact that the chracters are girls in love doesn't come up as a "no, this is wrong!" conflict at any point. It's just seond nature to them.)

There is some drama here and there, and I ended up being taken by surpirse at one point, which in turn made me cry quite a bit, but overall though, the game is very light and sweet.

Strongly recommend giving it a go, it's been a great read so far.

Time to move over to another route! :pyaa:

Sorry for the double post, but I just wanted to bump this thread after having finished the game, to give a bit more information on it if someone who is uncertain whether they should play it or not happen to come by.

It's not just another cute little yuri title. That is what I thought it was at first, but it is not. Sure, the game has a lot of slice of life moments, especially during the first part of the common route, (it's split in three,) but once you start to move towards the later parts of the game / the heroine routes, the game changes completely. During the later parts of the game, I seriously could not put it away. I was just glued to the screen all the way to the end.

This game is absolutely fantastic, and it is so much more than what first meets the eye. Of course, there is a lot of cuteness and sweet romance in there, but ... you'll get it when you play it.

I don't want to speak too much about specifics, as going into it after being spoiled won't be any fun, but just know that this game can be summed up in this one line:

2g3U9Ip.png

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for a late first impression here. Finally get this and playing a little bit. ADV box was definitely too big, but if you feeling bothered with that you could just adjust the transparency. Interestingly, this VN also had feature skip to the next choice, although you couldn't playback the previous scene though. As for the beginning, it was indeed some typical clueless MC entering nurse school and meet some girls which could be said as cliche as any yuri story (Maybe). So for the beginning there's not much I could said other than Yukari Tamura here sounds like her usual voice as Sakuya there. Oh, and Sakuya and Itsuki was already lover there. For now I'll try to play the Kaede (The teacher) route first here.

PS - I already knew that there's much more than what's it look in regard of this VN.

• 1 month later...
On 7/7/2016 at 9:55 PM, Arcadeotic said:

If it's utterly terrible with its enforced play order, like KoiChoco, I'll upload a savefile, like with KoiChoco

What do you mean by this?

And I must say I get thois high on my wishlist, only because that girl with glasses looks amazing.

Spoiler

92580.jpg
ss_b6e26cf243f97e60d89183096bb04ecff8316
ss_233b927872ee0ac60cf3bd863761ad0e8b382

8 hours ago, Dergonu said:

There is no enforced playing order. That was a mistake. Someone added the wrong tag.

I didn't hint any enforced play order in Hakuai in the present, since I know that the whole tag is false nowadays, and I was only questioning Vorathiel and his question about KoiChoco, not Hakuai. We weren't talking about Hakuai, but KoiChoco instead, which very much has a huge enforced play order

But yes, there's no enforxed play order, so it's all good

13 minutes ago, Vorathiel said:

So what was that KoiChoco drama all about?

Basically, In order to play the other routes, you first have to finish Chisato's route. Now that wouldn't bet the most terrible thing in the world, but Chisato's possessive and prohibits the MC from having too much contact with other girls, a pretty terrible tsundere, physically violent against the MC, so you can guess that not many people didn't like her too much. Her route and the main "problem" in said route wasn't the most innovative and great, so many thinks of it as the worst route.

All this adds up to an enforced, longish route with quite an irritating persona.